What upgrade gave you the most satisfaction?

ucw458

We've all done work to our cars. But what upgrade/repair gave you the most satisfaction?

I'll start,

I hated my red interior. Throwing all the red stuff in the trash and putting in a complete black interior made me feel so much better about my car.

Mine was shaving the rods and going with forged pistons and light pins. Helps the engine rev so much faster and is easier to keep in the power band with less peddle effort. The mod helps just about any other engine mod to gain more too. The further into the heart of the engine that mods are made, also affects other mods. Most who have crank knife edging, say it really makes a big difference too, but I have never done that.

Good question, that's a tough one since every mod I've done I've seen an improvement and they've complimented each one nicely. So far if I had to choose just one it would be the Stedebani short throw shifter, it drastically improved the driveability of the car.

On the starion definetly my d2s since I had such blown suspension before but my favorite mod of all time was in my sc400 when I got it. The cd changer doesnt work and the radio sounds horrible so I thought the sound system in the car just sucked. Following a tutorial on a lexus website I added an aux cord to the stock radio, the stock system is SWEET now. 10in sub in the back gets really loud if you want, the component speakers also make a good amount of bass, and there are tweeters in the front. I thought I was going to have to buy a 200$ double din just to play my own tunes but for less than 10$ this sound system from the early 90s blows away most aftermarket setups Ive listened to until you spend a lot of money.

If louvers are considered a mod than that might be my all time favorite since I had no idea you could get them until after I bought my car. Always loved the look of louvers on other cars as a kid, they really complete the look of the starion for me.

Standalone ecu, realised how much more safe power you can make on 4 injectors and a proper intake manifold on 15psi compared to 2 injectors, bottle kneck mixer bowl and 25psi lol. It was actually costing me more to run all the extra gadgets to make safe horsepower with the stock ecu.
  • Like 1

well for me was 3 inch exhaust. that made a world of difference in turbo response.

next was the turbo inlet hard pipe and open air filter can.

then the next was the modified exhaust manifold. where the turbo turbine mounts.

just opening that up letting out that exhaust also helped the turbo spool with the 3 inch exhaust