Mookeeh 101propose MK1

questnc

1. Not returning emails is well documented, standard, operating procedure for this vendor.

2. Unwillingness to place Two items into One box cuts into the profit gleaned from the markup of UPS rates.

3. SOLD AS IS. WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.

* I am pleased that he has clearly stated his position on the quality of these CHINESE PARTS.

** If you send money, to a person who will not put two items into one box, or consistently answer emails, and sells CHINESE PARTS, SOLD AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTY, NO ADDRESS, AND NO TELEPHONE NUMBER ..... Good Luck, Brave Soul.

*** pm for details of my dealings with this entity.

You were given plenty of time to return your defective part and chose not to. You had months to take advantage of the recall and you didn't. Stop your crying. It's not his fault it's yours.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop your crying. It's not his fault it's yours.

While I am certain you can't imagine my level of interest in your, obviously street acquired, therapy skills(Didn't Schultz parody you in Peanuts?). I would be measurably interested in what you think of:

1. No Combine Shipping (and don't dwell on the broken English, at least I wouldn't, after reading your posts).

Thanks, Jody

P.S. It doesn't really cost $30.00 to ship a 2 lb box according to UPS.com. Just an unrelated aside to get you started.

While I am certain you can't imagine my level of interest in your, obviously street acquired, therapy skills(Didn't Schultz parody you in Peanuts?). I would be measurably interested in what you think of:

1. No Combine Shipping (and don't dwell on the broken English, at least I wouldn't, after reading your posts).

Thanks, Jody

P.S. It doesn't really cost $30.00 to ship a 2 lb box according to UPS.com. Just an unrelated aside to get you started.

Attempting to insult me wont validate your argument. Try again.

Attempting to insult me wont validate your argument. Try again.

Fair enough. Civility it shall be. I have posted negative feedback for MK1, Mookeh, 101 Propose, in the feedback forum, with the invitation to take additional comments to a more appropriate area.

You did not/could not/would not go along with this suggestion, and posted a comment directed towards me thereby earning the comment directed towards you.

As for my argument with MK1, Mookeh, 101 Propose, I will answer any questions you may have of me. In a more suitable locale.

The Feedback Forum post, as well as my Header post, as well as... well they all can stand on their own logic. If you can find issue with this logic, PLEASE tell me where I have went astray. If you have a personal comment, I will get to you as soon as I can; I think that these types of exchanges can be enjoyable, but,alas I have other demands upon my time.

As for the "try again" remark, you may consider my silence on this matter an act of goodwill towards another starquester.

Thanks, Jody

Fair enough. Civility it shall be. I have posted negative feedback for MK1, Mookeh, 101 Propose, in the feedback forum, with the invitation to take additional comments to a more appropriate area.

You did not/could not/would not go along with this suggestion, and posted a comment directed towards me thereby earning the comment directed towards you.

As for my argument with MK1, Mookeh, 101 Propose, I will answer any questions you may have of me. In a more suitable locale.

The Feedback Forum post, as well as my Header post, as well as... well they all can stand on their own logic. If you can find issue with this logic, PLEASE tell me where I have went astray. If you have a personal comment, I will get to you as soon as I can; I think that these types of exchanges can be enjoyable, but,alas I have other demands upon my time.

As for the "try again" remark, you may consider my silence on this matter an act of goodwill towards another starquester.

Thanks, Jody

Funny but I bet silence is exactly what you were hoping for. We all saw the MK1 is leaving thread where you tried to bash him and he posted emails and PMs to prove he offered you a recall and you didn't bother to take it. Now that he has left this site to only sell on ebay you figure you can bash him and no one will call you on it. Shame on you. You come on here in an attempt to discredit him because you don't like the way that transaction panned out. So you bring up PMS and shipping practices.

1 Many Ebay sellers WILL NOT combine shipping.

2 Many ebay sellers put in a flat rate for shipping costs instead of calculated shipping for each customer. A small markup in shipping is a small price to pay for good parts you can't get anywhere else.

3 emailing through ebay always got a response. PMs here filled his inbox and he could spend days just answering all the repeat questions. It's not like he was logged into SQC all day long just waiting for someone to PM him.

3 emailing through ebay always got a response. PMs here filled his inbox and he could spend days just answering all the repeat questions. It's not like he was logged into SQC all day long just waiting for someone to PM him.

Kind sir, please let us move this to a more appropriate area. It is refreshing, in a sadistic fashion I suppose, to see that you aacknowledge:

1. " He utilizes a 'small markup' on shipping". I will put a number to this "small markup" in another area.

2. You somehow know that I did send a request to return the header, within the prescribed time; to the same p.m. box that MK1 used to accept the header order. Kudos.

3. And that leaves us with the QUALITY DICUSSION.

ANOTHER FORUM PLEASE.... Jody

It seems kind of hit and miss for me with 101propose/mookeh - I bought one of the "blem" front strut tower bars from ebay, and it was pretty nice. Fit well and was wrapped with lots of bubble wrap. The "blem" appeared to be a couple of scratches on the bar, but I don't care about that.

I ordered a hard pipe (turbo compressor outlet to intercooler), and it was just plopped into the USPS box, wrapped only in a shipping envelope. Fitment was a bit off as well - will probably have to cut it a bit to make it fit better.

• 3 months later...

1. Not returning emails is well documented, standard, operating procedure for this vendor.

2. Unwillingness to place Two items into One box cuts into the profit gleaned from the markup of UPS rates.

3. SOLD AS IS. WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.

* I am pleased that he has clearly stated his position on the quality of these CHINESE PARTS.

** If you send money, to a person who will not put two items into one box, or consistently answer emails, and sells CHINESE PARTS, SOLD AS IS, WITH NO WARRANTY, NO ADDRESS, AND NO TELEPHONE NUMBER ..... Good Luck, Brave Soul.

*** pm for details of my dealings with this entity.

Vendors can ship however they need to. Sometimes parts are already boxed to ship, sometimes not, but it a courtesy to combine, not something to expect. Is it a shock that people are in business to make money? This isn't a Starion charity.

I don't know if you are new to tuning cars, but no performance part is EVER warrantied. It's unheard of.

I have almost every Starion part 101 propose makes, all are excellent quality. If there was ever even a question, 101 has always been good to respond. He sells out of eBay, not just on the Starion forum, keep in mind he makes parts for dozens of cars, do you think he's all over 20 forums? Get real, contact him through eBay if you can't get a PM into his inbox.

Feel free to purchase your Starion parts from all of the other vendors who make them in the US... You bought the Mookeeh manifold because you didn't want to shell out the money for the Top End manifold, then you want to complain about it when you should have just sent an email.. And this "chinese" nonsense is funny, half the things you own are Chinese made.

Figure I will take the time to say what a great experience I have had with 101. EXCELLENT VENDOR.

I currently own his:

3" 304 SS Exhaust system (complete)

EL guage kit

CF hood

CF wing

CF airdam

Hardpipe kit with BOV

rear camber plates

a few other things I can't remember.

Everything I have bought is great quality. 101 sold me the hood for $100 off because I bought the airdam a few weeks prior. The pricing on the Carbon Fiber parts was ridiculously low, and the quality is excellent. All were shipped rapidly. He has a whole catalog of parts developed for this car, not something many vendors will do, especially when dealing with picky, cheap, Starion owners (you know it's true).

Look for his store on eBay.

Edited by Fuze

101 Propose, Mookeh, MK1,

is currently marketing a KNOWN, FAULTY, header on e-bay. He is marketing this, previously recalled, header as a "blem".

Anyone who is familiar with this header can attest to its intrinsic faults.

Fortunately, this type of marketing speaks clear, volumes about this vendors integrity.

As a bonus, those entities who defend these transactions, can be clearly, and accurately, categorized as well.

Independent research on this current, and relevant topic, is easily obtained, with product photographs, etc,.

Not only was this clearly defective header marketed once, but it has been remarketed as a "Blem".

Got to back Jody1 up here , this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than a "blem" , any Starion or Conquest owner not aware of its flaws and not on any website may buy these .

Mookeh should do the right thing and scrap them all and not try and flaunt the remaining on any unsuspecting owner or perhaps pass one on to someone else willing to copy what is a very nice looking header in a material up to the task , c'mon Mookeh , this aint cool dude ! .

I have mixed feelings about it. I've had good luck with all of the small stuff I bought but the air dam was a pain. It was full of small cracks that kept coming through the primer and had to be layered and sanded until they filled and the fitment was not very good. Finished product looks good but if you look close on both sides you can see the side "fins" don't meet the fender the same way. If I had to do it again I would shell out the extra 100 and get a factory one that's gelcoated. I spent more than that on primer and time trying to get the cracks filled.

For anyone else who bought one you can fill the lower lip with Great Stuff yellow window foam ( blue can it doesn't expand as much as the others) to keep it from pinching and cracking the paint. Don't overfill because if you have to trim the foam you will cut off the "skin" and it will absorb water.

Truthfully i was in on the initial purchase of the ss header, and it cracked the first time i boosted the engine. Now Mind you It took me aq additional 6 months to finaly start the car after buying the header (was doing a complete restore) And even after it was out of the new warrenty he graced us with he still took it back and repaired it for me. I have purchased a lot of parts from 101 over the years without a single failure. So Really 1 out of a 100 is still pretty good for a custom fab guy.

• 2 months later...

I've bought shocks, OVHP, Intercooler piping kit, roll center adjusters, short throw shifter and probably a few others that I'm forgetting and have had 0 problems with any. I even hit something in the road that scratched one of my shocks shortly after I installed it and 101 sold me another at a reduced price. He has combined shipping for me on several items. Accurate descriptions with good quality product and excellent fitment. Couldn't ask for better and have yet to get better from any other "Quest" vendor.

Thanks 101,

Excellent Seller and it's a shame we don't get the website discount anymore.

Q4Q

• 2 weeks later...
i just bought that rear strut bar from 101 (mookeeh) and it was the 'BLEM' one and it only had a few minor scratches and it had a mild FITMENT issue but easily fixed. i also bought the EGR blockoff plate but i did have an issue with that part. it was a little rough and would workout better as key chain. in the description he does not say that you need to get SMALLER bolts for it to fit due to the orig bolts beeing too long. i found this out AFTER i tore my car apart installing it .thats my only problem. i wish he would list the small details like that. overall good deal

• 1 month later...
shipping has been super fast and his products are of excellent quality! Got sway bars, camber plates, and a bushing set...no problems here.. Edited by pigpen

• 3 months later...

Purchased the short shifter kit and poly bushing kit from his website http://starionpartsfactory.com . Shipping was VERY quick considering it had to go completely across the country. The short shifter kit looked to be very good in quality and has already been installed. The shifter installed very easy per the included instructions.

The bushing kit has not yet been installed but it looked to be great quality also.

Great experience with this vendor and I look forward to purchasing from again.

--Eric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

well instead of figuring out why my package was never shipped from his house he decides to just refund my money instead and claim it was just lost in the mail, i've had many other packages ship just fine, the tracking info showed

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1288 8230 0072 5062 18

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 22, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later

Edited by importwarrior

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Ordered the Mk1 front camber plates and adjustable mr2 inserts. One of the adjustment knobs broke during shipping. He has been very helpful and was willing to exhange out the shock if it wasnt repairable. He is shipping a new adjustment knob free of charge.

I would say a good guy to deal with. Also i ordered the fiberglass reproduction air dam about 4 years ago and it has held up very well over the years. Good quality parts and service.