StarQuest Beach Bash "Oct 3rd - 4th - 5th"

ATCLen

Hi Everyone

OK Updated "NEW DATES FOR THE BEACH BASH" 9/4/08

I will Call the Motel to let them know the New Dates..... Oct 3rd-5th

Vic and I are hosting a SQ Beach Bash on "Oct 3rd - 4th - 5th" on Lake Moultrie/Tail Race in Moncks Corner SC.

The lake has dropped , and there is No Water. So we will host it on the river. For Rooms I have setup are in town By the river.

You can call the Berkeley Motel # 843-761-8400

Tell them you are with "The Starquest Club"

There regular rate is 99.00.... The SQ rate is 66.00 plus tax

If there is a Problem drop me a line I'm take care of it !!

We will be in the river on a Pontoon and a Ski boat , If you would like to ski or ride.

I do have two jet ski's for that day also..

Very nice parking lot down to the water where we will cook out. I think vic and I are going to do BQ a hog. I would like

to take pic's of everyone by there car and a group photo. Axus will play that night for the Starquest show and " The one and only A.J.

" Sorry I had to do that "..

For the members that don't now us . I'm the guy without my Quest at PF08 and couldn't keep my hands off Randy's car !

Vic and I play in a band called AXUS for some time now ( over 12 year's) . Here is the website address.

www.AXUSROCKS.com

www.myspace.com/axusrocks.com

P.S. Jimmy, Wayne has to come with you !!! That is from the Boss (Vic)

A Sad note. a very close friend of mine passed. He was going to give us high speed runs down the river in a

35 foot Cat twin Big block Super Charged MerCruser . top speed around 132 mph.

I love him and I'm going to miss him..... Len

Edited by ATCLen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Sounds great ! I got a call back today on something I've been working on. We might get a Beach House to use for that weekend.

2 block down with its on beach. A friend of mine. He is going out of town that weekend and not going to use it. If not I might check

on getting one . I think it will be less money. I'm still open for any input. If we stay in town the man that does all my welding on my

car said I can use his private beach and dock. It has a nice cook house 40 x 40 sandy beach. For Free !!

Len

I have to come to Beaufort one last time before I head to California, but I'm coming in the beginning of August. I'll be checked in to the new squadron in China Lake by labor day. Bummed, but can't do it.

Wife and I are thinking of a trip just after labor day- looking at virginia or Myrtle beach.

Maybe at least a stop for us?

Dad

I was already adding my name, then remembered my boys second B-day party is that weekend. Sorry Vic and Len. It would have been such an easy sell to the wife with her family already living in Summerville too :(

If the dates change, give me a call. I'm sure almost any other time would work.

Edited by jonboyb

hmmmmm, this is awfully short notice and just after p.f. and ive got a mini truckshow this weekend. add to that funds are horribly low. im gonna have to ride the fence on this one. if work shows up maybe. likely i wont be in a quest. may have to come in the mmm, or might even humor the thought of bringing the gf and come in her car.

we need to get some of the guys up from FL and tell them it's ok if they come to a meet that ISN'T in FL. LOL!

it actually might be a little bit less busy the weekend after Labor Day. there will be a LOT of traffic on the roads that weekend.

Edited by Truth

Hi Everyone

I know it is at the last moment. So if a different date is better and we can all agree. That is fine. But remember the water will get cold sooner or later and

what is a SQ beach bash w/o water and a Beach. The reason I pick the cabins is to help cut cost. They don't care how many people me have there as long

as every body gets along and dont mine a room mate. It has a pave road up to 150' from the cabin then dirt. At the cabins nice Grass sport on the seawall

w/ afew trees were we will have a beach party and park the cars. There is also a small beach just left of the cabins and afew docks. If you like to cat fish

Good fishing off the docks at night. Bream or Bass early in the moring off the rocks. So bring a reel. Will have to look out for DNR dept. hardly ever

see them there. So talk it over

Lets set on the dock Drink, eat ,and talk some Car's. I will check back later. If any Question you can PM me.

Also still working on other spots ( all with in 10mins of each other will update)

thanks

Len

Hmmm....fishing eh? I like to catch 'em and cook 'em while it's fresh. Maybe a little sushi action.... :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm bringing the 540 and passing thru your way, let me know if you want to ride over with me and or us. Directions are putting us thru Atlanta, might need to leave a day early, quite a few distractions in that city for a single man! :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm bringing the 540 and passing thru your way, let me know if you want to ride over with me and or us. Directions are putting us thru Atlanta, might need to leave a day early, quite a few distractions in that city for a single man! :hmm3grin2orange:

Dang foo, now I'm very tempted. We'll see when the day get close....If so, I'm leaving the lady at home. :biggrinumbrella1:

coming through atlanta? that means you'll be coming by my way... lemme know what times and stuff i might caravan up there with ya