Sick of hearing about Zimmerman/ Martin case....

I try not to listen to todays so called "news", it's all biased BS. I've had it with this Treyvon Martin/ Zimmerman case. Sick of the BS spin from "news" reports and sick of the BS from so called "protesters" screaming injustice all the while committing crimes like destruction of private/ public property.

It's amazing that todays "mob mentality" easily spreads through the internet and manifests onto the streets. I was reading a so called "news report" about how one juror planned on publishing a book on her experience and knowledge of the case. Treyvon supporters bombarded the publicist office with calls, emails, faxes etc., forcing them to cancel the book deal.

First thing that came into my head is "why stop the book?" It's coming directly from someone involved in the process, one who heard all the evidence and helped make a choice based on guidelines provided by our legal system.

I have not really paid too much attention to this case, but it's all over the place, so it's hard not to hear about it. I just know I'm sick of it.

I'm sick of it too. I'm sorry that Trayvon Martin lost his life. It sounds like it was an avoidable situation. But the evidence seems to point that if George Zimmerman didnt do what he did, it could well have been Trayvon on trail for the murder of Zimmerman.

Also, if I read one more news story talking about Zimmerman murdering a "kid" I might explode. He was 17. Yes, not an adult by law. But, being a 17 adolescent and a 7 year old kid are two completely different things, and any journalist with any ounce of intelligence is well aware of this.

my question do any of you guys have kids ? and how old , dont worry you wont feel the pain until it hits close to home ,zimmerman killed the kid in cold blood , travon might not have any clue about the stand your ground law , george *************, so he already knew about the stand your ground law ,his father a judge , dead man tells no tale , so thats his defence .that he got attacked first so he could use that as a way out , guess what it worked for him , the jurors was also bias , george father an old judge do the maths ... see what happen to OJ SIMPSON ,years later , every one gonna have their day Edited by JAinsworth
Skirting the language filter

Sick of hearing about it but you post it here to hear more about it.?

From your posts you are sick of hearing about Trayvon supporters...

You should not have posted this at all.

Edited by lionbull

How can someone voice an opinion on the case when they were not in the courtroom during the entire trial hearing all the evidence? Not just the reports that the media gave us. The media can be so one sided that it makes me sick. The jury heard the evidence and rendered a verdict. Period, now we need to move on.

Dad

• Like 2

i was with in 3 miles of where this all went down that day , all i have to say about this is this, if he hadn't been carrying a gun and looking for trouble he would not have had to kill a young man , by his own actions he placed him self in the position to have to fire his gun , no let me rephrase that he had to fire his gun to keep from geting his a** kicked in a fight he started

and when does 6 equal 12 men on a jury of your peers ??

How can someone voice an opinion on the case when they were not in the courtroom during the entire trial hearing all the evidence? Not just the reports that the media gave us. The media can be so one sided that it makes me sick. The jury heard the evidence and rendered a verdict. Period, now we need to move on.

Dad

For sure. And here's the thing. Even if you watched all the court proceedings on TV, you were watching the play-by-play commentary of a biased media outlet. They will give the commentary that supports their bias. If you didn't watch the court proceedings then you just got straight biased info from whatever media outlet you "trust". As much as we all say we want unbiased media, we are all lying. EVERY media source is biased in some way or another. We just choose the media outlet that we each trust more because they are biased towards our personal feelings and morals. So, unless we were there the night of the shooting, or on the jury pool, we really have no clue what went on.

Here's what gets me... Since the shooting, thousands of young black males have died at the hands of other young black males. Why is that not news? Why isn't the black community fighting for justice there? Maybe murder is the violent version of the "N" word... It's OK to do to yourselves, but heaven forbid a white person does it. Not to mention, since then there have been plenty of our military who've died overseas, children abducted and killed, and even some deaths of white people at the hands of blacks. Where's the outrage there?

So why is this big news? Race. No matter how much minorities want equality, they are still super quick to pull the race flag any chance they get. Frankly, I don't think this case had anything to do with race until the media sensationalized it. Only in America can a brown man kill a black man, and the white man gets blamed.

The whole deal is sad. A young man died and he didn't have to. I think both parties escalated the situation to where it ended up and if either party had done one or two things different, then there never would have been a case to start with. This isn't about Blacks, whites, browns, yellows, or even greens... It's about two people who made some stupid choices, and one ended up dead. Maybe they were both good people who got into a bad situation, or maybe they were both idiots from the start. We'll never know.

• Like 1

i was with in 3 miles of where this all went down that day , all i have to say about this is this, if he hadn't been carrying a gun and looking for trouble he would not have had to kill a young man , by his own actions he placed him self in the position to have to fire his gun , no let me rephrase that he had to fire his gun to keep from geting his a** kicked in a fight he started

yup. dude went looking for trouble and killed someone when he found it and got off scott free. if anyone is incapable of seeing the flaw in the justice system, or why people are upset, then it's your own cognitive dissonance preventing you from seeing these events for what they are: legally justified murder of an innocent person.

Oh, and on the mob mentality thing... that really gets me. "We were wronged! Let's go out and hurt people and destroy businesses that had absolutely nothing to do with this case!" If you want the Govt. to know you're mad, hurting innocents won't do anything. They should be protesting by shutting down public transportation, or the economic district of their town. You want the Govt. to take notice? Hit em where it hurts... in the wallet. Or maybe you want "street justice". Of course, that's never good either, but it makes more sense to me to go after Zimmerman, the jury or the lawyers to vent anger rather than be violent to people with no involvement.

Oh, and I have my CCP, and legally carry my gun just about anywhere I go. When I strap it on in the morning, I have no intention of killing anyone. In fact, I hope to never have to go for it, but it's nice to know I can if I need to. I've followed "shady" people in my neighborhood, but it's different here... We're out in the sticks... there's no convenience store to take a shortcut from, and anyone who doesn't live in this neighborhood would have had to travel by car to get here. When I've done it... I won't get out of my car... The Benz has glass that will stop a 9mm round, so I'm safer in it than out of it. When I've talked to them, the first thing I do is inform them I'm armed and ask what they're doing. Most have all had good explanations, so on their way they went. One dude got dropped off on I10 (about 2 miles away)and said he was roaming the neighborhood looking for a phone. I offered to call someone for him, he refused, so I told him there were no payphones for miles, directed him to the closest town with one, then informed him I was calling the cops, so he could find someplace else to go, or wait for them to show up and help him.

Hundreds of times I've strapped on my gun, and I have yet to kill any kids, or even adults.... Black, white or otherwise.

• Like 1

that's kind of how i look at it but now the OP is going to hear more about it.

yup. dude went looking for trouble and killed someone when he found it and got off scott free. if anyone is incapable of seeing the flaw in the justice system, or why people are upset, then it's your own cognitive dissonance preventing you from seeing these events for what they are: legally justified murder of an innocent person.

Sorry but the facts of the case just does not show this ^^^.

I am in agreement with Uncle Ted: http://rare.us/story...nt on Zimmerman

Edited by duckheads

Sorry but the facts of the case just does not show this ^^^.

I am in agreement with Uncle Ted: http://rare.us/story...nt on Zimmerman

lol i'm not even going to get in to this. but teds argument hinges upon SPECULATION

George screams frantically for help as Trayvon Martin pummels his face and head furiously, inflicting damaging and potentially life threatening wounds. Fearing for his life and about to lose consciousness at the hands of an enraged, violent attacker, George Zimmerman does what anyone who wishes to live would do, and he reaches for his concealed handgun, firing a single shot to neutralize the deadly force being wreaked upon him.

'potentially life threatening' . not 'life threatening', therefore , lethal force isn't necessary.

plus, zimmerman was the aggressor, he pursued martin first, zimmerman initiated the conflict by following martin through the neighborhood

he should have at least gotten manslaughter if the death was unintentional but due to the events started by zimmerman.

I'm sick of it as well. Sick of reading the term "mob mentality" on 18 different sites and 377 different posts. Starts to feel like a theme.

I recall unfondly when this stupid ALEC law was passed in Florida and we talked about it then on SQC. It should come as no surprise at all that this happened.

Most noteworthy thing: Nothing has changed in America. Young black men get killed with impunity whether the law is with them or against. It's open season now.

Particularly disgusting: Zimmerman brother decrying the prospect of vigilante justice. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

• Like 1

Here's what gets me... Since the shooting, thousands of young black males have died at the hands of other young black males. Why is that not news? Why isn't the black community fighting for justice there? Maybe murder is the violent version of the "N" word... It's OK to do to yourselves, but heaven forbid a white person does it. Not to mention, since then there have been plenty of our military who've died overseas, children abducted and killed, and even some deaths of white people at the hands of blacks. Where's the outrage there?

With black on black, the criminal is usually prosecuted and goes to jail. Justice is served. So basically a person gets shot/killed and another goes to jail. They don't get off so there is no need to rally against one person because that criminal is punished when they find out WHO DID IT. Oh and when last has a black man killed a white man, got prosecuted and did not go to Jail/prison? What circumstances?

Edited by lionbull

It wasn't illegal for George Zimmerman to be carrying a gun by the way. That is a legal activity. ..If you want to see Zimmerman or anybody else go to jail for 30yrs you need to find them doing something ILLEGAL.

With black on black, the criminal is usually prosecuted and goes to jail. Justice is served. So basically a person gets shot/killed and another goes to jail. They don't get off so there is need to rally against one person because that criminal is punished when they find out WHO DID IT. Oh and when last has a black man killed a white man, got prosecuted and did not go to Jail/prison? What circumstances?

I'd have to disagree with you on this. Black on black often goes unpunished here because no one will step up and testify against one of their "brothers". Their alternative is to reciprocate and thus keeping the revenge cycle going between gangs and/or neighborhoods. The only ethnic group that can stop this is the African-American communities.

Jimmy

• Like 1

I'd have to disagree with you on this. Black on black often goes unpunished here because no one will step up and testify against one of their "brothers". Their alternative is to reciprocate and thus keeping the revenge cycle going between gangs and/or neighborhoods. The only ethnic group that can stop this is the African-American communities.

Jimmy

jimmy, that group represents few but definitely not the majority. When these guys get caught they go to jail. There has been some crappy stuff going on in Chicago with youths killing youths and people are rallying but no one hears about it much.

Edited by lionbull

Lionbull,

But how many get caught? Chicago is off the map with killings. We both know it is being witnessed but no one is stepping up to get the culprits off the street. I don't know the solution, but what is happening to the youth of America needs to stop.

Jimmy

While we are on the crime topic. Middle class blacks do not commit the kinds of crimes/not telling or snitching you are talking about.

The crime epidemic is economically based so they don't happen in working class/middle class black neighborhoods but in impoverished, centralized neighborhoods. It's these small economically depressed communities that are dangerous but people designate that as black neighborhoods. Just to put this in context. So when people talk about black on black crime for the most part, its just crime. It is economically based just like it is in white impoverished neighborhoods.