CONQUEST WINDSHIELDS

jenkinsautoglass

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definatly take one, maybe more depending on price. Maybe this should be a Group Purchase so that there can be a list of those who are committed. Maybe the more we buy, the cheaper they get. Anyome who actually drives their car more than it sits should have one of these on hand because they are so scarace.

What is a lead?

From a manufacturer that can make them for us or some glass shop sitting with 5 NOS ones?

If someone were to get a lead on a manufacturer it should be made public so we can have a local glass installer call and order as needed so we dont have to pay high shipping charges and support for our cars can increase in the aftermarket

I am interested in one but if these are being made currently or again by a manufacturer they should beinexpensive through our local glass guys

Edited by conquest396

just so everyone knows jenkinsautoglass is a local member around me, i was over working on his car last night. he does only have 6 posts here but i have known greg for a while now, he tinted the windows on my honda and my mazda and soon my quest. i will vouche that hes a trustworthy member.

and just so everyone knows, now that greg owns one here in town that makes 5 quest owners here in our town, that rocks. and believe it or not they all run and drive....lmao.

I have a brand new windshield installed on my 89 quest last month thru a friend of friend who own an autoglass shop out near Houston ,TX .I was the lucky one because I tried to find out if he can get the company that made it way back to reproduce some more for the Quest and Starion owners but no luck at all. the company name Viacom glass. the only way you can get the windshiled just by luck if an autoglass shop that's been around for a while that might have 1 collecting dust at the corner of the shop some where. GOOD LUCK HUNTING FOR IT ....Hope someone get lucky

just so everyone knows jenkinsautoglass is a local member around me, i was over working on his car last night. he does only have 6 posts here but i have known greg for a while now, he tinted the windows on my honda and my mazda and soon my quest. i will vouche that hes a trustworthy member.

and just so everyone knows, now that greg owns one here in town that makes 5 quest owners here in our town, that rocks. and believe it or not they all run and drive....lmao.

they're just trying to find out what kind of leads he has.

I don't think anyone was being too unkind, as we don't know your friend.

I need one in the near future BTW.

i was at his shop last night and we were talking about these. the problem is these are NOT coming from the states, so there is gonna be some frieght charges and what not. so he has to go thru getting them here then will need to ship out each one as needed.

the problem is being able to get them, and make them a affordable so we can actually buy them. he is trying to gauge interest to see if its even worth the trouble to have these imported. believe me he not trying to make a ton of money on these hes just trying to make windshields avalible to us. but he is a business so yes he needs to make some money for his time and efforts.

if he can find 10 people that want them then he can save on frieght having them shipped together so costs would be lower. if he has to order one here and one there they are gonna be more expensive. the frieght charges on ONE is around $125 so to order them one at a time would be very expensive.

i was at his shop last night and we were talking about these. the problem is these are NOT coming from the states, so there is gonna be some frieght charges and what not. so he has to go thru getting them here then will need to ship out each one as needed.

the problem is being able to get them, and make them a affordable so we can actually buy them. he is trying to gauge interest to see if its even worth the trouble to have these imported. believe me he not trying to make a ton of money on these hes just trying to make windshields avalible to us. but he is a business so yes he needs to make some money for his time and efforts.

if he can find 10 people that want them then he can save on frieght having them shipped together so costs would be lower. if he has to order one here and one there they are gonna be more expensive. the frieght charges on ONE is around $125 so to order them one at a time would be very expensive.

Maybe start a list or a GP to see what kind of interest there is. I know I will need one soon so you can put my name on the list.

Chris

I know I am interested in one... possibly two. Let me know okay...

I got a lead on some new windshields not sure on price but just wanted to know how many people are looking for them..just let me know...

Don't put your trust in the guy so easily, he's only got 11 posts, member since may of this year, and has no numbers to back up his posts. If he comes through with this, check your local glass place before buying, maybe shipping a windshield is more spendy than just getting one locally.

technology your a goof.....lol.

if you read back a few posts i stated that i know greg personally, YES he only has a few posts here but i will put MY NAME behind anything he sells cause i will get to see it first hand before he sends it out. he lives 5 minutes away from me and i have known him a couple years now, i was at his glass shop all day yestersay working on his quest.

and PLEASE do call your local glass guy so he can laugh uncontrolably at your request for a conquest windsheild......lol.

greg wants to order in like 5 or so windshields but he just didnt wanna get stuck with them.

Watch out if its Viacom glass. We got a brand new one installed on Kate's car in MI in 06. About 6 months after we moved to TX the glass developed bubbles in the lamination all over the glass. After research, it's a cheap glass manufacturer and it just couldn't handle being in the TX sun.

The place that installed the glass gave me a warranty, but they don't want to drive 1250 miles to replace it.

If it's not Viacom glass I may need one to replace this POS glass that's in her car, as I doubt this one will pass inspection. That was $300 well spent :angry:

Edited by Burton