Just rolling along and look what happened

Vnomous1

UPDATE!! JULY 2, 2011

LOOK WHAT I PICKED UP YESTERDAY IN SOUTH CAROLINA. 1988 DURBAN AUTOMATIC, SAME COLOR (NEW PAINT), NO ROOF, BUT ONLY 102K ON THE CLOCK. VERY CLEAN, VERY NICE. "NEEDS" A GOOD TUNE UP, BUT THATS ABOUT IT. YEAH!!!

sEE LINK TO CHECK OUT SOME OTHER PICS: http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Conquest%20TSi%20Durban%20Maroon%20Replacement/

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Conquest%20TSi%20Durban%20Maroon%20Replacement/KGrHqQOKkE3v6Mu14BOBh5pkTkg_12.jpg

Gang,

Last saturday I was just rolling along about 50 to 55 MPH, an IDIOT approaching from the opposite direction decided to make a left hand turn out of the blue..no turn signal, no nothing...and that's just what I could do...nothing, except slam on the brakes, and 1 1/2 year of effort straight down the tubes!! I am glad to be alive, wearing my trusty seat belt saved me from further injury. My chest is still black and blue, my neck and back are tweaked to say the least. I might try to save her, alot of new parts, but my inner self is telling me it's a wrap...she's done. I won't know for sure until I get her torn apart, but that sure is what it looks like. Although the first pic doesn't show it, I recently had the hood, roof and rear spoiler painted and she was looking real good. Now look at her, what a waste.

I had the insurance company have her brought "home", so she is in the garage waiting for the adjustor to come this Monday. The company that towed her seemed pissed off when I said I was keeping her. The tow dude said "It's totaled, just leave it here". I wanted to punch his face! I bet he was already thinking of selling off the parts! Scum bag!

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Durban%20conquest/P1020150.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Durban%20conquest/P1020683.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Durban%20conquest/P1020682.jpg

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/Vnomous1/1988%20Durban%20conquest/P1020680.jpg

Edited by Vnomous1

Don't be surprised if you really hurt in 2 days, the neck/back injurys usualy take a while to peak. Don't mess arround with that, or you'll likely be injured for life, even if you feel merely "sore" now. If it gets worse, see a Dr. and establish your injury and treatment course early and correctly to minimize the long term effects, and to have chance at appropriate compensation. Take pictures of your bruises, those are worth $$. I'm not suggesting insurance fraud, I'm warning you that you will feel worse later, and take care of yourself and your rights to be compensated for pain and suffering.

My condolances on your loss :mellow:

Oh man. That sucks. I'm so sorry to hear this. Your car looked beautiful beforehand. More and more people are becoming less safe on the road, it's almost not enjoyable to drive anymore for fear of getting killed. Good luck man, and don't let the insurance company try and low-ball you. I got $3500 out of my insurance co. back in 2004 for my car when it got totalled (which wasn't bad). Don't let them screw you.

Don't be surprised if you really hurt in 2 days, the neck/back injurys usualy take a while to peak. Don't mess arround with that, or you'll likely be injured for life, even if you feel merely "sore" now. If it gets worse, see a Dr. and establish your injury and treatment course early and correctly to minimize the long term effects, and to have chance at appropriate compensation. Take pictures of your bruises, those are worth $$. I'm not suggesting insurance fraud, I'm warning you that you will feel worse later, and take care of yourself and your rights to be compensated for pain and suffering.

My condolances on your loss http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif

Thanks chad, and you know it. This happed last Saturday, June 11 and I have been laid up all week. I went to the emergency room right after the accident because the pain was unbearable, and I could not take a full breath. I returned on Monday because the pain was kickin my butt. I have been gathering all the info so when I deal with the adjustor, I will have all my ducks in a row. Trust me, I plan on getting compensated for my loss. i have been researching this type of accident and don't think I need a attorney. I would be giving away 1/3 of my money for things I could do myself. I am not signing anything until I feel I have been fair compensated. Thanks for hte advice.

Oh man. That sucks. I'm so sorry to hear this. Your car looked beautiful beforehand. More and more people are becoming less safe on the road, it's almost not enjoyable to drive anymore for fear of getting killed. Good luck man, and don't let the insurance company try and low-ball you. I got $3500 out of my insurance co. back in 2004 for my car when it got totalled (which wasn't bad). Don't let them screw you.

Thanks Coke, I plan not to.

Man i'm sorry to hear this....

Lawyer UP!!!! I was hit from the rear in 09' There were conquests for sale on Autotrader at the time for 10k... I got almost 6k for my car...but it was a complete pain in the tail....

If I ever get in another wreck I will lawyer up in a minute...Not for "more" money but just to get it over with and save me the headache.

Really really sorry to see that that happened to you. I just posting a rant amount me not being able to fix issues. I guess its true that somebody always has it worse...

I hope it all goes well. It was that person's fault and they probably have no idea the amount of work it took to get that car to where it was. Don't back down against them for a second.

The fender apron and the radiator support isn't hard to change but if the upper/lower frame rails wrinkled that's must more work to replace them. The box where the upper rail meets the windshield was made to wrinkle and so is the lower rail where it curves under the firewall.

Got two no rust really nice cars here just like that but on the right side, one has a new engine in it.

You can fix it, its just a car just glad you aren't broken. There's a point you reach when you don't get upset when something like this happens I can't say what triggers it but things like this don't upset me any longer. If someone drives in my yard yes but if I'm in an accident I'm just glad the people are all ok the rest can be replaced or fixed.

if NC is like CA, it's gonna be determined that it was your fault, since you crashed in to the other driver (implying that you were following too close)

your car was really nice man, maybe you could build a partial tube chassis for the front? hate to see so much good car go to waste.