Totaled my quest on my way to work

Amonje123

Come on really my insurance will cover the tow and his car. And I was ratted on he called the cops and highway patrol came.

Wait, did you just say you were "ratted on" you ignorant prick!

Yea I know guys I deserve it rub it all in. So anyways today I have decided to take the rest of the year off with fast cars. I'm going to hold off fixing the quest for now and Gnna sell my trans am. I like to haul tail on the freeway in that doing long trips. So no more of that. And I'm going to buy a new Altima lil 4 banger, always wanted one of those.

No one needs to rat you out. Cops see accidents all the time. They know you were speeding just by glancing at the scene. Also just by taking some measurements and doing some math they can figure out just how fast you were going.

It looks like you are taking this as a lesson learned. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Glad everybody was ok, but the number one thing to think about with a car isn't getting from A to B as fast as you can. It isn't getting from A to B. It's about your RESPONSIBILITY to everybody else out there. Do NOT shrug this off. You could have just as well killed somebody. You may not have kids to care about but other folks do, and they are all at risk any time they're anywhere near a road. Do you want to be the guy that kills a toddler because it's cool to go fast in traffic? Stop and think for a moment how you'd feel if you got the call that somebody just ran your mom over. YOU don't have the right to drive recklessly, even if you think you can handle it. YOU owe it to society to become a safe member of it, on the roads and off. Put another car together, buy another car, whatever, just don't hit the road again unless you're well-aware that you're not the only one on it.

Yea I know guys I deserve it rub it all in. So anyways today I have decided to take the rest of the year off with fast cars. I'm going to hold off fixing the quest for now and Gnna sell my trans am. I like to haul tail on the freeway in that doing long trips. So no more of that. And I'm going to buy a new Altima lil 4 banger, always wanted one of those.

That's a step in the right direction. You need to keep in mind though that it was your actions that were the direct cause of this. Fast cars do encourage some people to drive recklessly, so it's good to not tempt yourself. But you need to always keep in mind that you're driving a 4000lb chunk of metal filled with an explosive liquid - that can cause a lot of damage. Respect the car, and respect the other people on the road. I'll give you a real good personal example.

The guy who's Saturn you just destroyed? He might not have a way to get to work right now. That might have been his only car, and he might work 30 minutes away. He might be the only income in his family and now his kids might go hungry because you wanted to run a red light. Even if that's not true (and it's probably not), that's just one way you could have made that guys life much harder. At a minimum, he needs to go out of his way to get his car fixed because of you, and he'll be without it for a week plus. Put yourself in his shoes - how pissed would you be if someone hit you like that?

What I'm trying to get through to you (along with everyone else here I think) is that it doesn't matter what you're driving or why you think you need to drive like that - it's not worth someone's life or livelihood. Heck, even if the only person you hurt is yourself somehow, is it really worth the money and time it will take you to fix a totaled car? Plus the extra money you'll have to spend on insurance? Plus however much a ticket will cost you?

I'm gonna tell you about my friend Matt who was just injured in a car accident. He lives in Florida and was riding his moped home from work. A driver was texting and not paying attention then slams into Matt at about 40 mph.

Matt just got out of the hospital a day ago. He had swelling in his brain which they had to done surgery to release the pressure, a broken collar bone, broken arm, as well as bruises all over his body. He is lucky to survive with no brain damage and no permanent injury. I have known matt for 15+ years and am thankful god was watching over him.

Your actions on the road affect everyone. Your driving relects the type of person you are. From what you said about how you were driving shows that you are self centered, impatient, immature, and most of all lack of fore thought.

Are those qualities you want people to think of you for?

Wow, you guys are harsh! And quite frankly, acting like a bunch of d****. Did you not read the other guy pulled out in front of him? Both parties are at slight fault.

Dude, I'm glad both of you were able to walk away from this one, cars can be replaced, even with these getting harder to find, it's not like it's a 300SL Gullwing.

The only real thing I'm gonna get on you about is no seatbelt, you know better.

Yes, the car might be totaled, but would be a prime candidate for a tubular front clip. make a jig off the other shell to grab suspension points, and transfer that to this shell

yea, i don't know man....if your close to a light.....intersection...thats where people make decisions on when and where to turn.

Kinda hard to turn when someone is flying at...what "80+ mph" he said?

Look in your mirror, yes there is a car way back there, look in your other mirror change lanes....that car which was way back there is now in your assss!

I have had this happen and it sucks when a cop makes a judgment in the favor of both people when clearly someone doing something wrong should be the one getting all the blame.

Also, if my kids where in the car and harmed because of a person like this.....I may have to hold myself back from breakin' a jaw!

Just a reminder....Look out for the other people at all times!

Hey, I'm glad you're not dead, first off.. because you really almost died.

I'm the last one to lecture on wild behavior on the street, no way I can act holier than thou, but you did combine a few very sketchy moves together (passing truck on right, not anticipating the Saturn, flooring it at a yellow) and you basically gambled and lost. Take it from a guy who has walked away from 12 wrecks both driving and passenger, keep that seatbelt ON. Never trust other drivers to see you or to not shut the door on you. Avoid blasting intersections, there are a thousand things that can go wrong in an intersection. Expect the unexpected. 80MPH is what freeways are for, not surface streets during the morning rush.

It would be a lot harder to deal with hurting or killing somebody else than it ever is to have just totalled a car and walked away. In the end, it's just a car. Hey I wrecked a yellow 88 on the way to work too, spun 3X on an exit ramp. Que sera sera, just take the lesson from it. You're a young dude, we all took chances at that age, that's why you pay so much for insurance....

Edited by Fuze

Hey, I'm glad you're not dead, first off.. because you really almost died.

I'm the last one to lecture on wild behavior on the street, no way I can act holier than thou, but you did combine a few very sketchy moves together (passing truck on right, not anticipating the Saturn, flooring it at a yellow) and you basically gambled and lost. Take it from a guy who has walked away from 12 wrecks both driving and passenger, keep that seatbelt ON. Never trust other drivers to see you or to not shut the door on you. Avoid blasting intersections, there are a thousand things that can go wrong in an intersection. Expect the unexpected. 80MPH is what freeways are for, not surface streets during the morning rush.

It would be a lot harder to deal with hurting or killing somebody else than it ever is to have just totalled a car and walked away. In the end, it's just a car. Hey I wrecked a yellow 88 on the way to work too, spun 3X on an exit ramp. Que sera sera, just take the lesson from it. You're a young dude, we all took chances at that age, that's why you pay so much for insurance....

^^This^^

What's the deal with everyone wanting to kick the guy while he's down and calling him names??? Not a very supportive community. He knows he screwed up and made some very bad decisions, but you guys repeating it over and over and calling him a d*** is shameful.

We've all been guilty of spirited driving at times, and I doubt anyone of you can say that you've never made a driving mistake or had a lapse of good judgement behind the wheel. At least the kid has admitted his mistakes and seems to be learning a lesson, and thankfully the accident wasn't bad enough to prevent the opportunity for a lesson.

I'm glad you are ok and the car can be replaced. It sucks, but learn the lesson and use what you've learned to not repeat the mistakes. Good luck with whatever you decide for your vehicle plans.

BC_99

• Like 2

Wow, you guys are harsh! And quite frankly, acting like a bunch of d****. Did you not read the other guy pulled out in front of him? Both parties are at slight fault.

Dude, I'm glad both of you were able to walk away from this one, cars can be replaced, even with these getting harder to find, it's not like it's a 300SL Gullwing.

The only real thing I'm gonna get on you about is no seatbelt, you know better.

Yes, the car might be totaled, but would be a prime candidate for a tubular front clip. make a jig off the other shell to grab suspension points, and transfer that to this shell

My brother was in a car that turned left and was t boned, the driver of the car thought he had enough time to turn but didn't realize the oncoming car was doing close to 75 on a 35mph zone, drag racing another car. My brother died that good friday.

Dad

Yes finally somebody reads lol. I didn't think these many members would be upset but Ooo well. The weird thing is the guy keep telling me sorry for pulling out in front of me.

Yeah we got a special bunch here these days.

If I was such a dickk I'd be banned or suspended from this site..

Anyways glad you guys got lucky and not hurt to bad.praise Jesus !

So the guy called me yesterday and I asked me I was ok. I said yes. He said sorry for getting in my way. I was like dude it was my fault. He said no it wouldn't of happened if I looked twice. True but it wouldn't of happened if I was hauling tail.

So anyways I went down to his pad to check out his supra that has the blown head gasket. Hes car was pretty clean. All black lowered, cool rims. Kinda resembled the conquest. He said he bought the car new and never changed anything on it all 127k original. So he started it up and sounded kinda bad had a miss. He said once it gets warm it goes to overheat fast. So turned it off and pulled all the plugs out. They were all nasty black ewww. Did a compression test and perfect. So i said get wires and plugs first and restart.

Got back from the parts store installed new wires and plugs. Started up and sounded good. Let It start warming up looking good not getting hot. So i said lets drive it real quick. Took it down the street and that temp climbed so high so fast we went back. I popped the hood and touched the radiator hoses one hot one cold. I said dude you don't need a headgasket you need a new thermostat. Pick one up there that thing in and problem solved.

That was way easier then I thought. Good thing I didn't have to pull the head. First time working on a supra. It was awsome. He tried to give me some money. I said it's cool dude don't even trip. We can cruse together someday. So now he has a car to drive :)

• Like 2

Coulda been worse , glad you and Supra dood walked away , i have a bud who got into a accident many years ago with a girl who did a u-turn without looking and took him out while riding his motorcycle and that's how they met, they've been married 12 or so years now and he does all the driving . :)

So the guy called me yesterday and I asked me I was ok. I said yes. He said sorry for getting in my way. I was like dude it was my fault. He said no it wouldn't of happened if I looked twice. True but it wouldn't of happened if I was hauling tail.

So anyways I went down to his pad to check out his supra that has the blown head gasket. Hes car was pretty clean. All black lowered, cool rims. Kinda resembled the conquest. He said he bought the car new and never changed anything on it all 127k original. So he started it up and sounded kinda bad had a miss. He said once it gets warm it goes to overheat fast. So turned it off and pulled all the plugs out. They were all nasty black ewww. Did a compression test and perfect. So i said get wires and plugs first and restart.

Got back from the parts store installed new wires and plugs. Started up and sounded good. Let It start warming up looking good not getting hot. So i said lets drive it real quick. Took it down the street and that temp climbed so high so fast we went back. I popped the hood and touched the radiator hoses one hot one cold. I said dude you don't need a headgasket you need a new thermostat. Pick one up there that thing in and problem solved.

That was way easier then I thought. Good thing I didn't have to pull the head. First time working on a supra. It was awsome. He tried to give me some money. I said it's cool dude don't even trip. We can cruse together someday. So now he has a car to drive :)

Very fortunate to have (literally) run into a guy this cool! Strange, how some things work out. Good for you.