if you had 6 months to a year left . what would be your priorities

Shelby

Best wishes to you Shelby, I hope things get back to normal soon.

I tend to deal with difficult situations with humor, so I hope this doesnt offend you... (since it wasn't a stroke after all)

but this is for you Shelby :)

Glad to hear it wasn't a stroke. I watched my grandmother go through small "mini-strokes" for the last year of her life and debilitate into a wheel chair bound woman who didn't even know who her children and grandchildren were. That is no kind of life, and something I would pray that no one would have to go through. Keep on fighting it man, I know you have it in you.

BC_99

Sounds to me like the doctors don't know whats going on. Live every day like its your last, but don't expect it to end soon. I have a feeling you will be around longer than doctors think.

Steven Hawkings was given 2 years to live when he was 21 years old. He is now 74. Be strong and make sure your family knows how much you love them.

Sounds like a Med issue, who's in charge? You need to find someone to lay them out for you CLEARLY AND DISTINCTLY.

well the first thing i have to do is get some sleep , you do not sleep in a hospital , they make dam sure of that :)

then i can better answer yo guy's questions

oh and every sence i was 6 yr old I have left 2 sets of foot prints in the sand if you get my meaning , I have never been alone :)

Best wishes to you Shelby, I hope things get back to normal soon.

I tend to deal with difficult situations with humor, so I hope this doesnt offend you... (since it wasn't a stroke after all)

but this is for you Shelby :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

LOL sorry to laugh on a thread of this seriousness and important-ness but that song is soooo retarded .where do you come up with this crap bro lol

Shelby, wow I miss a few days... Holy crap... Many prayers to you and your family. Glad it was not a stroke.

youve got a few months before PF. that might get your spirits up to get better so you can get down here.

Family is a priority!!!

guys I have been telling for years I have limited time left , but like my wife you do not listen :)

it's not if i'l be here for PF , I don't see any I can afford the trip with all the expense we have put out the last 6 months

and the dash is still not working on the van

Ah man that's just a median mortality rate for whatever you have. Some go sooner, some go way later. Gould wrote "The Median Isn't the Message" to explain how much statistics suck when it comes to predicting life expectancy. He had received an "8 month's to live" prognosis, and he lived 20 years after that. Just do what you always do. Enjoy those grand kids and family and be content you've had a life well lived and helped a lot of people in a lot of very important ways.

Ah man that's just a median mortality rate for whatever you have. Some go sooner, some go way later. Gould wrote "The Median Isn't the Message" to explain how much statistics suck when it comes to predicting life expectancy. He had received an "8 month's to live" prognosis, and he lived 20 years after that. Just do what you always do. Enjoy those grand kids and family and be content you've had a life well lived and helped a lot of people in a lot of very important ways.

in other words go into the nite knowing you may have never been a great man but a good man you were ;)

and Chip you know me well enough to know i'l never go quietly into the nite

my doc has told me if I can go 30 yrs with what heart I have I should have lived to 150 with a good one lol

it does iriate a little knowing that my gov thinks I'm not worth trying to save just because I don't have a colleage degree , too bad they don't measure worth by IQ :)

in other words go into the nite knowing you may have never been a great man but a good man you were ;)

my doc has told me if I can go 30 yrs with what heart I have I should have lived to 150 with a good one lol

it does iriate a little knowing that my gov thinks I'm not worth trying to save just because I don't have a colleage degree , too bad they don't measure worth by IQ :)

Something like that yeah, and I'm sure that would be pretty irritating. Seems hard to believe.

hard to beleave not really , 70 some thing disabled with a 10th grade education . if that's all the info you go on , spending a large amount of $$ to extend their life, simply would not be worth it to our gov esp knowing the uncovered amount would not be paid

once that young man with only a 10th grade scored in the top 2% out of all the mechanics ever tested on the hardest test ever given to working mechanics across the entire united states , he missed 4 out of 800 questions , I was dam proud of that :)

they later admitted that they were wrong on the answer to 2 of the 4 wrong answers making it 2 out of 800 I actually missed

For what it's worth I think your great. And you have inspired me to be better. I think you are one of the most benevolent people I have ever known.

Edited by jszucs

what in hell does that mean lol

let me point out that the 45 yr old man was greatly diff from the 26 yr old man

the 45 yr old couldn't remember the last time he ate, took a pill or almost any thing else , and was

that way for 4-5 years , but parts of the brain never did connect back , now if I wasn't able to remember that all would have been great but I did remember what I lost