Wow! This place is a ghost town these days!

I have not been on here in a while since so many of us are on Facebook and it's just easier to communicate there. The drawback is that you can't categorize or archive information on Facebook so everything just fades to the bottom and vanishes unless you do a deep dive search--and that's if you remember which page/group what you are searching for was in. At least here it's organized and searchable.

It sucks that all the SQC data was lost since 2015 but it is what it is I suppose. Based on my 2000+ post count reduction, I'm guessing more was lost than just the last 8-9 years.

I do miss the days when this site was the hotspot for all of us. Good times... Now, it looks like only a small group of oldheads frequents the site with a few random new folks.

Anyway, I just dropped in to say "Hi". 🙂

There's so many people in the Facebook groups, but this place is a wealth of information with write-ups that can actually be found here with relative ease. I've seen a couple guys try to do write-ups in the Facebook groups, but they immediately get lost in all the chatter, so people don't know they exist unless they know exactly what to search for. Want to do my part to keep this place alive, so once I gather the funds, I'm planning to document my restore here.

The upshot to the 2015 crash is that these cars stopped being produced in the 80s lol.

Edited by GoldStar

Welcome back!    I'm mostly just a lurker on FB...it's not really my cup of tea, for many reasons.   

Going to Carlisle this year?   I'm contemplating it; import mainly but possibly Chrysler too.     Also want to get out to the lehigh valley in the spring and possibly meet up with a few members.

Facebook is horrible when it comes to write ups. And looking for cars to buy on the marketplace is really bad too. 

Who owns starquestclub these days? Is it ctill Chad?

10 hours ago, Mech said:

Facebook is horrible when it comes to write ups. And looking for cars to buy on the marketplace is really bad too. 

Who owns starquestclub these days? Is it ctill Chad?

It is owned by Bob Price aka Ryddler and always has been.

Jimmy

On 1/31/2024 at 3:27 PM, helrazr70 said:

I have not been on here in a while since so many of us are on Facebook and it's just easier to communicate there. The drawback is that you can't categorize or archive information on Facebook so everything just fades to the bottom and vanishes unless you do a deep dive search--and that's if you remember which page/group what you are searching for was in. At least here it's organized and searchable.

It sucks that all the SQC data was lost since 2015 but it is what it is I suppose. Based on my 2000+ post count reduction, I'm guessing more was lost than just the last 8-9 years.

I do miss the days when this site was the hotspot for all of us. Good times... Now, it looks like only a small group of oldheads frequents the site with a few random new folks.

Anyway, I just dropped in to say "Hi". 🙂

Good to see you stop by Chris.  Hope you and the fam are well.  I keep tabs on your random posts on IG.  Keep working on that SQ.

13 hours ago, admin_JAinsworth said:

It is owned by Bob Price aka Ryddler and always has been.

Jimmy

ok, guess that had been a rumour floating around years ago. Thanks for the clarification . 😁

Hello! 

I wish more people would come back here too. Especially the new guys/gals. FB doesn't always give good advice and a lot of what people are asking is already documented here. 

• Like 1

Hi!

I do an awful lot of lurking around here and the Facebook pages. Pretty sure I lost my original account in the last website crash, but that's okay. Most of my info searches are done here. It's easier to find what I'm looking for on the forums, assuming the pages still exist. SQC has a wealth of information

• Like 1

I still frequent here, I don't have Facebook and don't want one. There is a lot of info and real enthusiasts here. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's good to see Jimmy and am I looking to meet some more SQers as I have moved to CA.

I've missed my SQ!

I joined SQC almost 20 years ago!  Time  passes oh too quickly!

Edited by uconn1150

On 2/6/2024 at 2:10 PM, 860QuestTuner said:

I still frequent here, I don't have Facebook and don't want one. There is a lot of info and real enthusiasts here. 

I felt the same way for a long time, but eventually gave in.  Being on the starion conquest facebook groups has helped tremendously for my projects. you could just get a different  email address just for facebook, and have no personal information on it, and use it only for the starion groups. 

On 2/28/2024 at 8:28 PM, uconn1150 said:

It's good to see Jimmy and am I looking to meet some more SQers as I have moved to CA.

I've missed my SQ!

I joined SQC almost 20 years ago!  Time  passes oh too quickly!

I joined SQC back in i think it was 99 or 2000, when it was nothing like what you see today. I remember people complaining when it went to the new style boards, like what we have now lol. Then everyone got used to it. 

i forgot my login info for my original username after being out of the starion game for a few years, so instead of contacting jimmy, i just made anew profile in 2006. I think my original name was 83starpower from 2002 lol

anyways, the days before facebook and social media, even youtube, man those were the days on SQC!

No, but I am going to bring it eventually!

I had to give away my engine swapped Civic to my brother due to BAR rules although it would have passed emissions.  I am assuming it's due to the F&F movies...😋