PQ has passed away

Shelby

So sad. He seemed to have so much energy .

He will be missed.

What was his full name?

That would be Wayne Wike. He's been sick for a while, and his condition worsened over the last year. Many PM's were exchanged between us, he was a trip to talk to. He's in a better place now, RIP Wayne.

Zack K.

Hopefully he went peacefully and my sincerest condolences to his family. Prayers sent to his family.

Love'em or Hate'em he knew quite a bit. He was abrasive sure, but he also did more than most for this community. Every time we turn that key we are in some measure indebted to Wayne. Truly saddening news.

• Like 1

Maybe we should have a meet to remember him? I didnt ever talk to the guy but his s.o.s manuals have definitely helped me out with my car as well as other cars. The principals and issues he covered in his write ups can be applied to a lot of vehicles.

Hopefully he went peacefully and my sincerest condolences to his family. Prayers sent to his family.

Love'em or Hate'em he knew quite a bit. He was abrasive sure, but he also did more than most for this community. Every time we turn that key we are in some measure indebted to Wayne. Truly saddening news.

Well put, his ego would have loved that. Maybe a bit raw, but Wayne was always a straight shooter with me.

Wish we would have known this when it happened. I think at least an SQC flower bouquet would have been appropriate.

R.I.P. Wayne Wike

He will be missed he did alot of good work and documented it for others.

Should we be worried about sos manuals going down from the website not being paid for?

No sir. I have Wayne's permission to copy his work should the need arise.

Just so there is no controversy, I have this permission documented via email.

Edited by NikoFab

As others have stated Wayne had been ill for some time , his SOS manuals are a excellent source of information for us all and thankful he took the time to put it together .R.I.P. P.Q :( Edited by SOTTY

No sir. I have Wayne's permission to copy his work should the need arise.

Just so there is no controversy, I have this permission documented via email.

The SOS manuals were saved with all pics intact and posted a few years ago.

While I was far from a fan of PQ, I am sad to hear he passed. I hope his legacy of the SOS manual lives on instead of some of his other attributes. He was extremely knowledgeable about the cars. I saved all of the SOS manuals years ago, so if anyone is putting it back together and is missing something, let me know.

We all have quirks. Was one of the first people I meet around here and he rightly steared me away from TEP (which was about the only people listing parts for the car at the time)

I know at some point there was some beef and pettyness around the manuals.......... but this really makes you think don't it? For the short time we are here is it really worth all the drama. If only we could all be working in the same direction, what we could accomplish.

Pettyness and internet bickering aside Thank you Wayne for all you have done for this car and comunity.

many of you haven't been around long enough to know the entire story of Wayne and his SOS , his personality made him a hard person to get along with , :) and his EGO was super sized to say the least .

but I bent over many times for him and put up with more of his crap then any other site on the web

but during all that I have never harbored any ill feeling towards him in fact I was always hopeing he'd come out of some of his ways but he would not , I am saddened by his passing

• Like 1

Thank you for this

I agree, thanks so much Bill.

If it wasn't for this man, my cars wouldn't run.

I try staying clear of drama, so I had nothing but admiration for what he's done for us

I'll be sending the family something.

-N8

-N8

i always respected his point of view. i liked tha fact that he was straight and to the point and didnt hold back. sure, it could rub people the wrong way but he knew his stuff and was always willing to help as long as he knew you were not wasting his time.

sorry to see him go, my prayers are with his family and friends. this is a loss for the community for sure.