How did you come up with your Forum name?

Bag-O-Chips

Used the name "GreenCloud" when I played fighter sims years ago. Then changed to "Cloud 9". Then ran into too many forums where that was already taken, so I changed to "Cloud81918", which is just a series of numbers basically playing out 8+1=9=1+8. Stupid, but I've yet to run into another person running that name and the internet is a big place. So if you find Cloud81918 elsewhere it is probably me.

A lot of people think I chose it because there is some character named "Cloud" in Final Fantasy, but I've never even played that game.

Mine is a word in another language very few know, and even less are fluent with.

-Robert

I thought perhaps is was a invented word trying to describe a quality "Come-Upance". A person with the will to get to the top. "That kid has a lot of come-upance." Then you just put some leet-ness by changing to a "K" and doubling up the "p".

Sorry to rekindle an old thread, but I originally started out as being called Niko by my latin co-workers.

I'm a big music fan and used to DJ in my younger days in the bar scene. One day we all discussed word origin and meaning...they found out that I'm Russian by blood and changed it to Nikolai (after the composer Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov).

Nikolai eventually turned into Nikolaya (have no idea why).

I just recently changed it to NikoFab (Nikolaya Fabrication) when I started to do fabrication work.

Nick

AND NOW YOUR THE LEXAN TEXAN

I've been "Cokedoctor" since i was real young....back in the AOL 3.0 days. I was creating a username, and it was a suggestion the computer came up with since I collected Coca-Cola memorabilia. The name stuck, and I use it for 99% of everything on the net. A few years ago, I shortened my name to "Coke" because that's what everyone called me anyway, be it in person, or just on the forum. So, Coke works. It's the real thing.

I've been "Cokedoctor" since i was real young....back in the AOL 3.0 days. I was creating a username, and it was a suggestion the computer came up with since I collected Coca-Cola memorabilia. The name stuck, and I use it for 99% of everything on the net. A few years ago, I shortened my name to "Coke" because that's what everyone called me anyway, be it in person, or just on the forum. So, Coke works. It's the real thing.

Glad you clarified that Justin, I just thought you had a Tony Montana sized habit! Or it was burnt oil/Turbo related :)

-N8

I thought perhaps is was a invented word trying to describe a quality "Come-Upance". A person with the will to get to the top. "That kid has a lot of come-upance." Then you just put some leet-ness by changing to a "K" and doubling up the "p".

Haha, the correct spelling is two p's... so the uber-osity is relegated, but only marginally. Changing words to being with K was goofy stuff my friends and I did over 10 years ago because we were easily amused lol. I first heard the word watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and was immediately enamored by it. A bit old school but I do enjoy archaic superlative verbiage as well as the efficacy.

I play competitive volleyball a couple nights a week. I was lame on originality so "vbrad511" (birthday" came to be. That, and pisspoorshadetreemechanic just took too long to type out every time.

I loved playing volleyball back in college, especially the co-ed games. My friends and I even went around town looking for pick up games haha. Another member on here also throws down, Mstieg I think.

I had Stormhammer username temporarily banned, so I went to make an alternate.

I had been drinking apple Fanta all night. Seriously, I had about 8 empty cans in front of me.

Tadaa.

Fanta-stic, indeed!!

-Robert

Back 10 or 11 years ago when I put my 70 chevelle to the side and bought a dsm and my first quest my buddy Logan (tsi rocket) used to call my dogs and pretty much everyone a Potamus, I was on Tristarion back then as Smiley TSI, but at the beginning of this year I decided I needed to join and not just lurk like I had for years and had to think up some sort of name and Potamus was what I picked.

Anyway my user name was actually given to my by some friends I used to hang out with. When I was a kid I never put on lotion and even though I lived and was raised in humid tail Houston I was still ashy looking all the time and I was skinny as hell. AshyBone was used to make fun of me but I got used to it and started to like it. Eventually I started using it as my graffiti name and I even made an acronym out of it. AshyBone= Artists Styls Has Your Brain On New Emotions. I still tag and do graffiti but now it's all on paper or on legal walls or I do portaits. Edited by AshyBone

I used to go by my real name till someone spelt Scotty wrong , think it was Jason during a thread about by some dood who thought i built 16g turbos ? , so now its "SOTTY" builder of the famous SOTTY non existant 16G .

Didn't you buy my previous sm 16g turbo? The one that was heavily ported in my signature's "parts & work" pics? I always likely that thing - scooted me around as my daily driver for some fun years. Luke Tainter did the port work on that. I wonder where that thing is now?...

Oh, my name is my name, Matt Stieg. Coulda been more original, but I'm the last male in my family with that name due to 3 aunts on my Dad's side (not for lack of Grandpa trying!). I'll find a wifey eventually and keep the last name going. It also relates to me with cars b/c my Dad built his 69 AMX drag car the year I was born and raced it with us ever since. Upper 9 sec. car built simply & with purpose to win bracket races - which he did. The name BOB STIEG was simply displayed on the doors for years. It was later buffed off when he sold the car to an AMC collector and bought it back a few years after when the racing bug bit him.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10168/05.jpg http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10168/01.jpg

LENCO trans and a distinct launch sound that I could differentiate from every other car even when on the back deck across the river from Byron Dragway, in IL. He entered the first year or two when it was a small local thing. Now it's nationally known and people wheelie their cars back onto their roofs! haha http://www.byrondragway.comhome of annual wheelstanding competition. One of the many vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5HFI4S-4U

Edited by mstieg

• 2 weeks later...
I was given my nickname about 10 years ago when I joined the Army. Made friends with a mexican guy and he told me I looked like a Guero. He said we had to change the G to an H though otherwise it would be "way to square a nickname" Anyway, the otherguys in the unit started calling me that too and it stuck ever since then. Ive been using it for forums, DJ'd under that name for a while and all that stuff.