Roll Call after Horrific Tornadoes

JAinsworth

We're fine here, but not so good three miles south of us. Just google Ringgold,GA tornado.

we made it fine here. just some rain, then we had some nasssssty lightining. woke me up from a dead sleep and actually scared me a bit. im certain some of those hits had to be striking something close to me. it sounded too powerfull not to be hitting something.

Safe and sound here in Buffalo. We had tornado warnings and watches all day yesterday. It stayed more south, near the Pennsylvania border. We just got rain and today it is very windy, but sunny. Glad to hear everyone else is safe.

I've spent the better part of last night/this morning contacting the few members I know were in the eye of the storm. Jess/Melena, Brandon, Ken Blalock are all fine. I know they never post so I thought I'd update for them. Brandon had an F5 pass within 1/2 mile of his house outside Cullman, AL which is leveled in areas. Has anyone heard from our Tuscaloosa members???

My dad had a touchdown just above his house in N. GA but just basic hail/wind damage at his place.

And for those who haven't looked.....all my projects are in Alabama and the northern part of the state is completely devistated. Rumored to be the longest stretch a tornado has ever stayed on the ground...basically Miss. to NC and F5 strength for alot of that stretch. Tracked Tuscaloosa to Birmingham. EMA's in AL are stating it could be days or longer before the extent of the damage and fatalities is known. Very sad situation.

Edited by jonboyb

I'm fine too, my neighborhood only suffered from flash flooding and some strong winds. My power came back on last night at midnight. My girlfriend lives almost 8 miles southeast of me, and alot of trees fell in her neighborhood. Her power came on today at noon.

I'm fine too, my neighborhood only suffered from flash flooding and some strong winds. My power came back on last night at midnight. My girlfriend lives almost 8 miles southeast of me, and alot of trees fell in her neighborhood. Her power came on today at noon.

Man....I forgot about you Josh. Course you kinda forgot about us with the girlfriend and all so I guess we're even :lol: Any chance you'll be gracing any meets this year...lol. Seriously though...glad all is well in your area.

My brother lives in Athens, near huntsville. Works in Madison. sounds like they got hit super hard. Him, his wife, animals and cars are okay. i spent a good portion of yesterday worrying.

Glad to hear you guys are safe.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who died in this disaster, and their families and friends.

Man....I forgot about you Josh. Course you kinda forgot about us with the girlfriend and all so I guess we're even :lol: Any chance you'll be gracing any meets this year...lol. Seriously though...glad all is well in your area.

yea josh, you def need to come out. heck bring the gf with you and ill bring samantha so they have another female around to talk to.

Jonboyb:

Don't put all the blame on my girlfriend, her and my house have kept me busy, lol. It's all good though, I haven't forgotten about any of you guys/gals here. I have always kept up with things on this site daily. I will be attending Pigeon Forge this year, I'm really looking forward to it.

My friends house near Madison.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225110_793335886750_38904604_37694084_7318802_n.jpg

Everyone at my house is OK. I had to get the trampoline out of the neighbors yard and clean up debris. I drove to work in the middle of the worst crap. Windshield is chipped and car has some hail damage but I made it. We had several units (nuclear and fossil) trip offline. Our plant was and is basically holding up what's left of the grid, so the pucker factor here is pretty high. If we trip off, all of SE TN, NW GA, and NE AL would be in the dark. Lots of damage and fatalities all around though. Prayers to all those who lost loved ones in this ordeal.

Here's a good view of the devastation around Chattanooga.

http://timesfreepress.com/tmpVids/aerialviewtn.html

Kane

I am ok. One tornado passed about a mile from my home but I had no damage. No power anywhere in the surrounding area though. Sand mountain was hit hard. Buildings, homes, chicken houses were leveled by a f5 tornado that averaged a half mile wide. Over 30 deaths have been confirmed in Dekalb county alone. Yesterday I drove about 15 miles following the path of the storm. It is simply astounding at the damage.