Where have I been the last week and a half.........

UlrichWolf

I probably should have made mention of this long before now, because we practically ARE family. Some of you did know, but at my behest, said nothing.

About a year ago, just before 2009 Nationals, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. Before ever being diagnosed, she had determined that chemotherapy was simply not for her, after all, we watched that play out for my stepdad in 1992, and nothing had really changed since.

Well, there was some sort of new experimental thing going, and she got in on it. And things went well, very well. They had managed to knock it down to the point where they were just doing radiation treatments. It was looking very good.

Then, I suppose around March, or April, she'd gone in for tests, and they found that this stuff had just EXPLODED. It was everywhere. Lungs, lymph glands, brain, all over the place. We decided to have one last family vacation, and my mom and sister flew up here, and we drove all through the Ozark Mountains, and honestly, had a really great time.

The hard part for me was watching them get back on the plane, because I knew that was the last time I'd see my mom.

But it looked promising. She always sounded great on the phone, and I decided to go visit for Labor Day. I'd bought a plane ticket, and arranged to borrow a pickup truck from a close friend, and everything was all set. Till last week.

My sister called me up last Wednesday, and said they'd gone to the hospital for some minor breathing problems, didn't seem like a big deal. That was at 9:00 in the morning. She called 45 minutes later to let me know that my mom had passed, and I got in the car immediately, and drove to Texas.

I just got back Friday night. But there you have it, that's what has been up.

Tim

Tim, you have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. It is good to hear that y'all had one last get together with the vacation. That is more than a lot of families have a chance to do with a death in the family. If you need anything or someone to talk to, give me a call.

Jimmy

Sorry for the loss. I know, as well as others I'm sure, that all the preparedness for a loss in the world, it still hurts.

My condolences out to you.

Tim, my deepest and honest sympathy to you sir and your family. Losing a parent is one the hardest process in life. Having lost my father to cancer a year ago as well, I sympathize with your loss and sorrow.

My best advice is to keep yourself involved with family and friends. Talk about it with those you trust, it really does help to ge things off your chest. I didn't realize how messed up I was until I started actually talking to family and friends.

Keep yourself busy and keep close to those you love.

I'm sorry for your loss, its something that you can never be ready for.

Maybe you can take some solace in that she fought it in the way she wanted so that her quality of life didn't suffer.