if you had 6 months to a year left . what would be your priorities

Shelby

Shelby prayers daily for you bud ( me I would make sure my wife was taken care of financially ) and I would have a small bucket list then I would tell a few ppl how I felt about them and then spend as much time with my wife/kids

(if you had 6 months to a year left . what would be your priorities)

Whatever the heck you would feel like doing!- Prayers for you Shelby.

Dad

I would sit down for a few minutes every night with a video camera and go through memories, good and bad, leave the story of your life for future generations. I wish I would have done this with my grandfather, especially his youth and service in WWII.

Kane

• Like 1

Whatever makes you the happiest. Family, friends, cars, activities, ect... It's the rest of "your" life. No one can tell you what is right for you. Just spend it being as carefree as you can and doing whatever you want.

BC_99

Wow, i am so sorry to hear that.

You have a large family if i remember correctly, so i would be spending as much time with them as possible. I don't think any of us would hold it against you if you stop spending time here and spent it with your grand kids.

Can't believe I'm reading this, (((Good Vibes))) coming your way Sir... let's hope it's a mis-diagnosis. :(

Like the others said, spend as much time as you can with those you love!

-N8

I would get some things in order, make sure my planing for my final party was set (don't want a sad crying funeral)

I really like the idea above about sititng down with cam or PC with decent webcam. Only got some old super 8 format stuff of my gandpa and a few VHS tapes but that was from much later on. even if just to hear his laugh ECT. I started to archive old pics so it would be cool to have your memories on pics and info behind them recorded.

Spend time with family and friends, make a few amends and appologies, bucket list a few things, deliver a few cars to a few people and sign them over.

Sorry you have to ask, thanks for all you have given. If anything I can do, or we can get rolling here for you to check things off your bucket list.... please do speak up.

Shelby,

prayers to you and your family.

doctors always tell people how long they have to live, don't they. They are supposed to be an authority, supposedly

Keep a positive attitude and have faith all will be well.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

You have lived very long and have seen more than us young guys can hope to see.

Its all about family now...

I know what you may be feeling sir... just remember Shelby: Doctors work in a profession described as "Medical Practice." Not always "All Knowing?" Most CERTAINLY, Time frames can vary! Now get on that Bull named "Fu Manchu!" Best wishes & prayer coming your way.

No not our human Starquest encyclopeadia!!!

Id try to spend as much family time as i could aswell.

Your knowledge will be missed sir.

Prayers for you and your family.

Edited by G54Bstore

Sorry to hear SHELBY ..make sure u talk to all your family ..and tell them how u feel and your wishes.....THEIRS NOTHING LIKE YOUR FAMILY IN LIFE....make tape for your grand kids so they can see you and your car ...........keep positive thinking about what is going on with your life .....they can do wonderful things in this time...check out all treatments that they can do to prolong your life...life is all about family and friends and I know u have lots of them, because I am one of them......YOUR FRIEND ALLWAYS MARK HANSEN..............................................................

POST A PICTURE OF U SO I CAN SEE U AND YOUR FAMILY...........

Edited by markhansenconquest

I have not been on here in a while, and this is definitely not what I wanted to come back to. My heart now sits heavy! My prayers will be going out.

I'd kinda follow JohnnyWadd, except I'd give mine away. And I had to pick today, I know already who I'd give it to. Other then that, I'd do all I could to make sure my family is straight. From there, start checking off stuff on the ole bucket list.

So sorry to hear Shelby. My prayers for you and your family.

Leave nothing unsaid. Say your peace, show your love to those you love and do whatever you want buddy. While you are still of sound mind, make arrangements or leave written directives for your final services. I know that is hard to do. But it needs to be done, makes it easier for your family.

Eat what ever you want to eat! My father loved food, in his final days we made sure he got whatever he wanted.

Which brings me to this, on a personal level. I want to thank you for reaching out to me when I was experiencing the loss of my father. I can't express how grateful I am to you for your kind words during the hardest period of my life. It is amazing how powerful and impacting it was to receive kindness from a man I have never met in person. But the father in you, knew what to say when I was down. For that, I thank you and this community.

I wish you the best during this time. Go live it with your loved ones. God bless my friend.

Best hopes, wishes, & prayers your way Shelby!

For fun and the why not factor, I'd get a pretty ridiculous tattoo or 2 on my chest to have fun with since the body's going anyhow. Enjoy then make the Doc's day lively when they go in to harvest any organs for donating. I highly recommend doing a google/image search for "funny tatoos", "bad tatoos", etc. worth some pretty great laughs.

In all seriousness it's great to see the support this SQ family offers it's members. Shelby's at the tops.

I would share more moments with my wife and kids. Show them how much they mean to me. Talk to my kids every day and give them advice in life's purpose.

I would talk with the Lord every day and give thanks for all my life and family & friends.

At approx 1pm today Shelby had a stroke. Haven't spoken with him personally yet today but the girlfriend had him on the phone for a bit. I'll add more once I get to the house.

Whoa! Please let us know what's up. And holler at him for all of us.

Whoa! Please let us know what's up. And holler at him for all of us.

well the lab says it wasn't a stroke ,, but it was deff some sort of meualogical event , and it

lasted for more then 20 minutes , during that 20 min I was in a trans like state don't recall much

other then it was dam sure no fun

right now they aren't sure what to do with me :) i'l let you know when I do

looks like this most likely will scew up my plans to attend PF this yr

oh I want to thank my friends for the kind words