new dyno #'s

bigmandsm

Well the first dyno #'s are in first let me tell alittle about the car

1987 stock bottem end , stock head w/jet valves(ported and polished) , bigmandsm.com custom copper head gasket, stock tbi setup with 1 custom 1400cc secondary, greddy e-mangae contoling 2 additional 720cc inj,gt35r turbo w,tial 38 mm wastgate,bigmandsm.com custom air 2 water cooler,camaro knock sensor,custom water inj kit, all arp hardware

ok made 3 pulls

1.202whp 267.8wt @6psi

2.279whp 321wt @10psi

3.357whp 402wt@16psi(note this pull was cut short due to knock and egt #'s got high)

i think on pull 3 the jet valves were starting to play a rolli will be making more pulls sat to see if i can reach 400whp on a stock block but i am adding cam tonight!!dyno sheets are getting posted on my web site www.bigmandsm.com

u know the questions r comin'....

u made 357whp @16psi thru a stock throttle body ?

what exhaust manifold ?

where did u plumb the 2 720s ?

what mafs ?

all this on stock hydraulic cam ?

what specs on the 35... turbine wheel and housing info ?

pictures of the setup and dyno charts would be nice

well, u did say u would bring da pain  :)

u know the questions r comin'....

u made 357whp @16psi thru a stock throttle body ?

what exhaust manifold ? - obviously a custom unit.

where did u plumb the 2 720s ? i would guess in the ovcp

what mafs ?  - he has greddy e-manage, maybe he ditched the maf.

all this on stock hydraulic cam ? - don't need a big cam to make big power. but it helps.

what specs on the 35... turbine wheel and housing info ? - probably normal gt35r -hks turbot.

pictures of the setup and dyno charts would be nice

well, u did say u would bring da pain  :)

He mad 78hp and 81ftppounds just going from 10psi to 16psi??????? thats like adding a diff turbo!!!!????

the gt35r turbo he is using may just not be a good turbo for lower boost at 10psi, and once it hits 15psi it might be in its efficiency range. it all depends on what the turbo can flow, i haven't looked at any of the charts so maybe someone else can chime in on this.

ok guys i am going to try and answer what i can!!!

here is my dyno sheet http:bigmandsm.com.htmldynosheet

1.yes i did this thru a stock tb(with add inj's)

2.720's were drilled and welded at each y in thre intake

3.yes with a stock manifold (ported)with the bigmandsm adpater

4.on a stock cam also

5.no maf switched to a 3bar map

6.turbo is custom spec as normal i will not reveal specs but the turbo starts to wake up around 15psi and it is a t3/35r hybrid

7.as for those that dont belive you are welcome to call me at 860-538-5144 and setup to come and see more dyno pulls anytime ya like to

8.I have dyno number as of today that are over 450 whp on a stock block but the clutch let go so i dont count that dyno becauise the car broke!!!!(with schnieder cams)

I'm pretty excited to see the final dyno results!

Also, the like, the switches on hte link are for local "" should be "/"...

Still the link doesn't work.....

Deffinately keep us posted.

Also what kind of clutch are you running?

Shawn

>>"5.no maf switched to a 3bar map"

greddy Emanage is a piggyback... so, U-managed to run stock ecu *without* any mafs ??

I suppose if something as simple as turbo specs are 'that secret', you wouldn't care to let us know how you eliminated the mafs either, eh.

any starquestors local... come in ?

Always had faith in you man, That's how we do in CT.

Always had faith in you man, That's how we do in CT.

Sorry abut the double post ,my computer F**KED UP.

Nice runs, dont know why yoiu would not tell everyone your turbo specs, sounds pretty dodgy to me.

gt35rs are a big turbo, should easily push over 500hp. How fast is it spooling up? This was the turbo  was originally planning on running with my engine, before I decided to go with a smaller inline 6 instead.

i am very sorry guys i am not tring to be doggy not at all it is i just dont want you guys to follow me yet please i stress please let me get all the bugs out of my setup and i will let you guys know everything trust me secound the e-manage is only running my extra inj's that all i had laying around so i used it i am going to be using the fuel injector pro tbi for i fell it is a very well thought flawless design!!! for the record guys i am tring to push a stock bottom end till it blows and then i know the limits and as of now i know they are way past 300whp

BIGMANDSM > Great #s bro keep pushing it dont mind the haters..

Haters > Stop bashing everyone that comes out with a new idea .. sound like a bunch of old know-it-alls

That GT35 turbo is an awesome piece as soon as I can get a proper header and my MPI going thats the one Im looking at.  Yes you can make 78hp going from 10psi - 5 psi.  I figure the stocker turbo is good for 7hp per psi .. Im wondering about the exhaust end (3 inch exhaust?)