Wife vs. the Quest (The Woo-Ride)

TopDawg_43

My wife has been giving my crap about my car since I got it. I got this one in particular about a year before we got hitched. When I graduated from college and moved to CT, I even left the car in NC. That did nothing to curve her mouth. After "13" years of that, said wife was removed from her position on the team. After the price tag, divorce is not so bad. New woman refuses to ride in the car. It's too fast, she says. However, she said as long as I keep the bills paid, who cares what I do to and with my car. She's a keeper!
  • Like 2

My wife had her ups and downs with the car. When I got the first Conquest I was nearly 2 years in the relationship with her, she was supportive of the "hobby."

But then I started spending too much time with it and money at time that the money could have been used for something more pertinent and she started having sour feelings about it.

Now she's annoyed at the fact that it looks like crap and she will not drive it and it's current conditions. So I said, "well, making it pretty requires money" to which she replied "you're procrastinating too much on it already, just do it, paint it."

Which means I have the green light to go, which also means she wants it looking nice so she can drive it. It's a win for me.

But glad #2 for you is working out better. Just don't get too carried away with it. As men, we may have a habit of doing that.

I'm not at "Wife mode" yet but I've had several girlfriends while owning my quests and luckily none of them have had issues with the car or my spending / time habits associated with them. Thank god lol.

Allen

The number one rule in our household is: As long as all the bills are paid, nothing can be said about how the other spends their money.

The only time his car hobby gets to me is when we go to car events. He sucks at being a passenger and taking two cars everywhere tends to get old and expensive.

My ex wife used to say she would buy a quest and make it better than mine. She never once complained about me having it or spending money on it. We ended up getting a divorce and now two years later she says she was wrong to divorce me. She also said she is glad I still have my car.

I dont know how to feel about a woman telling me I am/was right. Is it a trap? Did the planets align?

I dont know how to feel about a woman telling me I am/was right. Is it a trap? Did the planets align?

If she's struggling financially it may be a trap. She's used to spending your $. Or she may just be lonely and forget about you once she meets someone.

My ex wife used to say she would buy a quest and make it better than mine. She never once complained about me having it or spending money on it. We ended up getting a divorce and now two years later she says she was wrong to divorce me. She also said she is glad I still have my car.

I know a guy going through divorce, his wife revenge cheated on him with a few fellows. He cheated on her year ago with his cousins wife. So she cheated on him with her Zumba instructor and a few other guys.

Anyway, she moved east coast somewhere with her family. When that crazy winter freeze hit, she started calling him wanting to work things out.

Her lifestyle changed drastically, enough so to want to ask a lying cheating weasel to forgive her for her doing the same.

Daughters car died down the road this morning on her way to school. I'm in the shower and the wife comes in going ballistic. We get in to an argument and my red quest comes up. Says I need to sell it and get my daughter a better car. For some reason she has always hated the red quest but likes my white starion. Biggest mistake I made was to say that I would sell the red quest as an excuse for getting the white one. I have told her for a long time that it ain't gonna happen! Lol! Edited by duckheads

Through several girlfriends I have had to remind them. The car was here before you and it will be here after you ;)

I used to tell me ex wife that about my RC hobby. I still have my RC stuff and she is an ex...

My new wife loves my 87 quest. So much so that we purchased an 86 for her daughter as a first car. The wife fell in love with the car and took it for herself. Daughter got a hand me down from her older sister and that sealed the deal.

She doesnt mind if I buy things for either quest. MY problem is she's so good to me that I feel bad not spending time with her. So the cars get neglected and I spend a lot of time with her

I used to tell me ex wife that about my RC hobby. I still have my RC stuff and she is an ex...

My new wife loves my 87 quest. So much so that we purchased an 86 for her daughter as a first car. The wife fell in love with the car and took it for herself. Daughter got a hand me down from her older sister and that sealed the deal.

She doesnt mind if I buy things for either quest. MY problem is she's so good to me that I feel bad not spending time with her. So the cars get neglected and I spend a lot of time with her

Does your wife have a sister of similar composure!? If so I'm moving to Tenn!

O by the way Red Cat. The Hazlitt vineyards are a half hour drive from my place. Been meaning to tell you that lol

Her lifestyle changed drastically, enough so to want to ask a lying cheating weasel to forgive her for her doing the same.

My divorce wasnt because of cheating it was more like realizing we were two opposite people with different views on where we wanted to be in life.

When she said she was wrong is because she thought her and her daughter didnt need me around. Luckily her and I are still friends and I can be a dad to my step daughter even though we are not together. We all have a love for cars too.

Does your wife have a sister of similar composure!? If so I'm moving to Tenn!

O by the way Red Cat. The Hazlitt vineyards are a half hour drive from my place. Been meaning to tell you that lol

Sorry only a brother and he's married.lol

That is cool about Hazlitt. I wondered if anybody realized what that was.

I grew up in Penn Hills just outside of the Burgh

Man has job, man buys car of choice. Woman has job, and buys car of choice. All housing expenses get divided. Kid needs car, buy 1,200 elantra. Reliable enough, plus kid will total first car anyway. Easy.

Buying your kid a new car is pointless. They will destroy it, new cars aren't reliable either, and your kid needs to learn to handle a breakdown and tire change.

My wife doesn't understand my obsession with mine either. But at the end of the day, as long as the bills are paid, there's money for spending on her, my boy, holidays etc then she doesn't really mind I think. Better than me going out and getting drunk or something every night anyway! And she enjoys making fun of how long it's been a project for. I'm gonna shock her once it's painted running and legal haha!

My gf lets her kids disrespect her and obviosly me too cause she allows it.i dont think she liked it when i said 1 reason i bought the car was to bring my happy arse out to the garage to get away from that s,!t. I ended it with if u dont make it hard on them its going to continue to b hard on us theres the door.

We ended up getting a divorce and now two years later she says she was wrong to divorce me. She also said she is glad I still have my car.

Most folks have to lose something before they can realize what they had

Vision is clearer when you're on the outside lookin in

Ive had two girlfriends after getting my quest and with both of them it was one of the first things talked about. It took 3 yrs to find this one, and you will leave long before the car does. it seems silly but if you have a hobby or an activity you like to do it needs to be brought up at the start.

The wife and I pooled $ to get my first SQ. We rode home in it after the wedding ceremony. Really hot september day and the AC broke on the way to the ceremony.

So my SQ has sentimental value to both of us.