How did you come up with your Forum name?

Bag-O-Chips

I use jeph_tsi for everything, I hate keeping track of different usernames. I put the ph on my name to make it more unique and less likely to be taken, the tsi is from my first conquest (89 shp fiji that I bought in 96). It was my first car and I drove it for 10 years, I drove the hell outta that car and it never let me down (original engine and turbo made it to 180k, bought it at 65k). I had actually used that as a username before I ever had a conquest or had anything to do with this forum, I used to be absolutely obsessed with conquests in grade school/high school and had a collection of pictures I would take of quests that I saw on the road. when I was 10 (1988) my mom bought a new car, one of the test drives was a conquest and the obsession began, unfortunately she bought a grand prix. Every forum I'm on, my email, and ebay are all either jeph_tsi, or jephtsi (when I can't use _)

I learned how to drive on an auto Mitsu. Starion. My first car was a red 88 Mitsu. starion. I've owned over 17 starquest since the 90s, yes that many, I've lost count. I love Mitsubishi especially the POS starion lol...Die Hard Mitsu. fan.

I don't remember what I used on the old message boards maybe Hman or something similar

So when I signed up on SQC I was consistently looking for Metric wrenches and sockets mixed in with my standard fractional sets, which I had an overabundance of.. so my personal mantra at the time was,,,

"Metric I need more Metric everything is Feign Metric !!!"

About 2003 My son Kreal purchased a silver conquest.. after a few months he had a sputter issue with it ( go figure), He asked if I could look at it,, well I said I have no idea on how to fix these cars or troubleshoot. He said he is a member of starquest club and there is a lot of info there.

So I started posting on his account asking about the running issues. I would sign Dad after my post so people would know it was his Me and not Kreal posting.

Few months and He misbehaves- gets 2 week suspension and Mods say I’m violating policy by using his acct and suggest I open My own account., Well by then most people knew me as Dad…. So Dad it is!

Viktor Vaughn Doom was my favorite character in marvel vs capcom 2, still is in marvel vs capcom 3. I'm also an mf doom fan, he had a bunch of other nick names so I made one up on the spot one day when making my gamertag on xbox since every other alias was taken. Came out to be doomviillain. Nothing special Edited by doomviillain

When I was 13 I was obsessed with Polaris snowmobiles and visited the site polarisman.com quite often. That screen name was already taken on the other site I was registering for so I went with polarisman14 since I'd be 14 the following year...The username just kinda stuck. I'm now 25, still obsessed with Polaris's (even though I ride a ski-doo as well) but I'm the only polarisman14 I know of on the net.

UlrichWolf......

Well, I'm as German as the day is long, and the two words sounded good together.

It's amazing how many people mispronounce it. The most common is uRick, followed by Ul-rich, and it is indeed...UL-rick

I suppose if I change it to UrineWolf it would solve many issues....some folks would be overjoyed, and everyone could remember it, and pronounce it.

Tim

• Like 1

I used to go by my real name till someone spelt Scotty wrong , think it was Jason during a thread about by some dood who thought i built 16g turbos ? , so now its "SOTTY" builder of the famous SOTTY non existant 16G .

A few years ago I woke up one day and decided to buy another quest after 11 yrs of not having one. I tried to get on the site but for some reason I couldn't get a reply back telling me that my account was activated. So, I told my mechanic who's last name is Onofrio about it and he logged on to get some info on the car. He gave me his password and since he never really went on here and I couldn't get on I just kept it, hence the name Ono.

That can pretty much sum up my life the last year as well, everything that I do, or once had can be summed up with the words "OH NO"! Long, long sad story to follow but I'll spare you guys.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to rekindle an old thread, but I originally started out as being called Niko by my latin co-workers.

I'm a big music fan and used to DJ in my younger days in the bar scene. One day we all discussed word origin and meaning...they found out that I'm Russian by blood and changed it to Nikolai (after the composer Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov).

Nikolai eventually turned into Nikolaya (have no idea why).

I just recently changed it to NikoFab (Nikolaya Fabrication) when I started to do fabrication work.

Nick