What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

Cleaned the engine and tranny off trying to find source of oil leak. Found some peeling paint from brake fluid on frame rail must be recent because no rust yet, cleaned that of and repainted. Pondering if I should rebuild my auto or do manual swap. My auto is slipping :(.

Nice, If you do decide to swap to 5 speed, Read this, it will make your life soooo much easier.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57557

Oh, and I just parted out a 5 speed car, so I think I have just about everything you would need for a swap if you are interested.

BC_99

I noted the advance of the malignancy on my pass side rear a little bit better. The car I was working on instead was parked right close :lol:

Any day now I'll be on it again tho ;)

you could rebuild it, and have you tried adjusting the bands

rebuilding is easier then you think

a real kick for an auto car is a 3:90 rear gear ;)

Is the band just under the control valve body? Does the whole tranny need to be taken out to adjust it?

I drove the quest to work, and a few of my coworkers were blown away by it. One guy asked me if it had paddle shifters, and I had to tell him no, it was a plain ol 5 speed :lol:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/fijiphil/redquest_zpsb2625367.jpg

I swear its red and not pink.. dont mind the camera on my phone lol

put in a front window sun blocker so the front seats don't melt.

waiting for parts to show before doing any more. I got so many parts

but for different areas of the car. I was trying to tackle one thing

at a time but when certain deals come along you have to get them while

you can. so I have to start trying to complete one project at a time.

next is turbo and down pipe. then struts, then steering pump and

gear box and power steering hoses. etc... etc... etc...

Edited by importwarrior

put starter in......changed diss to 87 diss and now she is firing on injectors....(.diss was worn out.,,, 200 000 on clock)..Put oil in trans and found out trans rear seal is leaking!!!! Took off clutch slave CYL and nut fell out from inside cyl boot!!!!!!!!! using to make rod longer!!!........he must have been an ENGINEER ........fixing ....fixing ..fixing. .oooo and cleaning......when will it ever stop............. Edited by markhansenconquest

Took spare steering box and PS pump out of the drawer in the garage, contemplated jacking up the car and starting to pull the old stuff, closed the drawer and decided to drink some beer and chill in the hammock instead.

And somewhere out there, a bunch of SQ owners have made there keyboards all sticky! LOL

Good work man.

Ok I must be missing something... I got linked to a vid of MJ's smooth criminal...???

Oh and I watched the rain fall on the quests...