10 best and 5 worst engines to build

stariondreams

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone need to build any motor then? That is a dumb question.

it was a rhetorical question, but you obviously don't get it

F20C makes only 60HP less than the 1UZ with literally half the displacement. That's high quality engineering

Nope, that's still a peaky n.a. 2L. Honda thought so much of your 'quality engineering', that they increased the displacement

HP sells and u obviously caught the pitch. Who expects a 'hondaboy' to understand anything beyond "peak hp"? Typical

The two drive nothing alike. No comparison whatsoever.

UZ tq throughout the powerband. Pulls effortlessly

I redline mine at least 4 times every day for the past 6 years and it's still signing a perfect tune

like u have a choice.... tiptoe if u wanna reach the sugar, honey. Next time ask UZ, he'll pass it to ya - lol

Edited by jinx

it was a rhetorical question, but you onviously don't get it

Nope, that's still a peaky n.a. 2L. Honda thought so much of your 'qualyity enfineering', that they increased the displacement

HP sells and u obcuiously caught the pitch. Who expects a 'hondaboy' to understand anything beyond "peak hp"? Typical

The two drive nothing alike. No comparison whatsoever.

UZ tq throughout the powerband. Pulls effortlessly

like u have a choice.... tiptoe if u wanna reach the sugar, honey. Next time ask UZ, he'll pass it to ya - lol

Don't know what you're getting so upset over. Clearly you're the fanboy around here, look at how sad you are throwing attacks. I never said anything negative about any motor, simply stating that Honda makes a fantastic engine. Grow up buddy, Honda makes great motors, get over it.

You seem to think that RPMs are for bad motors, well you should probably take your genius stack of knowledge over to the top racing teams and let them know. Those pathetic fools in Nascar are revving up higher than Honda motors. Indy and F1 are way higher. Those idiots!

simply stating that Honda makes a fantastic engine

I hear you Leesfer, I'm a big Honda fan myself. I've owned a CRX and two S2K's (both an AP1 and an AP2), so I have personal experience with the B-series as well as both FC series engines. While there is a marked difference on paper between the two engines in the S2K's, the difference in the seat of your pants has much less to do with the engine dynamic changes than it does with suspension changes...regardless of what you read otherwise. ;)

Edited by NikoFab

I met a machinist who hates the G54B. I think due to a moron customer he had who kept blowing the engines up. He said he had more than 10 good blocks that he 'threw out' because he refuses to machine them. Then he told me he would do mine with extra care but with no warranty. LoL! The big bore and long stroke with balance shaft chains isn't too good for much over 5500 RPM, if that, but it can rev higher and with those heavy flywheels, the engine doesn't respond as fast to deceleration. It can continue to rev a little more to throw the owner off without realizing he is taking it beyond the red line. I think the engine is very good when you do things 'properly' like I'm sure Gibby is doing.

When I got my first starion in 1991, the car was listed as one of the 10 worst used cars to buy. Can't remember who published it but is one one of the big named companies like edmunds or kbb. Reasons stated were pretty much the same as this article.

I actually enjoyed reading this article. How many other 25 year old motors from low production vehicles do you see mentioned in articles like this? Shows that even though these cars have been given negative publicity since day one, they still are around and people like us still have a strong desire to keep them going and modify them.

This thread is like comparing beer. Everyone has their favorite and ones they like and dislike. If everyone built (or drank) the same thing it'd get pretty boring lol. To me if it's fast I don't care what it is I'll respect the hell out of it.

Don't know what you're getting so upset over. Clearly you're the fanboy around here, look at how sad you are throwing attacks. I never said anything negative about any motor, simply stating that Honda makes a fantastic engine. Grow up buddy, Honda makes great motors, get over it.

Look lucyfer, pull ya head out for a sec (ie. if u can manage). What text r u responding to ????

1. I'm not upset. Why would i be ?

2. I a-l-r-e-a-d-y agreed that honda make good motors.... whats 2 'get over' ?

jinx simply speaking to the swap folks getting "beer n pretzel" performance, for "wine and caviar" price.

That is a fact. Doesn't matter how "amazing-fantastic-great" u think the FC20 is, in that context

It gets waxed, from idle to redline, for a fraction of the cost.... from a 1 gran motor not even on that list.

Only a fanboy can see the rationale in that. So live with it

You seem to think that RPMs are for bad motors,

Try reading more, typeing less. I already told u of folks spinning 4ages 10-11000 rpm. Big deal.... or it needs an "H" ?

Honda "high quality engineering" might think so also, as they dialed FC redline back from 9 to 8000. Are they idiots ?

well you should probably take your genius stack of knowledge over to the top racing teams and let them know. Those pathetic fools in Nascar are revving up higher than Honda motors. Indy and F1 are way higher.

Now your age is really showing.

All the while u thought that list was for Nascar/Indy/F1 motors..... and u have a "top racing team" motor under your hood :D

Amusing

FYI. Nascar engines can spin over 10k for a very short time. They usually live in the 8-9.5k range.

Why dont you guys agree to disagree. You can build any motor to make power if you want to spend the $, its all about building what you love and making yourself happy in the process. And using "because racecar" as your reasons for anything is a copout to avoid explaining what your intentions really are/were, and does sound like a civic ricer fanboy statement. The closest thing to a "racecar" around these parts is convettes ride, because he actually takes it to events and qualifies the car for those events and then races it.

BC_99

"because racecar"

That's called a joke, something used to diffuse a situation because I didn't want to walk down the road of internet arguments.

I'm totally a Honda fanboy, that's why I'm here, this is the Honda forum right?

Yeah, here is the problem with sarcasm on the net... it is still just words on a screen. So, without something else with it, to let people know that you are joking or being sarcastic, it just appears to be a statement from butthurt honda guy. No offense was meant by my statement.

BC_99

Those are the kind of modified Honda's that ruin their image.

It's not just the "highly modified" ones. It seems to be a general attitude amongst most of the "Honduh crowd" that I have had contact with.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99