721 hp conquest video

eipquest

everthing isn't a given or you would have already produced these kind of numbers, and the car is no were on the same level as yours

I think he was purely referring to the fact that both he and you both have 2500rpm of full boost. I don't think he was comparing power or speed in anyway.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everthing isn't a given or you would have already produced these kind of numbers, and the car is no were on the same level as yours

This is what I meant:

I think he was purely referring to the fact that both he and you both have 2500rpm of full boost. I don't think he was comparing power or speed in anyway.

So, "rank," Just lighten up. Are you the owner of the car? Is the OP the owner? Someone enlighten me on the head setup, I'm curious. And when i said everything else was a given, I mean that I know you are using a huge turbo, a nice manifold, nice intake manifold, and some kind of meth or vp import or something like that. I know what it takes to make a 700+ whp car, but guess what? My car makes 300 and I can drive it on the street and put in fuel from ANY gas station. I want to see you take that car on a 1600 mile road trip without a support vehicle. Don't get mad because you're on the internet.

Was that all with Turbo only what Psi and I would say that's great power range for the drag way. rev it up and dumb the clutch :) it will stay right in the power band for sure when you drag race your not messing with any lower then 4500K I don't think my car every got below that and I was only shifting at 6250 with a high rev motor like they got there you sure to stay right in the power range all the time.

I like it alot!!!! Keep up the good work. some time..... I will finish my drag car.

Was that all with Turbo only what Psi and I would say that's great power range for the drag way. rev it up and dumb the clutch :) it will stay right in the power band for sure when you drag race your not messing with any lower then 4500K I don't think my car every got below that and I was only shifting at 6250 with a high rev motor like they got there you sure to stay right in the power range all the time.

I like it alot!!!! Keep up the good work. some time..... I will finish my drag car.

when you gona finesh it ;) :biggrinumbrella1:

darn sand bager :biggrinumbrella1:

Tech. Rank is the owner and has been for along time. The car was street driven for along time. I am not sure if he still does. I have considered this car the fastest 2.6 liter powered Starquest for awhile now.

Rank congrats on the great numbers. I would love to see some vids of the car making some passes.

I think you took his words wrong. He meant he knows pretty much what it takes to get the rest of the engine to produce. He is just wanting to know how the head is set-up.

I applaud your efforts! Great build! I've been saying hi-rpm is where it is at for years, but haven't got much support. My measley TBI set-up runs 7500+ RPM too. I have over 20K miles on it and it is as strong as the day I built it.

A true race engine does what that run did on the dyno. After the torque curve noses over, the HP curve continues up steeply. Without that, you won't win races.

This is what I meant:

So, "rank," Just lighten up. Are you the owner of the car? Is the OP the owner? Someone enlighten me on the head setup, I'm curious. And when i said everything else was a given, I mean that I know you are using a huge turbo, a nice manifold, nice intake manifold, and some kind of meth or vp import or something like that. I know what it takes to make a 700+ whp car, but guess what? My car makes 300 and I can drive it on the street and put in fuel from ANY gas station. I want to see you take that car on a 1600 mile road trip without a support vehicle. Don't get mad because you're on the internet.

The head on the car is just about stock execept for the springs and some mild port work actually more like a clean up in the ports and thats it, and the cam is a mild cam from schnider nothing special ,and to reply to 1600 mile road trip comment , show me a post where it was claimed that we could or gave a crap about taking a road trip with that car , if I want to go on a road trip we will take one of our nice comfy suv's . ooh and we can run pump fuel in our cars all day long we will just only make 550 or so at the weels thats all.

The head on the car is just about stock execept for the springs and some mild port work actually more like a clean up in the ports and thats it, and the cam is a mild cam from schnider nothing special ,and to reply to 1600 mile road trip comment , show me a post where it was claimed that we could or gave a crap about taking a road trip with that car , if I want to go on a road trip we will take one of our nice comfy suv's . ooh and we can run pump fuel in our cars all day long we will just only make 550 or so at the weels thats all.

HAHAHA!!! I knew it was a small schneider, just couldnt remember which one. Very good reply to the road trip comment. dont know what he was thinking with that..... Anyways well done again. Was he sprayin that? Also what has been done as far as the oil system goes for the higher rpms? Or is it stock lubricating system.

Rob, have you done anymore since your 430whp dyno pull? Would like to stay up on that setup.

You and rank should come over to 26liter.us.

phil

This is what I meant:

yes i am the owner shoeing the car , and the car will out perform most on pump gas, Rob and I are easy to get along with we just can't stand someone hateing on us for what has cost us alot of money to learn. yes , there are some inperfections but i'll work them out after the car performs real well again. We have no problem giving any info on how to get there. we could put a mostly stock car that at least has pistons in the low 12's all day long and good in the 11's with a little spray,You'd be shocked how easy and cheap.

yes i am the owner shoeing the car , and the car will out perform most on pump gas, Rob and I are easy to get along with we just can't stand someone hateing on us for what has cost us alot of money to learn. yes , there are some inperfections but i'll work them out after the car performs real well again. We have no problem giving any info on how to get there. we could put a mostly stock car that at least has pistons in the low 12's all day long and good in the 11's with a little spray,You'd be shocked how easy and cheap.

Sounds sweet you should start a new thread stating the details and methods used to get those kinds of number. I know it will help get these cars the recognition they deserve.

Tim, can you explain your 7500rpm work?? HD valve springs... annnnnnnd...??

-Robert

Of course everything is balanced.

I lightened the rods by shaving the beams like any serious build should have. It removed about 130 grams each, which isn't all that much, but is significant and also strenthens the rod. Along with forged JE pistons to lighten it up even more, and fairly light pins. The standard JE pin is lighter than the Wiseco standard, but Wiseco has the super light pins you can get that are even lighter.

I did remove the excess block casting in the #3 crankcase area. That helps with more crankcase volume, but is not essential.

The crank flashing was removed/smoothed out.

The main journal oil holes were enlargened for better oil volume through the crank. All of the crank work is what TEP does to their 'Race Prepped Crank'. Lightening the wieghts and or knife edging helps too, but then you run the risk of the engine being able to rev too fast for it's own good. So a throttle happy owner who likes to rev in neutral can blow it up if they aren't careful. If you blip the throttle too fast, the oil film can not be replentished fast enough to keep up.

The block mains were line honed.

I do run a Fidanza, but that isn't essential either. I recommend lighter than stock.

Other than that, I just have simple mods to get the engine to breathe up there. I didn't have the money to support a large turbo, so I went with a cam that will run high RPM and a turbo that will not inhibit high RPM. I have a bell ported 17C at 12PSI boost. The fuel system can support 18PSI max now. A large turbo with higher boost will pull just about any cam to high RPM. I just don't have the mods in place to run the big turbo yet. I have all the parts. I just need to get 'er done! My goal is 450 HP at 7,000RPM and under 22 PSI boost. Engines just don't last as long when going much over 18PSI no matter how well tuned. I figured I would prep the long block to kill at low boost and TBI so if I ever do get a bigger turbo, header, and injection, etc..., it will be that much more killer. I never want to lose streetability because I can't afford something that can't be driven once in a while, and I can't afford to keep rebuilding either. I'm just a poor boy! I want to drive it and I need it to last.

thats all good info Tim, but the trick would be in actually making the power up there.the only person ive seen do this other than rank is pagemo but he also blew his motor apart while doing so.

I've been saying hi-rpm is where it is at for years, but haven't got much support.

why ? because not a single dyno and et.... may as well say it in arabic or latin.

Most rather not stray from tried & proven G54 recipees. Cost$$$$ chasing "theory"

Rob and I are easy to get along with we just can't stand someone hateing on us for what has cost us alot of money to learn.

exactly the sentiment I've echoed around here for a long time.

Many will disregard facts in favour of pushing their 'philosophy' on what makes a G54 quick. Quite a few have shared their hard work, detailing their proven 12 & 11sec street 2.6 combinations over the years.

I know it will help get these cars the recognition they deserve

seriously.... of what value is that ? who cares what anyone thinks of starquests ?

but the trick would be in actually making the power up there

yep, and discovering how many starquest applications would such a drastically altered torque curve be suited to realisticlly.

only person ive seen do this other than rank is pagemo but he also blew his motor apart while doing so

what exactly failed ?

didn't FIP also post his "non-traditional" hi rpm 2.6 tq curve also ?

Dunno if it took the same 42psi to make 600hp as an earlier dyno showed tho

Chis and Rob, Thanks for the info you guys shared with me on the phone. Hope to have my drag car running soon. These guys have alot of knowledge with these cars. Back in the day they were doing amazing things on just TB. Lets not piss these guys off and we can all benifit from thier experience. :aj: