Hey guys, might be MIA for a bit(UPDATE)

Mazarin

Good morning all. I'm writing to you from my lovely 5th floor window bed. I ended up in the ER last night due to shortness of breath, substantial chest pressure, and the inability to swallow w/o immence pain. I'm going in for a CAT scan today to see what's up, but my doc says I could be here for a while. I apologize for any inconvinience to those interested in my Durban, and ill do my best to reply to any questions asap.

If you pray, I'd appreciate a prayer or two. Thanks guys.

Edited by Mazarin

Remember......the better you get, the uglier the nurses are. I learned a long time ago, that if you're rushed in, and knocking on the door, that the nurses are smoking hot.

If you're a couple of days from getting released, and feel like you can dance a jig, I promise, you'll have a nurse that is just the most awful thing.

So....here's hoping you have butt-ugly nurses, buddy!

Tim

I wish you well man, i had the exact same symptoms on the way to a Jimmy meet a last year. i thought i was having a heart attack. after scans and tests it turns out to be acid reflux. really bad acid reflux. if i miss taking the meds for even a day or two i have feeling come on like i'm going to die. hope it's something this simple for you too. get well bro.

I wish you well man, i had the exact same symptoms on the way to a Jimmy meet a last year. i thought i was having a heart attack. after scans and tests it turns out to be acid reflux. really bad acid reflux. if i miss taking the meds for even a day or two i have feeling come on like i'm going to die. hope it's something this simple for you too. get well bro.

Coming to a meet here will cause such things to happen. Even though most don't get the acid reflux until after the meet :)

Maz, hang in there. Anything we can do to help, just speak up.

he he it can be funny last april i had the same thing ,call'd the doc he says well go on over to the hospital,, i did,took me right in gave me a bed then ah you have a bad heart we got to put in a pace maker,,a few hours and a lot of pain later i have a pace maker whoop-ie ,then this doc says man you got poor circulation in your left leg,,me> no crap i have been telling them the same thing for years,, ok off for a stint in left leg artery ,

so now we're up to aprox $60,000.00 and still nothing done about the reason i was there,,2 days later i go see the stomach doc , after i wake up he says,, ok found the problem "ulcer" and walks off

they did nothing for the ulcer for 30 days and then it was nothing more then a few pills

:rolleyes: doc's sure wish we had medicne men still :)

"I ended up in the ER last night due to shortness of breath, substantial chest pressure, and the inability to swallow w/o immence pain. I'm going in for a CAT scan today to see what's up, but my doc says I could be here for a while. "

If you pray, I'd appreciate a prayer or two. Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear that . My Dad had similar symptoms about three yrs ago a little after midnight ..... rushed to ER and within 1 hr having two stints put in ...... doing fine now. Hope everything works out for you . I will keep you in my prays .

Hey folks. Made it back home late yesterday.

All is pretty much ok now. Had to do some awful tests(like drinking a fizzy substance and Barium on a rotating xray machine. Good God that was hell) but it looks like I had some virus that was inflaming my esophagus, causing that to back up and constrict, and screwing up my breathing. I'm not out of the woods yet as I'm still on a steady diet of pudding, but the worst of it seems to be over.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'm currently replying to the PMs about the Durban, so thanks for your patience on that as well!

Eric.