custom 16x12" front 7s to be used for the rear.

Technology

John, what size tires are you running on the back of yours? They appear wide and meaty.

Jimmy

I'm rolling 18X10.5 with 285 35 18's in the back..... wish I went with the 305's though. Just didn't know what was going to fit.

You can still buy Hoosiers in 275/45/16, this is what I used to run when I auto-xed. Just did a search and they are still out there. That would be the narrowest tire id put on a 12" rim. But I agree, 16's are fading fast, I was going to put a set of Conquest wheels on my Roadrunner untill I saw how limited tires are getting.

And while it looks cool, there are no tires avalalble wider then a 225 for a 16" rim so IMHO it's totally pointless, ....

LOL what? You need to look harder. People have been saying that for years.

Edited by Fuze

LOL what? You need to look harder. People have been saying that for years.

So your telling me I can go to tirerack or anywhere for that matter and buy my choice in maker, make, and compound of tires... and when I say choice I'm talking the same amount of choices as I have in 18's of 245, 255, 265, 275, 285, 295, 305 and 315's in a 16"...... I think not. Shy of the cheapo tires left over, and a very very few race compounds (and slicks) there are no choices for 16's any more. Ive looked as my turck runs 255 45 16's

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...