kkk k26 from porsche any good?

hunter85

I have a tdo5 with a 16g wheel ok it does fine works good to but I would like to look into large turbos. I came across a {racist} kkk k26 from a porsche 944 he said it has everything I need to hook it up but the flange, I bought it this morning for td05 to t3 flange anyway my question is... Is this turbo good I looked up the specs its a 53 trim wheel capable of 600whp with the rite engine is it worth the trouble to get rid of my old turbo and put this one on or would it be about the same around 14-17 psi if you have ever heard of a kkk turbo please chime in this turbo openings are 3inch from filter and 2 1/2 from charge pipe.

:unsure:

There are a lot of things to consider before just slapping a larger turbo on your car. How will you deal with the needed extra fuel? Is your engine running well enough to even take advantage of the turbo? Does the turbo work like ours does and if not will that cause issues?

Allen

Edited by speedyquest

I dont know much about it so I may not put it on but it seems like a beter turbo. It has a fresh rebuild on it didnt see it on a car. I have never heard of them before that either so reputation may not be that good.... I never heard of a starion before either :)

You need to look up which k26 you have.

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=15595

It's a borg warner turbo. From some of the specs given it looks like it will fall somewhere between a 16g and a 20g. Doesn't seem 600hp capable but it's still an upgrade. Besides the T3 flange you will need to adapt it to your downpipe. The T3 flange is the easy part. You can get adapters from ebay. Just look for DSM flange to T3.

Turbocharger KKK 931 123 002 10 K26-2660 GA 6.10 Compressor cover 5326 100 5104 Compressor wheel 5326 100 6328 Compressor exducer 66mm Compressor inducer 39.6mm Trim 36

I fount this when I typed in the numbers today.. I guess 924 carrera is what it is off of not very good specs on it so eh I wont mess with it thanks for the info. I also fount alot of diesel turbos had the kkk brand back in the day either way it is an old turbo

^ Has to be a euro brand. No one over here would call the company kkk in the us. Reminds me of the time some euro tunning company put out a press release about their latest Audi, code named "project white power" lolz. Edited by Malykaii

lol ^ I agree with him sounds racist as crap. The flange came in yesterday and I have the pipes and oil and coolant lines to match I may throw it on and see what it does. It is just so much larger than the tdo5 housing I cant imagine its a worse turbo has to flow better I would imagine, in size it is 2 times the size of the disco potato on it now lol I will keep you updated to how it runs when on,

Your going to be better off buying a modern turbo if your going to do all the work to go T3. + just using a mitsu to t3 adaptor your not getting be benefit of the t3 flange just blowing though the mitsu flange.

If it was free id say go for it.... otherwise I would send what I got in to a company for rebuild / upgrade.

I ran a k26 off an Audi on my quest.

I went back to a 16g. better response, better top end.

the audi k26 is not a t3, it looks like it though, but it's centimeters off.

Edited by button

I ran a k26 off an Audi on my quest.

I went back to a 16g. better response, better top end.

the audi k26 is not a t3, it looks like it though, but it's centimeters off.

Exactly what I was thinking. I looked into the different footprints years ago and i know that is not T3. Sure it might be a small upgrade, but those porsche's came with a small snail stock too.

that makes me sad panda since I already bought the adapter flange. But I can buy a real turbo now I didnt pay alot for the setup anyway just thought it would be better before I did my research. It is a monster in size comparison only reason I jumped on it. Thanks for the feedback guys... Good advice as always.

put it on and go.if your car is an 88 or 89 should be fine fuel wise.an upgrade vs stock for sure.use it toil ya have the $ for even better since you already buy it and got what needed to install.,if ya blow your engine...just fix it.lol.,not the end of the world.i have an extra engine just incase.lol

^ Has to be a euro brand. No one over here would call the company kkk in the us. Reminds me of the time some euro tunning company put out a press release about their latest Audi, code named "project white power" lolz.

KTM motorcycles uses "WP" suspension on their equipment. Literally stands for "White Power"