I'm done with the G54B

questsale

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but.. You can go on ebay and find a oil pump. Not that difficult to find. I cannot tell the future but do you for see them not making oil pumps or something?

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but.. You can go on ebay and find a oil pump. Not that difficult to find. I cannot tell the future but do you for see them not making oil pumps or something?

ever built a mpi 2.6 Brian ? I'm 6 grand into one just now with a full engine build and still spending , o.e.m Mitsubishi oil pumps are n/a now as are other items , if these guys want to swap a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine into a Sq which means it gets em back on the road rather than parted then more power to them. Edited by SOTTY

Built a few. Never had a issue finding a oil pump. I know it's rated g here but let's have a mature convo plz .

I'm not saying it's bad to swap . I'm saying there's not gonna be anything to swap into . But. Can not for see things in the future as good as you Scotty apparently.

You are awesome no doubt. I'll say much love since my way of thinking ,to you ..is so far off.

Keep on spoolin brother peace out

I got a v8 swap in my future is all I can see

Edited by G54Bstore

Built a few. Never had a issue finding a oil pump. I know it's rated g here but let's have a mature convo plz .

I'm not saying it's bad to swap . I'm saying there's not gonna be anything to swap into . But. Can not for see things in the future as good as you Scotty apparently.

You are awesome no doubt. I'll say much love since my way of thinking ,to you ..is so far off.

Keep on spoolin brother peace out

I got a v8 swap in my future is all I can see

I have no idea what your talking about dude so i'm putting a call I to Pancake bunny
  • Like 2

I have no idea what your talking about dude so i'm putting a call I to Pancake bunny

Lmafo at least you didn't have to edit that one buddy

2waygayz swaps are people who cant keep a g54 running correctly.

I can make 500-600hp and still drive anywhere I want. Its not rocket science here..

Yea right thats bs. I have two 2jz swapped cats and 3 perfectly modded running g54b. You have obviously never driven a jz. Lol

V8's are gay dood bow arw you going to hate on swapping a sq and keeping it to its roots (inline turbo motor) and say im a red neck v8 woo left turns bud light NASCAR. You can get a jz short block assembled from toyota for 2k and it will hold 1000 or more hp. You can mildly build a v8 for what will be 5k$ if you want 500hp, your argument is invalid and yoir just butt hurt cause your not baller enough to do a jz swap

V8's are gay dood bow arw you going to hate on swapping a sq and keeping it to its roots (inline turbo motor) and say im a red neck v8 woo left turns bud light NASCAR. You can get a jz short block assembled from toyota for 2k and it will hold 1000 or more hp. You can mildly build a v8 for what will be 5k$ if you want 500hp, your argument is invalid and yoir just butt hurt cause your not baller enough to do a jz swap

Lol ?? Who's arguing? Little early to be all lit off bud lights? Lol funny

If I ever do a swap it will be a 4G63 or 6G72. I tend to be a purist and if a swap must be done I'd like to keep it in the Mitsubishi family. Just my preference.

However V8 LS swaps are truly the most bang for your buck. Light weight, good power and cheap replacement parts for decades.

• Like 1

lets not forget that wonderful 4 cam 32 valve Toyota 1uz v8 .

lol, this thread has taken an interesting turn! No matter what its your car, make it what you want it. I'm a fan of the jz and the ls swaps, I think both are great and each has their advantage. The thing they have in common is getting rid of the outdated engines that are getting harder and harder to get parts for while their alternatives are becoming easier, and definitely much cheaper. As far as the rest of the cars serviceability goes (windshields, chasis parts, etc...), yes, those are getting more scarce too, but I don't see where that has any bearing to what powers the vehicles? As long as my car is in one piece I plan on driving it. If I wreck it, I guess I'll have to deal with it just like everyone else... I'm not going to throw in the towel because these cars are getting more scarce, lol, and it certainly isn't going to keep me from upgrading and making the car suit my needs. Is it a huge issue or problem when we put custom suspension, brakes, etc under these cars? I don't see why a few swaps are always such a huge issue, they should be welcome, this is keeping these awesome cars on the roads!

Parts for the whole car are getting hard to find. What I'm thinking is there's not gonna be any of these to swap motors into anyways. It's gonna put a damper on someone's plans when then need a windshield and their are none.

There used to be some in a j yard here and the owner had like 11 of them there and crushed them all.

I haven't seen but 1 in the j yards here since.

only 11 ?

Rollers are still out there , usually the 2.6 is now sadly residing in pieces in the hatch area , any owner who can swing a few extra bucks and has the space to park/store should invest in a parts car or roller.

Rollers are still out there , usually the 2.6 is now sadly residing in pieces in the hatch area , any owner who can swing a few extra bucks and has the space to park/store should invest in a parts car or roller.

You are exactly right my friend

Purists are just closed minded, with an excuse. Really who cares what somebody else swaps in, the G54 is an OK motor for the 1980's but obviously there's way better technology available in newer engines that will outperform it. Going MPI is just making the G54 more like a more modern engine, while keeping a lot of it's weaknesses. Can it hit a high HP number? Sure maybe, at the razor's edge with every possible modification ($$$$). We've all seen Sakura. If that's your mission, go for it.

Does it make sense if you can swap a motor with almost unlimited potential for cheaper, but don't because of some misplaced brand loyalty? Early hot rod guys swapped Caddy motors into EVERYTHING, even (*gasp) Fords. Small Block Chevy's have been swapped into everything. Why? Because they worked better, just like a JZ or UZ works better than a G54. Hell, those are probably the two most reliable motors on the planet.

I do like a 1uz. Im just not. America made car fan i guess. I like starions and toyotas. Thatz about it. Call me closed minded idc. I hate standard sized bolts.i look at a bolt i think metric

Man, you need to stop while you can. I find your comments insulting and judgemental. I respect what you have done with your cars, but your comments about NASCAR and rednecks ect are insulting and very short sighted.

Why, do I feel this way?

Guess what I do for a living....

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/Race%20wins%20and%20other%20Nascar%20stuff/298xRichmondvlane2.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/BC_99/Race%20wins%20and%20other%20Nascar%20stuff/Bowyercharsmokeshow.jpg

And what is that word written on the back bumper cover of that Sprint Cup Series race car???

Yeah....Toyota. There is a lot more to racing in NASCAR than you could ever imagine. Calling me and my peers rednecks is short sighted, rude, and just plain ignorant.

BTW... More Toyotas are built in America than you realize bud.

Get your facts straight before you decide to start grouping people together and labeling them. It can be racially based, culturally based, or picking on someone about their hetero or homo preferences...but it still all bigotry. And when you take those kind of steps, you will usually land on someone's toes.

BC_99

• Like 2

Well said BC. You are also talking to 2jayz who under a different username flipped a car because he didn't set the parking brake and wanted to fill a gas tank up with concrete to get more at the scrap metal yard for it...just consider the source.

Jimmy

4g63 still has the 'other purists' covered. It bats with the best of em. No long 6cyl stuff. Fits like oem

After observing reliable "sucessful" g54 setups over the years.... convinced me to stick with the terd.

400hp & 400 tq from stock long blocks (untouched cyl head except replace tired ol springs). Quick spooling old tech low boost 60-1 + mpi/standalone, makes a fun street ride. Hi 11s capable is still respectable today, for what it is imo

If I were personally locked into several thousand deep to achieve such a build.... I'd bail too

A hx40/pt62/gt35 with the right cam should border on impractical power for street use.... then there is that gearbox, if you actually wanna to use that power. Which would be an ez call for any g54 enthusiast experiencing sucess at this level

• Like 1

To make a 4g63 work vs Jz/lsx/sbf it honestly is more trouble than it's worth. Well if you want to make descent power and not spit parts on the floor. In the early stages I was gonna ditch the 4g63 for a 5.0 and I honestly wish I went ford with a blower. Now mind you I'm a dsm guy too.