240SX KIDS. OR AS THEY LIKE TO SAY S13 OR S14 I AM SO FED UP!!!

verde2002

Im not sure whether Im lucky or not to have no 240's in my area. Ive seen one on the street by my house and its the typical ricer junk in progress, which is sad because I actually like how those cars look stock and not all hellaflush. I guess Im stuck with a bunch of honda civic ricer boyracers. Its funny to watch them stare when I drive by though, lol!

I agree about the stock 240's. A buddy had a 95ish 240 and it was suprisingly quick and a very well balanced little car. I can understand why the ricer drift kiddies want them, but its a shame so many fun cars are getting ragged out and sold for parts/project cars after theyve been all used up. To the OP, I feel your pain. CL brings out all the wierdos.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

I blame it all on the "Fast and the Furious" movies. I remember when the original movie came out over ten years ago I was really into the street racing scene and 4-5 days out of the week I was at different loactions watching the action and taking part on some days. I was so excited about the movie and went and saw it the first day. I wish the movie and the sequals never came out. It was a joke, the fake races where a supposed quarter mile street race took over a minute and each guy was upshifting like 10 times. Never knew they made ten speed manual trannies. Then the nasty glow lights under the cars and the stupid racing stripes and gay stickers all over the cars. If one of those cars showed up at the street races they would have been clowned by everyone and sent home. After the movie all these random cars started showing up from peoples moms Camry's to Hyundai Excels with a fake exhausts and a few stickers thinking they are racers. Really ruined the street racing scene. This whole 240sx phenomenon and drifting started with the 2006 version of the movie "Tokyo Drift". After that everyone wanted a RWD car and all thought they were professional drifters. Sorry for the ongoing rant but I blame that series of movies for a lot of the bullsh*t cars and bullsh*t wannabe racers that are out on the streets.

I on the other hand, I love to see people out in their riced civics, sunfires, 240sx, ect. I feel that without them the world would be a much more boring place. Every time I see one I just have to smile. Besides their the only things on the road I can beat.....when a new 4 door family car like the v6 impala has 303hp, its just disheartening.

Dan

When someone asks me what kind of car I drive I tell them its a Mitsubishi Evolution, I don't tell them I drive a CT9A. I asked the kid what car is it for, a normal response would be a Nissan 240sx and not S14. I didn't ask for the chassis designation and unless you are part of that particular car community the chassis numbers dont mean anything to you. I can understand if it was something like a clutch or suspension part I was selling that was chassis specific but it is a set of wheels, they will fit many cars.

You dont say you drive an Evo8, Evo9, Evo10, Evo5, Evo4? Same concept applies to S13, S14, S15. It denotes generations and body styles ( but for them its a chassis designation )

Also 240 prices went up way before Tokyo Drift - drifting was catching on before them, that just shoved it into the mainstream spotlight. For example, in 2002 I could buy an S13 with a blown headgasket for $900. 2005 those went for almost $2k.

Then again its like the AE86/Corolla GT-S. The car sucks performance wise, but will still fetch $4k in shoddy condition partly due to Initial D.

I promise you if a Starion was a main car in a modern movie and it was kicking butt you would see this website swarmed.

Edited by Fanta

You dont say you drive an Evo8, Evo9, Evo10, Evo5, Evo4? Same concept applies to S13, S14, S15. It denotes generations and body styles ( but for them its a chassis designation )

I think if someone asked me what kind of Evo or 240 I drive I would first say lancer evolution/240sx then numbers if the person was more interested.

I promise you if a Starion was a main car in a modern movie and it was kicking butt you would see this website swarmed.

Funny you say this cause I have noticed at car meets people recognizing my car from Forza 4.

I blame it all on the "Fast and the Furious" movies. I remember when the original movie came out over ten years ago I was really into the street racing scene and 4-5 days out of the week I was at different loactions watching the action and taking part on some days. I was so excited about the movie and went and saw it the first day. I wish the movie and the sequals never came out. It was a joke, the fake races where a supposed quarter mile street race took over a minute and each guy was upshifting like 10 times. Never knew they made ten speed manual trannies. Then the nasty glow lights under the cars and the stupid racing stripes and gay stickers all over the cars. If one of those cars showed up at the street races they would have been clowned by everyone and sent home. After the movie all these random cars started showing up from peoples moms Camry's to Hyundai Excels with a fake exhausts and a few stickers thinking they are racers. Really ruined the street racing scene. This whole 240sx phenomenon and drifting started with the 2006 version of the movie "Tokyo Drift". After that everyone wanted a RWD car and all thought they were professional drifters. Sorry for the ongoing rant but I blame that series of movies for a lot of the bullsh*t cars and bullsh*t wannabe racers that are out on the streets.

I hear ya. But I must confess, I aint mad at all at the FnF franchise, they paid some of my bills starting with 4 and 5 and now 6 and 7 in the works!

I was into the import scene in L.A. since '92 when it was just in its infancy. Only options back then were Datsun/ Nissans, Celica/Supras, DSM's, Mazda's, all of which were RWD. The Honduh's were nothing then, pre-VTEC times, they were generally not taken serious.

The body kit trend and body lights were around before the movie. Heck I remember the fog light trend era as well, big PIAA's on imports. The FnF franchise just brought it to mainstream in an over exagerated way, its what movies do.

Kids today I swear have gotten dumber. The internet has not made people more informed.

Whats the Starions Chassis number?

187, like the muder code for police. I guess its fitting seeing as how the Starion killed all competition when it cAme out! lol

Every car has it's, 'stereotypical' owner. Starquests get the old men who threat these cars like they are worth 250k, and explode at the idea of anything but stock <_< . The 240 guys get the drift rat/hard parker crap. It is completely false but people still go along with these stereotypes for some reason.

LOL, the part about Starion owners is 100% CORRECT! Stereotype be damned. At least a good amount of them. I've had a guy tell my my mesh wheels made the car look like S__T becuse they weren't stock, meanwhile his car is up in the clouds with 4" of wheelwell gap and balloon tires. Not too many SQ guys stance their cars and use spacers, etc. How many guys bash D2's without ever seeing a set? New school vs old school on an old school car. All the 240 guys around me pretty much walk the walk, but you don't see many here except down at E-Town, and most of them look like missiles.

Edited by Fuze

i rememer a couple honda kids asking who molded in my wide body kit :facepalm:

You know this kind of gives me an idea. Since my cars body is rather ratty might just take the welder lightly over the wheel wells and clame I did my own widebody :ph34r:

i rememer a couple honda kids asking who molded in my wide body kit :facepalm:

This happened to me once, it took me a few seconds to comprehend what he was saying, then I just said no body kit, all metal from the factory.

187, like the muder code for police. I guess its fitting seeing as how the Starion killed all competition when it cAme out! lol

Looking in the manual and its Saying the Code is A18(for conquest, ill check for starion later today) and the 7 is for the engine displacement.

A18 doesnt sound that bad........

Edit: Yep A18 is for Starions also.

Edited by Lizzord30

scroll down

my Starion/Conquest hoard. six 16x9 +0 (SHP rears) and six 16x8 -10 (base model rears).

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6898607291_391c2381e2_b.jpg

Save the scrolling through the POS's

-Robert

• 3 weeks later...

my Starion/Conquest hoard. six 16x9 +0 (SHP rears) and six 16x8 -10 (base model rears).

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/6898607291_391c2381e2_b.jpg

Save the scrolling through the POS's

-Robert

hey! i recognize that car! it's sitting in my driveway! and all those wheels are on my back deck!

i actually joined this forum because i'll be selling all these wheels in the next few months. i figured this would be a great place to sell them, since some of you die-hard starion guys would really want the original wheels.

...but if you guys are gonna be so easily butthurt about me putting your prized wheels on a 240...

[edited, at as per rules/request]

...to the zilvia marketplace i go! :P

Edited by jaysgottaredtop
  • Like 1

hey! i recognize that car! it's sitting in my driveway! and all those wheels are on my back deck!

i actually joined this forum because i'll be selling all these wheels in the next few months. i figured this would be a great place to sell them, since some of you die-hard starion guys would really want the original wheels.

...but if you guys are gonna be so easily butthurt about me putting your prized wheels on a 240...

...to the zilvia marketplace i go! :P

That's awesome!