What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

sucked out what seemed like a full tank of varnish (I mean gas) outta the tank. GOD THAT STUFF STINKS

• 2 weeks later...
Cleaned out the inside of the tank and flushed w/water...dried and soldered the tube for the bowl inside. cleaned up some ruts on it and painted the top and undercoated the bottom.

Well this isn't really what I did Today. But here it goes.

2 weeks ago, re-wired the fusible links as they were burnt out plus some of the loom. Also there was no fuse between the alternator and the battery.

1 week ago got the Funk Lock installed.

Last night finished rebuilding the TBI.

Tonight? Firing her up again to make sure the TBI rebuild went well.

Found out 86 starter solenoid sticks sometimes and blows ECI fuse link....putting in my 87 starter tonight. .Been looking for 86 AIT senser for 2 weeks and found it on rockauto....Took out starter and had to remove clutch slave cyl .. Nut fell out from Inside slave cyl boot!!! was inside cyl to make rod longer !!!!!??? The motor is 89 and car is 86 and don't know what year clutch is in car??I know there is a different rod for 86-87 compared to 88-89....I don't know how someone could drive this car with fixes like that!!!!!!!!!!! The more I clean the more I find out what is wrong....SUPRISE,,,,SUPRISE,,,SUPRISE.......Everyday I find poor fixes on everything.....

How did you mount and secure your radiator?

Havnet yet. Been busy with work but ill use the upper mounts and drill holes for the tabs on the rad

1238262_4214082206925_9202609968566072749_n.jpg

yesterday, replaced a missing front brake pad retainer. charged battery. alternator pulley separated from crankshaft pulley unit so on went the MK1. cleaned fuse link connections. replaced belts with gates green stripes. tightened loose exhaust bolt. cleaned and oiled k&n air filter. overtightened another clamp bolt so replaced a t-bolt clamp lol.

averse what clutch did u go with ???

did u pick up that car??

After speaking with Jonboyb I decided to try out the Competition Clutch stage 4 ceramic and 15lb flywheel. It's been an adjustment learning the new clutch because it's so much softer and engages quicker.

I did get the car from John in San Diego, along with several extra parts. The engine is rusted pretty thoroughly and will need a complete rebuild I think. Car appears to have been in an accident in back, based on the damage that includes missing half of the bumper on the passenger side. Having some fun with it before Sam and I salvage good parts off of it to keep our cars running though:

Fleckstone link!

Washed it, waxed it, hit the road did a buck twenty on the 118 fwy, saw temp needle creeping up and backed off til I got to my destination, a Mustang Club car show. Tried to sneak it in as 80's Mustang but those guys actually know what Mustangs look like. LOL Edited by louswheel01

Cleaned the engine and tranny off trying to find source of oil leak. Found some peeling paint from brake fluid on frame rail must be recent because no rust yet, cleaned that of and repainted. Pondering if I should rebuild my auto or do manual swap. My auto is slipping :(.