New header

heefner

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man $1500 bucks thats a real good heavy price, man thats a gt_series turbo with ceramic ball bearing. thats a gt-35 whats the A/R front and back, looking real good, and excellent great work from Chad turbo manifold, i give you 2 thumbs up!! good job chad.

Chad hope this december coming up, if you have any time in building any more sweet turbo manifold like this one from heefner, please man let me know i give you the money, or a deposit for making that turbo manifold, with t4 flange and a external wastegate flange for my external wastegate turbonetics deltagate mark II. thanks man.

oh yes i forgot Chad if you have any spare time that you can make any more turbo manifold just like from heefner turbo manifold made by you, would you consider in making GP purchase turbo manifold made by you. i'm sure there is lots of few people interested in buying your turbo manifold with t3 or t4 flange and may be external wastegate flange. but still man please we will love if you can make few turbo manifolds. for many starion and conquest members including my self. or if you can make a GP purchase.

if you do it. I'm in you can put me in the list. and i will send you a deposit right away to make one for me. thanks man. let me know about it.

Thanks

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/video/stills/star-wars/sw3-92534-r.l.jpg

man i need to get one just like that turbo manifold made by chad, looks super sweet.

Chad if you have anytime in making on turbo manifold just like heefner, please let me know about it. thats a real good looking job you done. Superb.

let me know anytime.

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/video/stills/star-wars/sw3-92534-r.l.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

yep, u can waste alot of cash on a 'mans turbo' if ya like, orrrrr

if ya really dumb, grab yourself a 'girls turbo' - $150-$300 used Holset.

Far tougher, more reliable, internally gated, better response and simply rips 'em up.... dsm, ford guys and the rest of the world have discovered this sassy gal long ago.

Not only a *perfect* match for a 2.6, but best of all... nothing will touch its performance/dollar value for a 400+ street car.

just another option to go on a nice header

But 20g only 11.2 sec proven on a 2.6.... ya, sissy turbo. Get rid of it :)

http://www.turboford.net/ubb/ultimatebb.ph...=2;t=039904;p=1

Far tougher, more reliable, internally gated, better response and simply rips 'em up.... dsm, ford guys and the rest of the world have discovered this sassy gal long ago.

Not only a *perfect* match for a 2.6, but best of all... nothing will touch its performance/dollar value for a 400+ street car.

First of all Rolo ran 3.90's or 4.11 gears and slicks. So that whole 20G thing is not exactly as cut and dry as you evidentally believe.

Secondly who says the Holset turbos are a perfect match?? Where's the dyno runs on a 2.6 to provide more insight?? A Holset is just like a Garrett.

Thirdly we don't have Ford 2.3L motors.

Fourthly I know V8 Slayer ran 12.9's on his 12A and MPI... so are we gunna put that up as the end all be all on the stock turbo..I mean it was proven right?? I mean everyone should be able to run high 12's then on a 12A right??? Sure!

Fifthly I do not see the 20G on any average pulling radical times here. Even Heefners high 12's were ran on a TO4E 60 trim and not a 20G trim.

And lastly, again, we don't have a DSM or Ford, Nissan, or whatever. Comparisons or debates would be better based off of what we run, a 4G54, and not something else. There are turbos that will run awesome on one motor and like crap on another vehicle manufactors motor.

and what turbo are you running?? and what times are you running?? if your talking so much lets see you back everything up.

yeah, mitsu turbos are good, and have done well through the time. but garretts are easier to get ahold of and use.

i'm using an 18g now, but when i'm able to i'm going to be upgrading to a bigger turbo and go with something like a 60-1 or what not.

again, if your talking show us what you can do on these 2.6's(and if you don't have a running car, don't bring it up), and don't be saying what it can do on a dsm. because comparing the 2.0-2.6 is like comparing apples to oranges.

The turbo in the sig was one I was going to use. Full T4 ceramic ball bearing. Since I'm still using it as a steet car I figured I'd go with a smaller quicker to spool unit.

I'll get a pic of the collector inside .

Mike,

I hate these internet squabbles... especially with good guys like u. My only purpose would be in attempt to keep info untainted AND unbiased. Nuthin personal;

I'll keep it on a short leash.

"TALL wrinkle wall DOTs" were used on that run. TALL, know why ? Slower garret efforts have even undergone tranny swaps + gears... yet you're still desperately searching for excuses.

Its blatantly clear that FACTS mean absolutely nothing to you.

Emotions is ALL that matters in your "g54 only" world. How does that help ANY starquester ??

Context of your posts exhibit a very limited knowledge base due to your being totally close-minded.

Holsets are NOTHING like garrets. Where do u get this crap ?

Hell, the hx aren't even interchangeable with the hy series, but u wanna 'sneak' garret in there somehow ? Furthermore, why do u think folks are replacing their garret hybrids ? Doh

Whats a tad bit annoying is to see you constantly take cheap shots a turbo that has gone faster than any other street 2.6 'around here' (on boost only). Even worse than that is you undermine the guys effort simultaneously. Why ? Because one of the sharpest 2.6 dudes I've come accross, didn't choose a dam garret and *you* are clueless about 20g turbos and their capabilities. Ain't cool man.

Mike had a 20G before he got the T4. He speaks from personal experiance that the garrett turbos have more power potential, and the cost per HP is less.

I got a T-4 6 years ago, while Mike was running a 20G, we compared notes on spool times and power curves. I assured him the lag increase was minimal , and the power gains substantial. Mike can easily make comparisons with great authority, cause he's been there-done that.

I will admit, a proppery tuned 20 G is nothing to spit at, I do however feel with equal attention to detail and propper parts matching, a garrett turbo will out shine a mitsu every time $$$ for $$$ and part for part.

So its just a smaller GT35? How much more streetable do you think it will be? I dont know if a GT30 will do exactly what I want. I guess Ill wait and see when you get it running.

The GT35r is smaller than the T-4 in my sig. I think the one in the sig is a T-66. It was also not my turbo, the shop owner was willing to let me use it while he got his car ready. The turbo was purchased from Paul Efantis several years ago. It came off his street supra that his brother now races. (MSP and Lucas oil). The current GT35r isn't an off the shelf item. I talked w/ Harry at Precision Turbo and Engineering and we came up with this combo. It should spool almost as quick as my old 20G setup but it will have twice as much balls and be 4 times more harry. I'm done playing with mitsu turbos.

HAHAHAHA! Man I cant wait to see that beast roll! You better put up some vids. I gather from what your saying that you have a good idea about proper turbo sizing toward our motors. Did you ever look at the GT30R? Im just really unsure on how well it will work with my motor.

Mike had a 20G before he got the T4. He speaks from personal experiance that the garrett turbos have more power potential, and the cost per HP is less.

I got a T-4 6 years ago, while Mike was running a 20G, we compared notes on spool times and power curves. I assured him the lag increase was minimal , and the power gains substantial. Mike can easily make comparisons with great authority, cause he's been there-done that.

I will admit, a proppery tuned 20 G is nothing to spit at, I do however feel with equal attention to detail and propper parts matching, a garrett turbo will out shine a mitsu every time $$$ for $$$ and part for part.

Your the reason I went Garrett... all those maps we went over... ya we spent some decent time comparing things. In fact I still have the emails from years ago. :)

People act like I just spit out crap with no substance to it. :?

Haveing/owning at 20g doesn't mean a whole lot. Won't make you any more knowledgeable about a 20 or exhibit its potential. Proven

Running a garret doesn't mean you'll go any faster. Proven.

I'm not speaking to the "big turbo vs little turbo potential" issue. Neither am I suggesting a 20g to anyone (run whatever ya want)... I'm simply saying that it will go/ has gone faster than MOST of our goals, so why put it down AND hype up 'garret' ? Seems foolish to me.

On the dollar value, the Holset will mash 'em all up imo.

For the MHI vs garret... just for fun, lets say you wanna shoot for mid/lo 11s in a street starquest. A td06/20g-8cm WITH integral wastegate included (= cleaner install), can be had for $699 brand new. Show us a garret "equivalent". So u drop $200 on the gate, now where is this under $500 wonder that can run up to 30+psi AND live, like the mitsu PLUS match its response. I'm all ears.

An evoIII 16g has made over 410whp and 430 ft-lbs tq on a few 4g63s. That turbo costs $550 brand new, wastegate included. Garret GT25/28 variants cost TWICE as much and still can't match its peformance AND response. So much for the 'better value theory' eh.

>>"People act like I just spit out crap with no substance to it."

..I've learned a thing or 2 from u.... but sometimes u do.

-So that whole 20G thing is not exactly as cut and dry as you evidentally believe.

-A Holset is just like a Garrett

-There are turbos that will run awesome on one motor and like crap on another vehicle manufactors motor.

-----------

Thats a sizeing problem, nothing to do with 'garret' as u promote.

ca18 street car, 474 ft-lbs flywhl tq from a measley 1.8L td06/20g

sr20 street car, 440 whp, 20g

2nd gen eclipse, 420A? chrysler 2L (not mitsu), low 11s FWD!

awd full wt. 1st gen dsm, 11.0s

All HEAVY 4cyl street cars, ALL 20g boosted no spray. All VERY fast.

Run the same boost on a 20 thru a g54 and what happens. You tell me.

When you're ignorant to other vehicles ongoings.... you'll never know.

-Thirdly we don't have Ford 2.3L motors.

------------

Wow, what a revelation! Thats rather helpful to know :)

Open your mind... and it will open your eyes. You can learn a TREMENDOUS amount from them on how to make a sohc 4 fly, in a heavy street car. Lonnngggg ago I suggested the 0.63/stageIII/60-1 as a perfect match for a street 2.6, based on feedback from the 2.3 RESULTS. After a few turbos, Tainter wound up with one somehow. Q did also.

You tell me how it performs on the 54.

THAT is called an "intelligent assessment". You can make those when u look around and pay attention to whats goin' on (give a hoot, as u put it).

Some prefer to bury their heads in compressor maps, an often can still wind up with a nice polished turd.

How hard would it be to convert a header from a Mitsu flange to a Garret or whatever flange? I not sure that I'll stay happy with the 20g-06 if I keeping hearing that I can get more from a different setup. I'm going to go with a exhaust header with the rebuild. And I don't want to spend $400+ on a header that I will evenually not be able to use anymore.

Haveing/owning at 20g doesn't mean a whole lot. Won't make you any more knowledgeable about a 20 or exhibit its potential. Proven

Running a garret doesn't mean you'll go any faster. Proven.

I'm not speaking to the "big turbo vs little turbo potential" issue. Neither am I suggesting a 20g to anyone (run whatever ya want)... I'm simply saying that it will go/ has gone faster than MOST of our goals, so why put it down AND hype up 'garret' ? Seems foolish to me.

On the dollar value, the Holset will mash 'em all up imo.

For the MHI vs garret... just for fun, lets say you wanna shoot for mid/lo 11s in a street starquest. A td06/20g-8cm WITH integral wastegate included (= cleaner install), can be had for $699 brand new. Show us a garret "equivalent". So u drop $200 on the gate, now where is this under $500 wonder that can run up to 30+psi AND live, like the mitsu PLUS match its response. I'm all ears.

An evoIII 16g has made over 410whp and 430 ft-lbs tq on a few 4g63s. That turbo costs $550 brand new, wastegate included. Garret GT25/28 variants cost TWICE as much and still can't match its peformance AND response. So much for the 'better value theory' eh.

>>"People act like I just spit out crap with no substance to it."

..I've learned a thing or 2 from u.... but sometimes u do.

-So that whole 20G thing is not exactly as cut and dry as you evidentally believe.

-A Holset is just like a Garrett

-There are turbos that will run awesome on one motor and like crap on another vehicle manufactors motor.

-----------

Thats a sizeing problem, nothing to do with 'garret' as u promote.

ca18 street car, 474 ft-lbs flywhl tq from a measley 1.8L td06/20g

sr20 street car, 440 whp, 20g

2nd gen eclipse, 420A? chrysler 2L (not mitsu), low 11s FWD!

awd full wt. 1st gen dsm, 11.0s

All HEAVY 4cyl street cars, ALL 20g boosted no spray. All VERY fast.

Run the same boost on a 20 thru a g54 and what happens. You tell me.

When you're ignorant to other vehicles ongoings.... you'll never know.

-Thirdly we don't have Ford 2.3L motors.

------------

Wow, what a revelation! Thats rather helpful to know :)

Open your mind... and it will open your eyes. You can learn a TREMENDOUS amount from them on how to make a sohc 4 fly, in a heavy street car. Lonnngggg ago I suggested the 0.63/stageIII/60-1 as a perfect match for a street 2.6, based on feedback from the 2.3 RESULTS. After a few turbos, Tainter wound up with one somehow. Q did also.

You tell me how it performs on the 54.

THAT is called an "intelligent assessment". You can make those when u look around and pay attention to whats goin' on (give a hoot, as u put it).

Some prefer to bury their heads in compressor maps, an often can still wind up with a nice polished turd.

Ignorant... ya that's me.

Who are you to judge what I know about other cars??

You think what you want about turbos... and if you EVER get your setup going with your 20G that makes 4000 HP on a 1.8L then you let all us know.

And ya Kris, I'm done with MHI turbos too. ;)

How hard would it be to convert a header from a Mitsu flange to a Garret or whatever flange? I not sure that I'll stay happy with the 20g-06 if I keeping hearing that I can get more from a different setup. I'm going to go with a exhaust header with the rebuild. And I don't want to spend $400+ on a header that I will evenually not be able to use anymore.

Talk to the T-Racing guys. They seem to have had alot of work with modding them for good flow and multiple footprints.

If I were in your place and not wanting to spend a lot of $$$ at once, I would get the header built with a T3 flange and use an exhaust housing from a syclone/typhoon. Then if you decide to go garret later, you don't have to modify the header. The sy/ty housing flows a lot better than the stocker. At least that's what I did :)

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA0MjY1NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

ADAM