Excessive But Effective.

Dave-O

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, cut the self-righteous crap. All of you nay-sayers know damn good and well you MAY have done the same thing if the mood struck you right.

It's only called being human. Now, I know, that for appearances sake, you can't seem like you would ever perish the thought of doing something illegal in public. All the politically correct crap in this country is giving me gout!

Know why I am extra careful when I park my car somewhere?

Because I don't want some pissed off cretin bashing my car for a reason that strikes his fancy. It's called reciprocity, and frankly, if a few more people had their cars dented up, and whatnot, perhaps society would be a little more mindful of its fellow man.

"Oh, man, I picked up a new door ding.......perhaps I shouldn't have parked so close."

You know I am right.

Dave, I don't care about what you did. I actually think it's pretty funny. But even with my diatribe, something tells me that the Astrovan owner will not notice, or care, and thusly, not learn to give people a little space.

Tim

EDIT: Dave, I do care about what you did.......that upper door panel on the Starion really isn't designed for that.

Edited by UlrichWolf

Tim, I'm one of the naysayers on this one. I never have and never will damage someone's ride intentionally. What the van owner did may not have been right, but he did not do any damage to anything. The reciprocation outweighed the wrongness of parking too close to the car in my opinion. What he did was rude, the payback was illegal. There are ways to return the favor that are legal.....change the angles of the mirrors, turn the wiper arms up, even let the air out of 2 of their tires...Very few people carry two spares. The point I'm trying to make is don't do something that will get you in legal trouble over a minor incident. If that happens, the van owner won the pissing contest.

Your friend,

Jimmy

dude, I understand how it feels to enact revenge upon things and people. there are those moments where you just snap. had it been me, i probably would have smashed the window, broke the shifter, put it in neutral and rolled it in to the k-wall.

or just got in my car and drove off. being mildly annoyed for a few minutes.

but, i can relate to the feeling of satisfaction one attains from such pointless acts of 'f-u'

Tim, I'm one of the naysayers on this one. I never have and never will damage someone's ride intentionally. What the van owner did may not have been right, but he did not do any damage to anything. The reciprocation outweighed the wrongness of parking too close to the car in my opinion. What he did was rude, the payback was illegal. There are ways to return the favor that are legal.....change the angles of the mirrors, turn the wiper arms up, even let the air out of 2 of their tires...Very few people carry two spares. The point I'm trying to make is don't do something that will get you in legal trouble over a minor incident. If that happens, the van owner won the pissing contest.

Your friend,

Jimmy

Jimmy, I understand your point, I really do.

But you got to understand mine. I'm not saying I would do the deed personally, but we've all certainly considered it, and acting uppity about it. And that's the general idea, and feeling I get, is that everyone is trying to come off as "above that" or what have you...........legal, not legal......what's the difference? What I am getting at is everyone has sure thunk it, and is acting like the thought had never crossed their minds.

Follow my point?

Tim

Hopefully ol' Earl is wrong about the whole karma thing.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2bo5ki.jpg

Personally, I don't do crap like this because I don't enjoy looking over my shoulder, so to speak, and worrying about my pride and joy sitting out there all alone.

Now you've got to go buy a pager alarm and carry a fire extinguisher around in your pocket so you can run out and rescue her when he retalliates. lol. GL with all that.

Trespass to chattels!

I guess the only thing anyone can be happy about is that the Starion's door was not destroyed. Astro van door's a prob a dime a dozen. As far as the situation? well maybe things are different in the wild west :lol:

Dave-O your sig pic is pretty slick tho.

I must admit I have done similar thngs twice.

Once when I was 16 and parked my freashly painted 65 Mustang at the furthest corner in the walmart lot and came out to find a filthy, faded, paint peeling taurus had parked very close and door dinged my car and chipped my paint. I moved my car and kicked dents in every panel on that POS. It felt like justice to me, not revenge or satisfaction, just reciprication for an obviously intentional act of ignorance.

Second was a few years back at a race track, parked in the competitor lot with my ranger pickup. parked next to a dually and came back out to find the dually moved and a small car was where it was and a brand new silverado was between us, within 4 inches of my door. I did the exact same thing that is being discussed here, then backed out and pulled the mirror off the side of his truck just for good measure. I beat up the edge of my door pretty badly but his was destroyed! Again, justice for an intentional act of stupidity and obvious disreguard for his fellow man. The "I am more important than anyone else and you cant do anything about it" attitude that people drive and park with just really rubs me the wrong way, so I show them that some people WILL do something about it and maybe next time, they will think twice before parking like that. I am not saying I am proud of those actions, but I do feel that by written law I am in the wrong, but by the basic human laws that we should all live by I am justified in my actions. and Yes I would do the same thing again in both situations, consequences be dammed.

Just my thoughts on the subject, right or wrong, its all perspective.

BC_99

I've got collector's insurance, and the van's plate number. I should be all set, should the van owner actually attempt to find me.

In today's society? Doubtful People are too lazy. It's the ones who fight back that run the place. :ph34r:

I've got collector's insurance, and the van's plate number. I should be all set, should the van owner actually attempt to find me.

In today's society? Doubtful People are too lazy. It's the ones who fight back that run the place. :ph34r:

No it's not and you will find that. Hopefuly you find it out before it bites you. I had a guy asult me and I took his block off in 2 hits. one jab to setup my kick and distance him one round house to the head and put him out on his feet. Turned into a major issue for me. I have a friend doing time in jail now because he wired his airbag to the stock ignition switch so if you tried shorting the wires (hotwiring) the bag blew up in your face. Well the guy who tried to take it is now retarded from his face being right there and the bag blowing up.

No it's not and you will find that. Hopefuly you find it out before it bites you. I had a guy asult me and I took his block off in 2 hits. one jab to setup my kick and distance him one round house to the head and put him out on his feet. Turned into a major issue for me. I have a friend doing time in jail now because he wired his airbag to the stock ignition switch so if you tried shorting the wires (hotwiring) the bag blew up in your face. Well the guy who tried to take it is now retarded from his face being right there and the bag blowing up.

Holy shi-, I mean that sucks for your buddy but, for what its worth I think he's a genius.. Thats the funniest thing I heard all day, what a great idea. (kinda)

Jimmy, I understand your point, I really do.

But you got to understand mine. I'm not saying I would do the deed personally, but we've all certainly considered it, and acting uppity about it. And that's the general idea, and feeling I get, is that everyone is trying to come off as "above that" or what have you...........legal, not legal......what's the difference? What I am getting at is everyone has sure thunk it, and is acting like the thought had never crossed their minds.

Follow my point?

Tim

There's a huge difference between thinking of doing something like that and actually doing it. I see everyone's point. It all comes down to who has what morals.

For anyone who disagrees, you probably just needed to be there.

Some douche put a small dent in my otherwise dentelss, pristine, civic. I only parallel park at work, I spent 45 minutes with a tape measurer walking around the parking lot trying to determine which car hit me....

None of the cars at the lot had doors high enough to make a dent. If I was to find that car, I wouldnt have done anything to it, but write a letter and get his insurance to cover the damage. I was pretty furious though, its the only scrap/dent/chip on my car (cept for the rear bumper which needs to be replaced/resurfaced)

People need to open their doors slowly, its okay to slightly tape the car next to you if he or you didnt park right, but that's it. and old your door if its windy.

Just so everyone knows I'm not some holier than thou person, I think I can tell this story now since I'm sure the statute of limitations has passed for vandalism.

About 15 years ago I went to a bar one night and parked in one of their main gravel parking lots pretty close to the bar. I was in my 86 GTI, which was pretty much my baby at the time. It had a flawless black finish and was at the car stereo shows every weekend competing. My buddy and I come out to leave about 1am, and there's a big ol ragetty Delta 88 covered in stickers for a radio station, sitting in the spot my car was in, and my car is gone. At first I freaked out, but I knew it couldn't have been stolen, because not only did my alarm have starter kill, but I had a seprate kill switch too. I started to assume it had been towed, and as I was trying to see if I could find disturbed gravel that would indicate a tow truck being there, I realized there were marks in the gravel that looked like a car had been skidded on top of the gravel. I followed the marks towards the back of the lot, and low and behold, there is my car. The dude used his car to push mine to the back of the lot and take my space. I knew it was him, because there were 3 of the same radio station stickes stuck to my car. There was a very small scuff on my back bumper where he pushed my car with his, but after peeling off the stickers, it was mostly fine.

First, I was gonna call the cops since I had a pretty cut and dried case, but realized since it was minimal damage the dude likely wouldn't get in much trouble anyway. About then I realized that dude probably did it because he was hammered when he got there and wasn't thinking too clearly. Then I realized that he probably didn't stop drinking after he got in the bar, and I could "help" him get in more trouble than he'd be in if I called the cops. Since the bar was right downtown in a highly lit area I came up with a plan....

Bust out all his lights so when he got into his car drunk and the dash lights came on, he'd think everything was normal. Then he'd drive down the very well lit streets thinking his lights were all on and working and they wouldn't be. Thus, hopefully getting him pulled over for no lights, and then drunk driving.

I dunno if my plan ever worked, but even if it didn't I'm sure all new lights cost a lot more than refinishing my bumper.

It's kindof funny this topic came up, and that someone alreayd talked about that show My Name is Earl.

I don't watch much TV at all, and I don't beleive in Karma but I was fliping chanels and stoped on the chanel the show was on. Earl was talking about his moment of when he realized it wasn't his job to punish others and that it was Karmas job to punish others. I don't know what it was about that but it really struck me.

i went to home depot once while i had my trailer behind me, driving an old 76 f-350 truck with no power steering. knowing i had to leave myself room to get out of the parking lot i parked all the way next to one of the concrete islands and left one space between myself and the island to allow me some turning radius. now the truck and trailer combo is about 35 ft long and it takes up all of 2 spaces end to end so im all the way out away from anyone so i wont bother anyone else--with about 40 spaces between me and the group of cars parked near the entrance of the store. go in, get my stuff and come out and some jack hole is parked between me and the concrete curb. so i decided ok, im in no hurry i can wait a few and maybe hell come out and move and when he does ill give him a piece of my mind. about 25-30 minutes pass and i cant be just sitting here waiting so i start trying to manuever the truck and trailer out without tearing up the car or my truck and trailer. basically, i got it to a good point that i could have made it except for that last about 2 ft. which happened to be where his bumper sat lined up with my trailer tires.i looked around and the more i thought about it the madder i got, soooooo i said screw it and proceeded to pull out, after the trailer tires ran up onto his bumper it proceeded to pull the front bumper cover off the car and flip it around out into the aisle. i just kept going and never heard crap about it. there was no tag on the truck or trailer and the truck is rarely driven, so its not liely to be recognized, but you can bet that dude knows what they did wrong.

i dont believe in screwing up someones ride either but at the same time, people shouldnt do stuff so stupid.

i went to home depot once while i had my trailer behind me, driving an old 76 f-350 truck with no power steering. knowing i had to leave myself room to get out of the parking lot i parked all the way next to one of the concrete islands and left one space between myself and the island to allow me some turning radius. now the truck and trailer combo is about 35 ft long and it takes up all of 2 spaces end to end so im all the way out away from anyone so i wont bother anyone else--with about 40 spaces between me and the group of cars parked near the entrance of the store. go in, get my stuff and come out and some jack hole is parked between me and the concrete curb. so i decided ok, im in no hurry i can wait a few and maybe hell come out and move and when he does ill give him a piece of my mind. about 25-30 minutes pass and i cant be just sitting here waiting so i start trying to manuever the truck and trailer out without tearing up the car or my truck and trailer. basically, i got it to a good point that i could have made it except for that last about 2 ft. which happened to be where his bumper sat lined up with my trailer tires.i looked around and the more i thought about it the madder i got, soooooo i said screw it and proceeded to pull out, after the trailer tires ran up onto his bumper it proceeded to pull the front bumper cover off the car and flip it around out into the aisle. i just kept going and never heard crap about it. there was no tag on the truck or trailer and the truck is rarely driven, so its not liely to be recognized, but you can bet that dude knows what they did wrong.

i dont believe in screwing up someones ride either but at the same time, people shouldnt do stuff so stupid.

Well I personally have never messed with someones ride maliciously. I have thought about it and I have pulled pranks. ATF in the exhaust makes wonderful smoke. ;)

The person who parked next to you could have been an employee. I've seen lots of store employees park away from everyone to avoid damage. One easy thing to do would be to take down the make model and licence plate and have them paged in the store.

Employee or not, dont park next to a freakin truck with a trailer! Use common sense.

People tend to think that they can use their cars to block someone from diving out and that the other person wouldn't dare touch your car. WRONG!

im going to have to agree with you Dave-O. i would have done the same thing and will do the same thing if the situation ever arises. i would NEVER set out to intentionally damage or steal someone elses property but i have found the insurance claim bs is way too frustrating for a door ding. it will simply be an eye for an eye. instant justice. regardless of their intentions, if they damage my car they will get the same in return and probably a little more for punitive damages ;)

it really gets old being one of the few that seems to respect other peoples property. the lazy mf'ers that cant put their cart back in the corral, the people with big trucks who park on top of your car, people who park too close... ive got no patients for any of them. and anyone talking guns is just out of their mind. dents in a car are NEVER a reason for pulling a gun.

Well I personally have never messed with someones ride maliciously. I have thought about it and I have pulled pranks. ATF in the exhaust makes wonderful smoke. ;)

The person who parked next to you could have been an employee. I've seen lots of store employees park away from everyone to avoid damage. One easy thing to do would be to take down the make model and licence plate and have them paged in the store.

Haha... ATF hmmm...

Most stores around here won't even page people if they left their lights on for "security reasons".

-Robert

Holy shi-, I mean that sucks for your buddy but, for what its worth I think he's a genius.. Thats the funniest thing I heard all day, what a great idea. (kinda)

I bet he thought it was a great idea too till he finds himself in the jail shower and drops the soap.

yea but i would expect a home depot employee to be smarter than parking next to a truck with a trailer. after all, there are lots of trucks and trailers in and out of home depot. if they are dumb enough to park next to me, they get what they deserve. call it a life lesson.