Kelly has crossed the line s c r e w him RANT!!!

ucw458

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh. I'm still stuck on trying to understand how "SO KELLY F YOU AND I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN." isn't abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, and/or profane. I am willing to go out on a limb and say we all know what word he meant when he typed the letter F, lol.

heh. I'm still stuck on trying to understand how "SO KELLY F YOU AND I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN." isn't abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, and/or profane. I am willing to go out on a limb and say we all know what word he meant when he typed the letter F, lol.

FORGET

-Robert

Not that it really makes a difference with regard to "site policy", but I always thought it was safe to assume that anyone old enough to be included in the group you're referencing here (we all know what word he meant when he typed the letter F) was also old enough to handle the reference without going away scarred for life.

I "imply" vulgar words, also. Is that meant to be forbidden by the site policy? I'm sincerely asking. I knew skirting the language filter wasn't permitted, but getting your point across in a manner only decipherable by those "grown up" enough to hack it has always seemed a suitable alternative to me. Any guidance?

Edited by chiplee

I am willing to go out on a limb and say we all know what word he meant when he typed the letter F, lol.

For those of you who don't know what "F" stands for I will simply come out and say it..............FRACK

Any log style manifold is not a 'header' and cannot be compared to one. Headers flow much better.

I hope to be proven wrong that a mild steel header will not last on this engine.

Like many of us knew, time tells the story about all vendors. Everyone's true colors must surface in time.

Let the dude make his log style header, he's doing nothing but copying chads design...you go ahead and make your tube headers and come out on top.

And for jonathan or what ever dudes name is....you speak on build quality...all his crap comes from mexico where they use crap material....so what is difference between his crap and mookeehs? Oh I know...customer service, thats the difference. Mookeeh has an actual shop and *DM has a garage at his mothers house.....see where I'm getting with this.

Let the dude make his log style header, he's doing nothing but copying chads design...you go ahead and make your tube headers and come out on top.

And for jonathan or what ever dudes name is....you speak on build quality...all his crap comes from mexico where they use crap material....so what is difference between his crap and mookeehs? Oh I know...customer service, thats the difference. Mookeeh has an actual shop and *DM has a garage at his mothers house.....see where I'm getting with this.

no i for one dont see what your getting at ?, Kelly has lived in HIS house for 22 years and yes he does works out of his garage,he also has access and use of a well known performance shop and dyno in Cali were his products are tested,so let me ask you this,how many *DM and Mookie products have you tested, as i have on your cars ?.

no i for one dont see what your getting at ?, Kelly has lived in HIS house for 22 years and yes he does works out of his garage,he also has access and use of a well known performance shop and dyno in Cali were his products are tested,so let me ask you this,how many *DM and Mookie products have you tested, as i have on your cars ?.

I am sorry but this is getting humorous...

A Portuguese guy gets called out by a Scottish guy defending an Italian guy who calls himself by an American name all commented on by a Brazillian....

Sorry I try to see humor in everything.........

Edited by BrazilBoy

I am sorry but this is getting humorous...

A Portuguese guy gets called out by a Scottish guy defending an Italian guy who calls himself by an American name all commented on by a Brazillian....

Sorry I try to see humor in everything.........

its meant to be humor mang,my posts usually are,you should know that by now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Most of the products that I have that were made under the *DM name work as intended. There are a lot of those that could have worked much better, with a little designing (or re-designing). Kelly always has "borrowed" designs, and just made them cheaper. The allegation that he is using your header design, is not a shocking one. There are no promises that, once you complete and test your version, someone else won't do the same thing again. That is the harsh reality of things. If there is profit to be made on your ideas, you can bet someone else is going to want to make it too.

As for the quality of material, you typically get almost what you pay for. If you are looking for a deal, you are going to get deal level equipment. No matter where things are made, there can be had quality and crap. if you want the best, you have to pony up and pay for it. If you "get what you can afford", compromises are going to be made.

Bottom line, if you don't like the quality of *DM, Mookeh, or any of my stuff for that matter, don't buy it. If you have a better source...share it. If you don't want an idea "stolen", don't share till you are ahead of the game. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that is how things typically work. I hope you rise above it and make a good quality product. More set-backs are going to occur ( I am going thru several now) but to be successful, you will have to rise above it and push on.

I am not defending his business practices, or ethics. I do not think that it is right to take advantage of someone that you are "helping". I am not a fan of his work, or some of the bashing I have personally taken (as well as others) in the past simply because I offered a similar product. I just don't like the bashing that seems to crawl into threads. You never know who your comments effect (ex. I hand make most of my products out of my garage, or source them out of my house). Most of it is counterproductive and only discourages others from trying.

JR

. I hope you rise above it and make a good quality product.

Well said brother. Everything has a Niche. *DM and Mookee have established themselves. If you can make a highly crafted, functional, header with good performance, longevity, and fit you can force a niche (high end, low end etc).

Welcome to capitalism, survival of the fittest.(craftiest, smartest, quickest, strongest,)

Most of the products that I have that were made under the *DM name work as intended. There are a lot of those that could have worked much better, with a little designing (or re-designing). Kelly always has "borrowed" designs, and just made them cheaper. The allegation that he is using your header design, is not a shocking one. There are no promises that, once you complete and test your version, someone else won't do the same thing again. That is the harsh reality of things. If there is profit to be made on your ideas, you can bet someone else is going to want to make it too.

As for the quality of material, you typically get almost what you pay for. If you are looking for a deal, you are going to get deal level equipment. No matter where things are made, there can be had quality and crap. if you want the best, you have to pony up and pay for it. If you "get what you can afford", compromises are going to be made.

Bottom line, if you don't like the quality of *DM, Mookeh, or any of my stuff for that matter, don't buy it. If you have a better source...share it. If you don't want an idea "stolen", don't share till you are ahead of the game. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that is how things typically work. I hope you rise above it and make a good quality product. More set-backs are going to occur ( I am going thru several now) but to be successful, you will have to rise above it and push on.

I am not defending his business practices, or ethics. I do not think that it is right to take advantage of someone that you are "helping". I am not a fan of his work, or some of the bashing I have personally taken (as well as others) in the past simply because I offered a similar product. I just don't like the bashing that seems to crawl into threads. You never know who your comments effect (ex. I hand make most of my products out of my garage, or source them out of my house). Most of it is counterproductive and only discourages others from trying.

JR

This is beautifully written and is true to the point. I completely agree with you, but i also cant understand the defensive patterns of others. Have they somehow completely missed the way Kelly bashs everyone that remotely competes with him? Or have they not been around long enough or cared to ask why so many people dont like him. Its obviously not because he is succesful, as we have plenty of vendors the masses love (DAD comes to mind). ScottyGibb i have to ask... have you completely ignored all of Kellys bashings... or do chose to act like he didnt cause most of what he gets? If you knowingly ignore what he does to others and defend him regardless i have to be sad for you.

Thats not bashing, that is true from my heart.

Monty

I used to like *DM. He was kind enough to donate some stuff to the 07 National meet, and I also have some of his IC pipes on Kate's car.

That being said, after the way I saw him treat some customers and the way his cronies came to 26liter.us and acted like a bunch of babies, I have ZERO respect for him anymore due to that.

I'm sure the people that don't see any bad in *DM, are also the fan boys of *DM and will see no bad in him no matter what.

Don't be a crybaby about himstealing your idea, that happens all the time. Wipe those tears away and get out there and outsell him? How hard is that? he's banned from selling stuff on most SQ sites anyway.

Try a GP on 26liter. Nobody's selling them over there.

No one is banned/suspended for a first offence.

No one who has been banned/suspended have only offended once.

Our policy also looks at the motives and any mitigating curcumstances.

LMFAO!!!!

Edited by burtons_wife

To the OP

Free enterprise is what we have in this country, If someone else wanted to sell the parts that I sell they are free to do so and I could not do anything about it.

If I decided to make headers would you be pissed off? I suppose you would just like I might be upset if you started to sell engine parts. However there is nothing that crying about it will acomplish.

The bad part about this mess is the way you were treated by *DM, It's really his ethics that come into question.

1- allowing you to post on his site the idea of the headers, then pulling the post and banning you.-- poor ethics.

2- wanting you to offer it only to *DM members or charging higher prices to SQC members. ---poor ethics.

3- Constant bashing of members on SQC- again poor ethics.

4- links to another site that bashes members of SQC- More poor ethics.

5- Banning any person that says anything about *DM that might be taken negatively.

*DM has repeatedly shown poor business behavior since he was banned from selling on SQC.

It will only be a matter of time, His behavior will catch up to him by hurting his business.

it's too bad, He has a lot of knowledge about these cars, but has let personal feelings dictate which direction his business will go. People will lose respect for him and it will reflect in his sales.

A true businessman will rise above his competition and treat every person as a potential customer.

To UCW- good luck with your header sales, and Hats off to you for trying!

To Kelly, I hope that my post in some way helps you decide which way you will go in treating the Starquest community.

Dad

its meant to be humor mang,my posts usually are,you should know that by now. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thats why I mess with you Scotty..................ya ol sheep shagger ya.....

I will try to remain neutral here.

for the record, i have met kelly in person. Cool guy, I havo no complaints.

Now, when it comes to making a product, its survival of fittest out there. Especially in the SQ community, where demand for parts is low.

Ideas are stolen all the time, thats why you patent something, so people dont take it.

In fact, Bill gates took Windows from someone else, and made billions from it.

If you didnt want someone taking your idea, or at least taken it before you could market it, you should have made it, tested it and had it ready to go before you told anyone about it.

i'm not taking sides, here, nor do i know the full story to what kelly did. But there are always two sides to a story. And I only know one of them.

Then my question to you sir is why does *DM charge so much for his "aftermarket parts"???

I've never really been one to jump into the whole drama, but that's just one sentence right there that I can't stand...

Last I checked, *DM was as reasonable on his parts prices as anyone else. You are free to buy from whomever you like...but don't don't bag on their prices if you have a personal beef with him.

for high dollar products such as this , from past history it'd take you most of a yr to get 20 orders , even then some would back out some would never send all the moneys , mostly because you are dealing with younger less secure adults that have not goten into the nitch that comes from years of work that alows the some times extra moneys for toys ,that and the econo sucks don't help also the cost of liveing going up 30 -40% a yr sure as hell don't help any one

it's not some thing to do to make your primary income but works well as a secondary income , your a little late comeing into the game for that , besides your not the first to offer headers for sale , several people have , you also have a bunch of pit falls ahead of you that others have already went thru

early in the game there was and still is money to be made ,one (unname'd )was knocking down in excess of $100k a yr gross selling to members, so who is helping who,

don't get me wrong your effort to provide for your family is to be admire'd but selling parts on line is not the way to start off, esp high dollar parts

beleave it or not i made and sold the FIRST set of 2" hard pipes on here long time ago :) they were price cut till it was no longer reasonalble for me to compete so after buying material for 14 sets and not one order comeing to head , i gave up , with a $200 loss out of pocket , life lesson learn'd , it's just bussiness right or wrong don't have much to do with it , I truely hope you situation improves , i can relate I have 4 grand children in the same boat