Who are the REAL mods of SQC?

Coke

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my 5 or so years on this site i've never once seen a topic that needed moderation. although sometimes things do need to be moved or deleted, and since we as members can't move or delete our own threads (which might be a good idea) we definitely need mods who are here alot. jimmy and chad and tim are definitely at the top of the list for people i see doing a lot of work or at least checking most threads.

I think what would be a great idea...as other forums have this particular format that I'm about to touch on is...

Let's elect a few moderators, to moderate a specific Section/Subject. This subject only, is would be their sole responsibility.

For Example:

Ulrich Wolf, Dad, and others who have previously proved their knowledge in specific fields of diagnosis/technical help/expertise/repair, can be one of the Technical Section Moderators.

.......And so on & so forth.

There are plenty of other forums whom I belong to follow this format, and it works out beautifully. Specific people have a specific responsibility, and that's their business.

What do you all think about that? (this means you too, mods/admins....please voice yourself)

Justin

I've been thinking about this topic for over a year now...and I wasn't even sure if I should even bring it up or not, for fear of being shunned and stoned. But, I've been noticing that we have Administrators and Moderators of SQC.

Administrators:

Ryddler

JAinsworth

Ernie88TSI

Moderators:

APalmer

Boosted_One

Chad

kev

KO

mikec

MontyTSi

SQF

Tim_C

Now, those of you reading, how many of you have never heard of at least one of these people? I'm not pointing any fingers, because some of the people on the list ACTUALLY DO the work they have been elected to perform, by the Administrators. But to be fair, more then half, DON'T.

I know a lot of you agree, the list might need some cleaning up.

By no means is this a call-out....I am just concerned that some people just don't qualify to hold "office" anymore. Hell, some haven't owned a SQ in years, nor have they logged in, in quite a long time. As a Supporting Member of StarQuestClub.com, I feel that we might need some fresher, newer blood that's all. I will say, that Jimmy Ainsworth does most of the work. Maybe if we got some new blood in office, we can take some of the load off him.

AGAIN, please don't get mad at me...this is not a call out, Im not pointing fingers at any one person in particular, I'm only suggesting something.

Also...this shouldn't get deleted by a mod or admin....unless your insecure with something. I wanna see what others feel about this.

Justin

Just look at it this way. Every time you post, think that everyone that responds to it is a moderator.So,if you watch what you post........ That will keep you out of trouble ;)

CALIBER 308

Just look at it this way. Every time you post, think that everyone that responds to it is a moderator.So,if you watch what you post........ That will keep you out of trouble ;)

CALIBER 308

I'm not going to turn this into an argument, because this thread is NOT the place for it....but you really aught to take your own advice. That's all I'm saying. PM me if you have a problem with that ;)

I'm not going to turn this into an argument, because this thread is NOT the place for it....but you really aught to take your own advice. That's all I'm saying. PM me if you have a problem with that ;)

Justin, I think Cal was addressing the board in general and saying if everyone would think about what they posted there would be less need for moderating.

Jimmy

what is it that makes you feel so strongly that we need a bunch of new moderators? as just_paus said, if the current mods need help, i'm sure they could name a group of folks that they would feel comfortable asking to help shoulder the load. it seems like you are really pushing this...what is the end-result that you want to see with your proposed changes? tighter control of threads? less tech stuff in BS? what is bugging you?

Justin, I think Cal was addressing the board in general and saying if everyone would think about what they posted there would be less need for moderating.

Jimmy

Jimmy,

Thanks for explaining my post to Justin.Just to expand a bit on what others are saying: If a member asks for help on the VM or AVM forums they get helpful information. So,I really don't see the need for much, if any moderation there. Now, on the B.S. Forum....That is the place that really needs it with some of the posts i've read. Seems like the help forums (VM and AVM) kind of run themselves.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

i have told jimmy many many times he needs more help

i think it should be a requirement if your a mod that you have too be on the boards to help at least twice a week (unless something bad is going on in your life)

just my 2.6 cents worth

what is it that makes you feel so strongly that we need a bunch of new moderators? as just_paus said, if the current mods need help, i'm sure they could name a group of folks that they would feel comfortable asking to help shoulder the load. it seems like you are really pushing this...what is the end-result that you want to see with your proposed changes? tighter control of threads? less tech stuff in BS? what is bugging you?

Other moderators don't ask for help because they aren't even around.

I feel that we, as Starquest enthusiasts should consider ourselves fortunate to have this site, period. To me,and i'm sure to others, it makes no difference what so ever what members are listed as moderators, how much time they spend on the site or anything else. If some don't like the way things are done here you have options,like starting your own site.

Bill

I feel that we, as Starquest enthusiasts should consider ourselves fortunate to have this site, period. To me,and i'm sure to others, it makes no difference what so ever what members are listed as moderators, how much time they spend on the site or anything else. If some don't like the way things are done here you have options,like starting your own site.

Bill

+1...

Nicely said

Quite a few members on this site are level minded individuals, well, at least when it comes to their postings.:lol: I've seen posts that were out of line or offensive get corrected by other members without the moderator(s) having to jump in. I think for the most part, members who have been on here for a while know the rules and can pitch in when it comes to moderation by setting things straight when it goes wacked. If it becomes beyond their level of control then just hit the "report" button. Edited by DieHARDmitsu.

I think everybody missed my suggestion on Page 3.

I saw it, and I think everyone else did.

But, unless the mods want to run with that idea and decide who they want to moderate what, then it won't go anywhere.

Nominations are a good idea, but maybe the Admins want to make their own decisions.

"I think everybody missed my suggestion on Page 3."

No one truly knows everything about anything so it wouldn't be the greatest thing to have 1 or 2 people moderate a specific section of the forums. Even though Starion and Conquest are all the same, our method of building, doing swaps, modding are totally different.

A few weeks ago, I had a thread on "piston ring end gaps" some of the "advanced" members had conflicting things to say on that topic. What works for me might not work for you so who is to say who's right or wrong? But I do agree, having more active moderators will be a good thing than having one person carry the load most of the time.

what is it that needs all this moderation attention ???

it's not the job of any mod or admin to answer questions about vehicle performance or repair , the site is ment to be people helping people it's not an information for $$ site

what that means is some things the answer you get may not be the one you want to hear , and even if it's the right answer you don't have to do as told ;)

you can always wait for the answer you want

Bill

lolz, how's that humble pie taste ;)

On a side note, why is this thread still going? All it is doing is stirring the pot so to speak. And people are raising their hands wanting to be a mod like that's ever gonna happen. Sadly alot of people's secret motivation for wanting to become a mod is to have power over other members.

I do not want to be a mod and I think this site is doing fine just the way it is.

On a side note, why is this thread still going? All it is doing is stirring the pot so to speak. And people are raising their hands wanting to be a mod like that's ever gonna happen. Sadly alot of people's secret motivation for wanting to become a mod is to have power over other members.

+1

Edited by Burton

I do not want to be a mod and I think this site is doing fine just the way it is.

+2

Bill

Amen Brother Bill

Nice to see you back, active and civil ;)

Justin, heck of a hornet's nest you stirred up. So what on God's green Earth did you think was going to happen? :P

Edited by psu_Crash