BOHO and a Magna

looks good man. can you see an end in site yet to have it runable by? by the way, i think ive finally solved the last of my issues. between the fuel issue and the wideband not agreeing with megasquirt, i think ive actually gotten it ironed out. ive driven about 120 miles without a problem anywhere.

btw, you remember cregg(guy with me at m.s. meet), he and i are working on a fast idle air valve setup. ive got it on my car as a test platform and it seems to be working pretty good. more info when we have something a little more solid.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like.

I wish I had a TIG.

Oh yeah, you need the fuel rail spacers?? I got some you can has.

-Robert

yeah....Thanks man....I ended up spacing it with a nuts for now....They are the right height....That site that jahjah posted...where they were 4$ each....wanted 8$ for shipping.....I just couldn't bring my self to do it......

Hopefully I'll get it running by this weekend....without any leaks..!!! I've got alot on my plate right now....

• 1 month later...

MPI swap is finally done and its ready to run. All I need now is a throttle cable...still don't know what I'm going to do on it...I guess just put a factory one on it......pics coming soon

Nothing is ever trully finished but at least I can get it running and get a decent tune under my belt....It hasn't run in more than a few months....and and hasn't run well ever....so I'm excited to try out all the new gadgets....

You guys know what your looking at....

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6839/066qgy.jpg

Edited by BOHO

Ok guys...dumb question....

Does the car use ALOT more gas when its under load then it would free reving? I took the car for a spin today and I'm lean while acceling....once I reach a speed and cruise it...my afr's are good...but getting their is extremley bad...I don't know if this would be accel enrichment or my VE maps? Also....My computer timing at idle set at 12...but actual timing is reading about 8....could this just be one of my settings in my Timing config....I havnt gone through it yet...

braden, i think you need to richen up the ve tables in the lower areas. i dont have this problem as you do and i havent yet touched accel enrichments. naturally you will use a little more fuel under accel but it shouldnt be all that much. i have no idea about the timing issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone help me out with my LED's on MS? I know the left light is tach signal...and I'm pretty sure the right is AE...whats the middle light...Mine stays on now after I try to start the car...don't think it did before...It wont stay running and I'm not sure what I dicked up. I popped the 12v wire off of my flyback board and put it back together again...and now I've got this.

• 1 month later...

This is retarded...people don't listen. The wrong version of MS is loaded on the new computer and once again...I cannot connect to the MS with my vista laptop...for some unknown fking reason......witht the mix matched software version the computer will not control timing...module runs in limp mode....

My tuning laptop does not have the new version on it and I can't get any info on or off of it.....f'in christ.....

Edited by BOHO

apparently I'm the only one that is retarded....Its still not controlling timing even though I got the right firmware on and everything....Module is running in limp mode.....don't know why....getting good PIP signal but SAW is not controlling....

• 1 month later...

Ok guys....Update.

Good New : I'm back on a distributor and the car is running...

Bad News : I have to take the intake back off becauase I'm leaking coolant on the rear port that is blocked....Not sure why it didn't seal...Little bubbles coming from the spot and some white smoke out the exhaust....no bueno....Hopefully it will be on the road tomorrow for the first time this YEAR...Wheeww....frustrating...

I might have spoke too soon.....I'm going to change the oil in the morning but.....milk everywhere in the oil.....It couldn't have blown anything sitting in the driveway!!!...so I hope its just ALOT of condesation from all the rain and sitting for so long....."crosses fingers"

apparently I'm the only one that is retarded....Its still not controlling timing even though I got the right firmware on and everything....Module is running in limp mode.....don't know why....getting good PIP signal but SAW is not controlling....

I think i am having the same issue with my EDIS and MS2 3.57. Adjusting the timing in megatune doesn't do anything, but adjusting the fuel affects it. I was hoping you had a solution, i guess the hunt continues.

Sorry bud...I spents months on it and finally gave up. I left everything in place so that when I get around people who know what they are doing maybe I can try it again...If you find out anything Keep me in mind.

not trying to rag on anyone, but why would you run EDIS with an MSII? it has an onboard ignition module and it's real easy to add another for the second coil control. You could still use the Ford coil pack, or really, any 4cyl wasted spark type.

Just wondering....

not trying to rag on anyone, but why would you run EDIS with an MSII? it has an onboard ignition module and it's real easy to add another for the second coil control. You could still use the Ford coil pack, or really, any 4cyl wasted spark type.

Just wondering....

?? I don't know. It seems that thats what almost everyone does to control ignition. Either this or locked distributor with direct coil control....I chose the EDIS route sine dozens of people on here have had success. I don't know enough about the MS hardware aspect to make changes like your talking about.

im with braden on the running edis due to multiple success stories. it seems like edis is almost foolproof, except for cases like braden. however running the direct coil control i can only think of like one or two people who have said they made it run. even the guys at diy autotune suggested i stay away from direct spark compared to the tried and trueness of edis. i did my install of edis and after a few quirks that part of the system came to life for me and works great, now ive lost fuel and cant get all of this horse s*** to run .

on to that note, braden, since i lost signal to the injectors and have racked my brain trying to find what was the problem. i went to diy yesterday and got them to put my ecu on the mgabench and it worked perfectly, and now im convinced the problem is in my wiring in the ms wire harness so i will be pulling the whole harness out in a couple days. will be interesting to see what i find as all i can imagine is that something got grounded where i put it thru the firewall. i also bought a stim while i was there juist for future help. seems you always have some sort of friggen problems out of this crap.

can i take it you dont need that cr125 afterall? i hadnt had a chance to get back to you yet.

as fopr your water in the oil, sounds like its leaking into the cylinder also and standing on the rings, then seeping past the rings and thats where your chocolate milk came from.i wouldnt worry too much, but be sure to check the intake for flat, but it sounds more like just a fluke failure to go along with the bad luck you and i both seem to be having from all of this crap.

Sorry bud...I spents months on it and finally gave up. I left everything in place so that when I get around people who know what they are doing maybe I can try it again...If you find out anything Keep me in mind.

I created a post in the ms forums. http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=36745

Hopefully something comes out of it.

Good to hear you got it going....well, looks like you're almost there.

If you two don't get ya'll s%$t running soon I'm ma gonna have to go down there and school ya'll. :D

what time you gonna get here? i will have food on the table waiting for you. oh and bring me one of those cute little asian girls that works with your wife. i know she gots friends.