For the people who know me well

Truth

I am happy to say that I am done with working at a grocery store. I've been there six long years, and I've been trying to get out for the last three. Thursday will be my last day, and since i've told them last week, they have been really agitating me, giving me useless busy work, and trying to make my life a hell. I've been doing my work with a smile the WHOLE time just to make them mad. We have a manager who likes to try to rile you up with EVERYTHING he says, and it just pisses him off that he can't make me mad. If they do start getting under my skin bad enough, it would be a shame... partly because i'm responsible for all dairy, milk, ice cream, and egg orders. It would be a shame if i cancelled the milk and egg orders all week before i left. LOL! I'm not normally that vengeful, but If you had to work here that long, you'd start harboring ill will towards these people.

At any rate, i'll be working for Prestige Wine Distributors. I'll be delivering wine to restaurants, clubs, grocery stores (ironically enough), and other places. I'll be getting a small raise now, then another in 90 days... but i'll be Monday through Friday and get paid every week, as opposed to now, where i get paid every two weeks... which means, lower tax bracket. That, and my current job is 12 miles from the house whereas this one is 4 miles. All that, on top of my schedule. 5am-1pm... did i mention it's Monday through Friday? I won't have to work weekends ANY MORE!!! Which means i'll be making it to a lot more meets i hope. I'll be trying to work my way into sales because they get paid a lot better, and they work under 40 hours a week... so i might actually have time to enjoy life.

Sorry for the rambling, but for the people on here who are close to me, they will understand that i am experiencing a small personal victory here. I'm finally out of a dead-end job and into a potential career. I get free wine too... which i hate, but if it's free, i'll drink it! Thanks for reading... I start on July 28.

Which brings me to this... i'm leaving either Thursday or Friday, and i'm going on a road trip to an undetermined destination. I have considered Clearwater, Cleveland, Nashville, St. Louis... or getting some more tattoos, but if anyone suggests a cool place within decent driving distance, i'll consider it. man, i am really rambling. sorry... carry on everyone!

I am happy to say that I am done with working at a grocery store. I've been there six long years, and I've been trying to get out for the last three. Thursday will be my last day, and since i've told them last week, they have been really agitating me, giving me useless busy work, and trying to make my life a hell. I've been doing my work with a smile the WHOLE time just to make them mad. We have a manager who likes to try to rile you up with EVERYTHING he says, and it just pisses him off that he can't make me mad. If they do start getting under my skin bad enough, it would be a shame... partly because i'm responsible for all dairy, milk, ice cream, and egg orders. It would be a shame if i cancelled the milk and egg orders all week before i left. LOL! I'm not normally that vengeful, but If you had to work here that long, you'd start harboring ill will towards these people.

At any rate, i'll be working for Prestige Wine Distributors. I'll be delivering wine to restaurants, clubs, grocery stores (ironically enough), and other places. I'll be getting a small raise now, then another in 90 days... but i'll be Monday through Friday and get paid every week, as opposed to now, where i get paid every two weeks... which means, lower tax bracket. That, and my current job is 12 miles from the house whereas this one is 4 miles. All that, on top of my schedule. 5am-1pm... did i mention it's Monday through Friday? I won't have to work weekends ANY MORE!!! Which means i'll be making it to a lot more meets i hope. I'll be trying to work my way into sales because they get paid a lot better, and they work under 40 hours a week... so i might actually have time to enjoy life.

Sorry for the rambling, but for the people on here who are close to me, they will understand that i am experiencing a small personal victory here. I'm finally out of a dead-end job and into a potential career. I get free wine too... which i hate, but if it's free, i'll drink it! Thanks for reading... I start on July 28.

Which brings me to this... i'm leaving either Thursday or Friday, and i'm going on a road trip to an undetermined destination. I have considered Clearwater, Cleveland, Nashville, St. Louis... or getting some more tattoos, but if anyone suggests a cool place within decent driving distance, i'll consider it. man, i am really rambling. sorry... carry on everyone!

Good luck to you! sounds like a good move. if your travels brings you to Youngstown ohio, look Me up.!

Dad

dude freaking AWESOME!

Those are pretty nice hours too ( as in you can still do a lot more with your day ) - nothing too bad with a 40 hour work week though - but I know how you feel.

Also I love being paid once a week as opposed to every 2 weeks. It gives you something to look forward to.

Wine isn't that bad at all once you find out what suites your taste more. Freebies? Time to go romance some ladies AJ ;)

I used to have the same job you did. The dairy/frozen manager was out on sick leave. They asked me to fill in for him for a week. I did, and three months later I was still doing it. I asked my manager if I could have a raise since I was doing a managers job. He looked at me and laughingly said, "The only way your going to get a raise is when minimum wage goes up again." That was my last day working there. I handed him my name tag after he said that and walked out the door, never went back.

Congrats on the move.

I'd suggest Chattanooga. It sucks to live here since good jobs are scarce, but there is all kinds of touristy things to do.

Kane

it's my wine in a box!! <----AJ's new song

Congrats bro, I remember working in the dairy at a grocery store. Hated it. I have a friend who delivers water for Tyler Mountain and gets paid pretty well.

Hope it all works out for you!

PS: You should totally come to the Huntsville, Alabama area, I'm sure Brandon, Minagera and Dave will agree!!

it's my wine in a box!!

LOL... a remake of the SNL version??

Yes... as RustyTurbo said, no more Chad Vader - Dayshift Manager holding you back!!

I hate wine too... can't mix it with anything either.

-Robert

I'm glad you are making a change and wish you well.

If you come to St. Louis, let me know.

We will be out of town this and next weekend though.

We will be up in Chicago area.

I assume by your post it will be this weekend.

If you come to St. Louis, don't forget to stop by the Schlafly tap room.

http://www.schlafly.com/

thanks for the congrats everyone, i really do appreciate it. it's been a long time coming. and yes Edde, i'll be driving a box truck which honestly isn't much bigger than most passenger trucks nowadays. it's just going to be a blast to have weekends off.

HAve you taken a freash look at Food Lion lately?

LOL

It's not easy work but it is better than a beer truck IMO. Just beware of flipping your load -they usually just use one of those tension bars to secure the load between stops. Combine the wrong stoplight on the wrong hill with a snappy clutch and it can get ugly.

Good going though, weekends off RULES.

Congrats, A.J. You did the right thing by not burning any bridges with FL. You never know when you might need them for a reference, and 6 years at one place is impressive. I worked at Little Caesar's for 10 years and 1 day. That's about how long it took me to get out of college... +/- a few weeks ;)

Ken B.

i don't know what you're talking aboutl i currently hand every atlantic blue and yellow Starquest their behinds on a regular basis!