Having a baby and moving to Fort Worth

chiplee

So it has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated the "community" about some major events.

1. My wife is due to deliver our first child (a girl) any day now.

2. We're moving to the DFW area in September to join VMFA-112, the Cowboys.

3. My Conquest count has dropped to 1. Black car sold yesterday to a retiree with big plans.

That is all.

This is a 4D ultrasound shot at 28 weeks

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/BABY_642.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/chipleeiii/BABY_832.jpg

This is the car I no longer have.

http://webpages.charter.net/chiplee/two.jpg

Edited by chiplee

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the congrats dude!

... seriously you need to keep us up to date on this stuff. First it was a girlfriend. Then the marriage. Now a child... :lol:

Were you always a reserve unit, or is this in light of current affairs of being a father?

Best of luck!

Edited by Fanta

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the congrats dude!

... seriously you need to keep us up to date on this stuff. First it was a girlfriend. Then the marriage. Now a child... :lol:

Were you always a reserve unit, or is this in light of current affairs of being a father?

Best of luck!

I'm active duty. Reserve units always have active duty staff. The whole thing is a good fit for family though, good location, good job. I wasn't expecting to get another 3 year flying job since I'm wrapping up a killer 3 year flying job, but I'll take it. Any time you can be in a squadron is time well spent. This job will get me within 4 years of retirement, so probably just one more move after this and I'm done.

Oh and to the person who asked, we have names picked, but we probably won't decide 'til we see her.

Thanks all.

Edited by chiplee

Congrads to you both , so your about ready for one of the bigest steps in your life huh :) you just think you are :)

be sure to get some extra sleep now theres going to be a few weeks you won't have much ;)

oh and they do not come with a manual so you'l have to wing it ;) just like all parents have

Chip, congratulations!

Maybe once you get settled, I will point the car down to Fort Worth for a day, and we will have lunch or something.

Tim

That would be awesome man. Plan on it.

congrats

she looks just like you

I hope not, but it's really hard to tell at 28 weeks. She looked completely different at our last ultrasound. The only thing I can tell so far is that she has "our" lips.

I stopped caring what the baby looks like a long time ago. Just glad we're seeing all the right parts and everything is proceeding without complications.

Great news Chip. Congrats to all 3 of y'all. Hopefully, she'll favor her mother http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Jimmy

LOL momie's looks and a turbo charge'd walker ;)

I'm active duty. Reserve units always have active duty staff.

Congrats on all the success in you and your wife's life.

And if you ever find yourself at the AFRC in Bossier City LA outside Barksdale AFB, know that one of your fellow Questers furnished it for you guys. I've spent the last month putting $700k worth of furniture in there. I've only seen B52s and A10s flying around, so don't think you'll be out that way much.

I know that moving flat out sucks and hope the move and transistion goes smoothly for y'all. I'm sure you're used to moving a lot what with being in the military, but having to move a whole family just makes the logistics more difficult.

Welcome to TX. Maybe we can get a chance to meet up for a drink or two sometime.

Welcome to TX. Maybe we can get a chance to meet up for a drink or two sometime.

Looking forward to it

I know that moving flat out sucks and hope the move and transistion goes smoothly for y'all. I'm sure you're used to moving a lot what with being in the military, but having to move a whole family just makes the logistics more difficult.

They make it pretty painless for us. It can be as simple as telling the movers where we live and where we're moving to and they come make it happen. Usually it's a two day pack and one day load, but it's all done professionally while we watch. No need to lift a finger. You just call them when you're in your new place and they bring your stuff the next day, unpack it and place it. Or you can opt to do it yourself, or a portion of it, and get paid by weight. I've done A LOT of full do it yourself moves, including one 12,500lb move that I did completely single handedly... that's pack and load a 26 foot van, drive 28 hours in a van that wouldn't go over 40mph, unload, and unpack, alone. I think this one will be a small partial DIY and that's it, maybe 1000lbs of personal items in the truck and X5.

Edited by chiplee

Congrats on all the success in you and your wife's life.

And if you ever find yourself at the AFRC in Bossier City LA outside Barksdale AFB, know that one of your fellow Questers furnished it for you guys. I've spent the last month putting $700k worth of furniture in there. I've only seen B52s and A10s flying around, so don't think you'll be out that way much.

Sweet. You never know. I make my way to a lot of air force bases.

Congratulations! My wife and I had our first child last year (he turns 1 next month). I can honestly say it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. EVERYTHING changes - for the better. ;) I just hope I don't screw up the most important job I've ever had...

Nice wedding pics in the other thread, too. Way to go!

Ken B.