no end to stupidness

Shelby

some of you may know I have been having a problem with n my birth cirt , seems I was never

adopted when I was a baby and mny spet fathers name I have used for 70 years is not my legal name , well I have been fighting this for a year and 5 months,, I can't renew my drivers license with

out a proper name and birth date on my record

well this week I finally have my day in court for the judge to make my legal name Brown

turned in a name change partition to the court

well that part he got right BUT the idoit put the wrong birth date on the document making

the papers useless to me ,, I pointed out his mistake when he gave me the papers and you could

see that he realized his mistake on his face but do you think he would correct it . hell no

little over $500 to have the judge screw it up , when I asked him I do I get this corrected ,

'shrug' his answer was , I can't give legal advice :(

why is it so hard to have common sense and an education at the same time :(

to say the least I'm aggravated , frustrated and darn tired of dealing with this and getting no where

Right? What's up with paperwork in this country.

Like I just recently needed a passport and my old one expired for too long. They wouldn't accept my birth certificate as it wasn't real. The one I've used my whole life. Turns out Jersey would give you a birth receipt and you would have to pay for an actual certificate. Then when finally everyone realized this,many went to go buy said certificate, and some clerks would print one out but not on the correct paper and would pocket the transaction fee

Wow Shelby ... that sucks. I feel for you. I guess stating that your Shelby from SQC and have over 41k posts doesn't get you far in court.

When I bought my current DD Tacoma the notary (we have do everything at a notary in PA) screwed up the initial of my middle name ... so now it's registered in the wrong name. Same thing as Shelby, I pointed it out and they shrugged. Said I would have to PAY to get a corrected registration and title. I never did, so it's still wrong .... but ..... when I go to sell the truck down the road I'll have to get it corrected b/c my drivers license won't make the registration / title by one measly letter. Ugh.

I hated buying and selling in PA. Grew up there. You even had to have insurance on the car before going to the notary to transfere the title. now here in TN. the seller signs the back of the title and hands it to you. its yours. and you can hang onto tnat title until youre ready to put it into your name.

Shelby, sorry you have so much crap to put up with

Wow rediculous. Speaking of one letter off...

Being Polish, say a last name ends in ****wski, the female tense makes a girls name ****wska. Had a friend who couldn't get a drivers license for a while cause her polish paper work "technically" had a different last name than her American.

Shelby that sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. On the note of stupidity listen to this

My room mate has a 350z. He paid it off 2 years ago. Title never came in mail etc. Apparently 5/3 bank never sent the lien release to the DMV. We go to the DMV to get a replacement title. No can do. No lien release. He calls the bank and they said it would take 3 days to send a release. Finally it gets sent. Only problem is that it is in his dads name, David the First not David the Second. So another few hours of phone calls etc.

New lien release sent to DMV. We go to get the title and SC DMV doesn't have it. VA does which is where the car originally was purchased. Now he has to go yo VA and prove he is who he says he is to get a new title. Ridiculous

I hated buying and selling in PA. Grew up there. You even had to have insurance on the car before going to the notary to transfere the title. now here in TN. the seller signs the back of the title and hands it to you. its yours. and you can hang onto tnat title until youre ready to put it into your name.

Shelby, sorry you have so much crap to put up with

First time I bought a car from Jersey the guy came outside w/ the title, laid it on the roof of the car, signed it and handed it to me. I was so confused ... i was like - wait, that's it. I honestly thought I was getting scammed - no way it could be that easy. But, that was it. Trailer'd it home and went to a PA notary ... no problems. :lol:

First time I bought a car from Jersey the guy came outside w/ the title, laid it on the roof of the car, signed it and handed it to me. I was so confused ... i was like - wait, that's it. I honestly thought I was getting scammed - no way it could be that easy. But, that was it. Trailer'd it home and went to a PA notary ... no problems. :lol:

be glad he sign'd the tittle in the right spot , writing in the wrong place makes the tittle useless

making the oreg owner have to apply for a replacement tittle and doing it all over again

Found out here in TN if the car is over 10yrs old the DMV doesnt really care what the title looks like.

My insurance co totaled my 92 explorer and told me I had to send pics and money to the state proving I had rebuult it.

the state send me everything back, including my title and check, with a nice letter explaining that they really dont care cause its old.

haha

then I buy this old ninja 250 and the first owner marked that the odometer reading was incorrect. second owner never got it titled in his name. so I call the clerks office and explain that the box was marked by mistake and evdrything is fine. the clerk tells me to get a RED ink pen and circle the marked box real good... and put my initials next to it. By God I got a clean title for it.lol

Good luck to all you guys with title problems and you too Shelby

I bought my first quest w a title that some one had signed it, then marked thru his name as if they decided not to buy it. This voided the tittle and tittle office tells me ive got to have the last owner apply for a new tittle. No such luck w that, seems car had been thru about ten diff owners and no one had tittled it untill me. Try to fi d the previous owner and he was one of the few who gave all in iraq some years before. So either way he aint applying for a clean tittle.

So now i ask the tittle office what the fzzz do i do now? I had to do a tittle bond thru my insurance company. They had to send papers to the capitol and research there areno liens and its not listed as stolen. Had to take it to the police dept and have its vin plates inspected to verify it hadnt been tampered w. And fork over 250$. I ended up getting a clean tittle but jeeeeeez what a load of crap.

After all that i got pulled over about two yrs later cause a cop ran my tag in traffic. Pulled me over cause the new tittle says car is blk when it should have been bl for blue. Car was atlantic blue. I promptly told the cop off and gave him a piece of my mi d for wasting my time over something so stupid. Hadnt he ever heard of a car being painted some other color? Told him i worked in a body shop and it happens at least once a week. After i got done chewing his arse out, he decided to let me go and limped his freshly reamed self back to his car.

All that crap from someone marking out a name on a tittle. B.s. I tell you.

Yeah PA does suck for buying cars. When I heard about the process and the seller told me "I'll meet you at the DMV, bring insurance" I was like eh screw it. Otherwise I'd have a missile car S14 in my driveway right now. NJ is just a signature on the title and the car's yours.

You don't have to have insurance on the car you are buying in pa. You just have to prove that you have car insurance in general. Obviously if you are taking out a loan to buy the car, the bank will make you insure it but even then I believe you have 2 weeks to actually insure the subject vehicle.

Every car I ever bought or sold was in pa, so I don't believe it is that difficult but it is all that I really know. But I do have a motorcycle that the former owner signed over the title and dated it without a notary and the local notaries will not transfer. I will have to apply for a lost title to correct if I ever decide to get that this running again

Kevin

well I spent a couple hours checking into what to do next ,I had to go to 3 diff departments

one to get an application for 'clarification of petion ruling and correct info on document '

one to find how to word request , and one to turn it in to the courts

when I asked how long it would take I got a , no idea

4 diff people asked me how he could have made such a stupid mistake , my answer is I have no clue he

had a copy of my b-cert in front of him

any way my name is now Brown but I still can't get a drivers license until the dob is corrected