eeaston

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started talking to Randy about 5 months ago to get a short block built. I was very specific about my timeline and my needs and he agreed to do his best to stick to it. I have a couple things to say about Randy that deserve the attention of the masses.

1. He delivered on time and jumped through some hoops to do it. He had to handle the situation when Alamo autosports drop shipped the wrong size pistons with my pauter rods. I was in Japan and unable to fix it. He also went to the trouble of bugging another member to use their parts when my rings weren't perfect, which is something I probably wouldn't even have noticed if I assembled myself.

2. The order was delivered exactly per my specifications with careful attention to detail and painstaking care, very well packed and everything I ordered made it in the box. Amazing how often this is not the case.

3. He must have followed all the threads in the block with a tap or something because everything screwed into it more easily than I've ever felt bolts screw into a block. That might be normal at "Good" machine shops but it's not been my experience. He also painted the block? Maybe that's normal too but no one's ever done it for me before.

4. The price was very reasonable.

I installed the engine today and it fired right up. Great oil pressure, runs smooth as glass, no issues. The new Griffen radiator should keep the whole works nice and cool and it won't see boost 'till all the new gauges are in. Oh and it hasn't used a drop of water in 20 miles. It would have been a quart low by now if the old block was still in. That's all really, just a positive feedback post. Oh and here's some backgroud so you know how frustrating it's been.

Since October 2004 my car has been basically down due to the fact that it's been pressurizing the cooling system every time I boost it as well as just generally ingesting water at a rate fast enough to make it sputter/miss at idle, but run smooth above 2000rpm. When I got home from Jimmy's meet in Reynolds Georgia back in Oct '04 I changed the head gasket. Over the course of the last 2 years and 3 months (still can't believe it's been that long) I've changed the head (found cracks and thought I'd found the problem) and then another head that I had checked over, pressure tested and such but it still did it. Water would blow out of the overflow under boost. I couldn't get enough time off to fix it and an engine swap was out of the question. Randy build me a short block and I installed it today. Thus far the problem is finally gone. When all my new go fast goodies are clickin' together it should be on.

C'mon guys Dad's gonna wobble like a weeble because his head's gettng too big. JK Randy. Everything he has done for me has been A-1. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Hell I'll even go to his funeral when he croaks 50 years from now.

I have bought parts from him on more than one occasion and I have sent several other members to him to buy parts for their cars I have worked on. So far, I have yet to install any BSEK, JVEK, or timing set that did not come from Randy.

Thanks for the great support!

I called DAD one day and we talked for about 45 mins about rebuilding engines. I feel bad because I never ordered antying off of him because the money went funny(Wierd its like the world knows you have money).

but he sat there building an engine and giving me advice on various different parts. He was actually telling me about some places that ran better deals than him! Great great man. I will be ordering Hyperutechtics off of him I swear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I ordered the intake and exhaust mani hardware to attach them to the head as well as a new PVC and the PCV hose to TB on Tuesday and it was delivered on Thursday. Great person to work with. Gary

Randy was great, I wish all our vendors were as trustworthy and prompt as Dad. I got my oil pump from him and a set of schnieder springs. 2 days and they were at the house :shock: I just wish I'd of went to him in the first place. Now we'll see how long it takes another vendor to ship said oil pump. I will procede with my rebuild. :D Thanks Randy for an awsome transaction :)