Its a boy!

ekstatixx

Finally at 5:23 AM this morning, Derek Anthony Gehrke was born. He weighed in at 6 lbs 3 ozs, and 19 3/4 long. He was not due until September 4th, but Liz was taken to the hospital with signs of preclampsia (sp?)

After 15 hours of waiting, finally the baby was ready to move. Liz and i are exhausted and hanging out in the hospital for the next few days awaiting the release of our newborn son. He is said to be healthy. He has all parts where they should be.

Hopefully he will take his 1st Starion ride next week in the mpi car. (not fair as my 1st ride was in a stocker :) )

This is our 1st and we are very excited to be parents.

pics will be ready soon

Dang, I'm a grown man and haven't even gotten to ride in an MPI car......in fact I've only ever had ONE ride in a Palermo Starion!!

Man, I gotta get my quest on the road.

Congratulations though, my son is 7 months now and it truly is the coolest thing to watch him.

He has already spent a little time in the garage with me, working on my Quest!

Many, many, blessings are yet to come to you and your family. Enjoy!!

Congrtas to both you and the wife!

Dad

whooooo. watch using the word wife!! jk, but i appreciate it all guys. I figured i had to tell my family here about the newest sq enthusiast.

thanks everybody. the journey begins

Congrats.

You will soon find that the SQ is the worst car ever for strapping in an infant car seat.

The offset belts in the back make it almost impossible to strap a car seat down so it wont twist around.

It can be done, but leave yourself an extra hour and you will need some extra packing material too. LOL