BOHO and a Magna

I'm also running 75lb injectors. your req fuel should be 5.4

req fuel should be something you set once then never touch again.

I agree it should be set and you shouldnt need to change it again, but depending on base line fuel pressure, fuel line size and type of injectors required fuel could be different for similiar set ups. i am running 6.9 required fuel with 750cc injectors and 25psi base pressure. just indreasing your base fuel pressure 5 psi could make a big change in the required fuel.

Braden, tech is right get a datalog it will eliminate most of the guess work. getting moisture in the block sounds bad though do pressure test on coolant system.

GL

Scott

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

I got a laptop that I just knew would work and I couldn't get it to connect either. I bought the usb to serial cable that DIY sells but I don't think that mine is anygood. It doesn't make sense. But.....I made some more changes and I actually drove the car about 50 miles yesterday. :) :) :) No fouling plugs...No breaking down No losing tach signal :) I wish I could datalog but I don't have the money to buy anything else and I definatly don't have the money to put the car on the dyno...But I just wanted you guys to know it was coming along..I guess. I'm going to take some pictures of the car NOT in my driveway just so you believe me...LOL!!!

Braden

why is it that it wont connect ? so you cant even view megatune?

I don't know grant..?? I've only got this old POS Toshiba that I can get to connect. But I can't do anything else with it...The only problem I have is a itermittent miss at cruise....It doesnt miss at all under accel...I'm going to work on getting a used laptop that has a true Serial port.

i dunno, that sounds like one to hit up the ms forums about. im not really good with the whole computer/connectivity end of things. you need a better nerd than me for that stuff. jah-jah(kyle) is pretty decent with that stuff. he may be able to help. worth a try.

How does it rev with no load??

Are you running ignition control?

Have you verified that your timing advances with rpm increase?

Can you post screen shots of your constants/enrichments/VE table/Ign table??

Is the lean out momentary or does it continue to lean out uncontrollably with boost?

If you took of your hood would you be able to see your FPR gauge from the pass seat?? If so try that. You may have a bad pump or clogged fuel filter.

If its an issue with your tune theres really no way to help you til you post up the screen shots.

phil

Well if you get it drivable enough that you wanna bring it up here... I'll gladly take a look over everything for ya.

I'm still jobless, and i punctured a hole in my lower rad hose :( so i'm not driving anywhere anytime soon. But if i get a job and replace that hose i might be able to find a day to convoy down there and take a look at ur car.

Kyle, I'll figure out something so I can head up there.

Phil,

I will take some screen shots with a camera..LOL...I have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge mounted on the cowl so I can see it all the time. Its raising properly. No I cannont control Ignition. Its running just off Distributor and Vac. Advance. Its a fuel only car right now. It Does advance properly now. The car revs great with no load. Not a sputter one. Thanks

Braden

yea, and if you can get it up here, either to my house or kyles, we only live like 15 or so miles apart. so it would be no problem for all of us to get together and jump on your car to figure out whats up. surely between the 3 of us we can send you home in decent shape.

yea, and if you can get it up here, either to my house or kyles, we only live like 15 or so miles apart. so it would be no problem for all of us to get together and jump on your car to figure out whats up. surely between the 3 of us we can send you home in decent shape.

agreed

teamwork,,,thats where its at

keep this post goin for the next guys,,,,,including me,some day

good luck,sounds like your real close

How do your plugs actually look though. You need to truly read them.

Hows the ring? White/Black/Brown??

Porcelin? Peppered/black?

Electrode? heat mark at half??

What gap?

Also, you say your fouling the #1 plug. Have you checked the distributor/rotor/wires?

Did you check the block for flatness. I see you said it was clean.

phil

I took some pics.

This is Plugs... 4 3 2 1 ...left to right They are NGK 7's gapped at .038

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6479/49894845.jpg

settings

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3226/42108411.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/788/96507059.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4747/64356315.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4882/71709080.jpg

Sorry for the Shotty pictures.

Plug wires all ohmed pretty close to the same thing. I'm going to get a new cap just to be safe.

Edited by BOHO

Above 80kpa you need to put in some fuel. Should be in the 100's @ 130kpa and up.

Req fuel is too high. Im at 6.4 with a 60mm turbo and 750's

Im also running different PWM.

Im running 100% limit and 25.5ms threshold

Id also close down the plug gap to like .028-.030

Let me know if that helps.

Phil...Does that mean you have High impedance injectors? with those setups? I do need to turn the req. back down where its supposed to be. and just change VE. Chad also mentioned shortening the gap a little bit. I will do it and report back. I'll post new pics of plugs after a fresh set and some more tuning.

I used the autotune feature for my cruise. It really seemed to help out. running 14's to low 15's

My smile is getting a little bigger day by day. I still havn't done a WOT pull or even come close to it...I just want to take it slow. For some reason my boost controller had come loose and I saw 22 psi....Didn't miss a beat though....I turned it back down and I'm about to go back out for some more. Idle is MUCH better. Cruise is good...and It pulls 10-15 psi and afr's are in the 11's. I will report back and let yall know....

It's actually getting there....:)

It's actually getting there....:)

sweet,,,

that number 3 plug looks a bit suspicious

also the number one plug looks like its a bp6 or 8

might be the angle of the camera to the plug,,,but i see alot more

porcelain sticking out

keep it up

Thats great news! Just remember, start out on the rich side and work your way lean. I shoot for mid 11's under boost. And keep your timing conservative til you can get on a dyno and watch it with the gun. Lots of popped motors due to too much advance.

Best way to read plugs is to install new ones and make a full WOT pull and then shut it down. Pull the plugs on the side of the road. Otherwise the readings are thrown off by by idle and accel enrichments.

You want clean porecelain. NO PEPPERING! and a Dark Gray ring.

So tune it on the plugs you got and when your ready to see how its set up put in the new plugs.

Good Luck!

phil

Well...I'm sure my "miss" is not in the tune. It's got to be spark related. I'm going to try a different distributor and coil just to eliminate things. For short bursts it doesn't matter but trying to ride out a wot pull it becomes noticible...starts bucking...I don't want to blow anything. AFR's will be steady and all the sudden go crazy..but the fuel map doesn't reflect whats happening. Tach signal is very steady. I don't know what else could be causing it.

Also, not enough advance under boost will also induce missing. If you already have descent base timing (10-12deg) try turning down the boost and see if it goes away. Edited by phinko

I took some pics.

This is Plugs... 4 3 2 1 ...left to right They are NGK 7's gapped at .038

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6479/49894845.jpg

Double check that #4 plug, as mentioned above, it looks like a different plug. I can see that #3 actually says it's a 7, but the center of that 4th one looks like it's longer.....