Why do we have so many guest users?

ucw458

I usually don't see a need to log in. There's nothing restricted by not logging in, and I only post on like 1 in 500 threads anyway. I'm sure most of the "guests" are members.

That's true...most of the guests are probably members just not signed in.

That's true...most of the guests are probably members just not signed in.

Yeah, but then you don't get to see your PM's if someone's trying to contact you, so you could miss out (like if you have a "wanted" POST) Or,if you say you want something, but then never pay or communicate, you get to be a nuisance to others. But if you just want to be a succubus and drain other's' hard-earned experience and knowledge without even trying or searching, then I guess it's OK.

I don't know what just happened in the last sentence, it's too early and I haven't had my coffee.

Zack K.

I usually check this site at work and once a week we delete the internet files, upon doing that it logs me out of the "remember me" feature and I often forget to re-log back in. The only difference I've noticed is certain pictures require you to be logged in to view them. So, I am guilty of being one of those guests on occasion.

Unfortunately some of the "guests" are information gatherer's. I looked up 3 guest IPs that were viewing profiles; one was Amazon, one was from Canada, and the third was a company in the Netherlands. I would suggest that if you don't want your profile viewed arbitrarily that you block it from public view.

it's the same with most all web sites,, at any one time I-X net will have from 3 to 10 guests on the site with no one sign'd in

3-10 I wouldn't question. Last nite the main page said 14 members and 82 guests. As I'm typing this the main page says 26 members and 89 guests.