Jump to content

Wow! This place is a ghost town these days!


Recommended Posts

I have not been on here in a while since so many of us are on Facebook and it's just easier to communicate there. The drawback is that you can't categorize or archive information on Facebook so everything just fades to the bottom and vanishes unless you do a deep dive search--and that's if you remember which page/group what you are searching for was in. At least here it's organized and searchable.

It sucks that all the SQC data was lost since 2015 but it is what it is I suppose. Based on my 2000+ post count reduction, I'm guessing more was lost than just the last 8-9 years.

I do miss the days when this site was the hotspot for all of us. Good times... Now, it looks like only a small group of oldheads frequents the site with a few random new folks.

Anyway, I just dropped in to say "Hi". 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's so many people in the Facebook groups, but this place is a wealth of information with write-ups that can actually be found here with relative ease. I've seen a couple guys try to do write-ups in the Facebook groups, but they immediately get lost in all the chatter, so people don't know they exist unless they know exactly what to search for. Want to do my part to keep this place alive, so once I gather the funds, I'm planning to document my restore here.

The upshot to the 2015 crash is that these cars stopped being produced in the 80s lol.

Edited by GoldStar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome back!    I'm mostly just a lurker on FB...it's not really my cup of tea, for many reasons.   

Going to Carlisle this year?   I'm contemplating it; import mainly but possibly Chrysler too.     Also want to get out to the lehigh valley in the spring and possibly meet up with a few members.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Facebook is horrible when it comes to write ups. And looking for cars to buy on the marketplace is really bad too. 

 

Who owns starquestclub these days? Is it ctill Chad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mech said:

Facebook is horrible when it comes to write ups. And looking for cars to buy on the marketplace is really bad too. 

 

Who owns starquestclub these days? Is it ctill Chad?

It is owned by Bob Price aka Ryddler and always has been.

Jimmy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2024 at 3:27 PM, helrazr70 said:

I have not been on here in a while since so many of us are on Facebook and it's just easier to communicate there. The drawback is that you can't categorize or archive information on Facebook so everything just fades to the bottom and vanishes unless you do a deep dive search--and that's if you remember which page/group what you are searching for was in. At least here it's organized and searchable.

It sucks that all the SQC data was lost since 2015 but it is what it is I suppose. Based on my 2000+ post count reduction, I'm guessing more was lost than just the last 8-9 years.

I do miss the days when this site was the hotspot for all of us. Good times... Now, it looks like only a small group of oldheads frequents the site with a few random new folks.

Anyway, I just dropped in to say "Hi". 🙂

Good to see you stop by Chris.  Hope you and the fam are well.  I keep tabs on your random posts on IG.  Keep working on that SQ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, admin_JAinsworth said:

It is owned by Bob Price aka Ryddler and always has been.

Jimmy

ok, guess that had been a rumour floating around years ago. Thanks for the clarification . 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! 

I wish more people would come back here too. Especially the new guys/gals. FB doesn't always give good advice and a lot of what people are asking is already documented here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi!

I do an awful lot of lurking around here and the Facebook pages. Pretty sure I lost my original account in the last website crash, but that's okay. Most of my info searches are done here. It's easier to find what I'm looking for on the forums, assuming the pages still exist. SQC has a wealth of information

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still frequent here, I don't have Facebook and don't want one. There is a lot of info and real enthusiasts here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...