Ok... this is getting rediculous!

speedyquest

I know people tend to guess the wrong car when they think they know what a Starion/Conquest is but this is getting nuts. The last month I can't count the number of times random people have asked me about my Delorean lol.

What is up suddenly with all the guesses being Delorean?!

You should hear the comments about the 914. "Nice Ferrari" "What year did Lamborghini make those" "Nice Fiat"

My favorite is at a gas station with both the front and rear trunks open.... "where the heck is the engine?"

Dude, when I go out in the gen1 Montero I get Isuzu, Suzuki samurai, and land rover.

One guy had a dodge raider one. He put on land rover badges. He crossed the border, gets stoped. Car looks like/is labeled land rover yet the registration says dodge. Officer then looks at the vin tag and it says made by mitsu.

I say roll with it next time.

I see it as Mitsubishi didn't leave a distinct image or mark during the 80s, so no body noticed or remembered their products.

I see it as Mitsubishi didn't leave a distinct image or mark during the 80s, so no body noticed or remembered their products.

I don't know about where you guys live, but in the day when these things were new, I never saw one in my neck of the woods. Had I not gotten to ride in one in '88, I'm sure they would be a long lost memory. I don't think I've seen one on the road in the last 15 years and I travel a lot for work.

I never heard of the starion. Only reason I have any interest in anything Mitsu is my mom bought a Montero back in 89. That nostalgia led me to buy one. Then all the 4x4wire guys were doing turbo swaps from... Stations. First time I ever heard of it.

Ive gotten a good one from a bunch of hot girls in a cab last year! I was going downtown and said, HEY! Nice Fiero!!!!!

I must say i was quite insulted... But they were hot lol.

I've been getting the mustang comment alot lately. Especially now that I have some 5 spoke wheels on my car that are more like mustang style. When the hull did mustangs come with flip up headlights!? Lol

It is.

Went to the parts store tonight to pickup some gaskets I ordered earlier. Thought I'd get a brake reservoir cap while I was there. As soon as I said Conquest the counter guy lit up and said: "Is that the ones that talked? I had a turbo one." He went on to tell me his was a dark grey color and he wrecked it but really liked them. Having his exact car out in the parking lot was pretty ridiculous. :excl:

BTW, they couldn't even find the brake reservoir cap in the computer. Pity.

I got celica a couple times today on power tour. I actually had a guy ask his buddy is that a conquest or a supra? And he said that's a supra. How have you heard of a conquest but not recognize it when you see one!? Lol

BTW, they couldn't even find the brake reservoir cap in the computer.  Pity.

Gallants have the same cap. only the better white one.

Had delivery guys ask me how my porsche ran.... porsche.... really...

That must be it. Every time I hear porsche my brain immediatly goes to 911. an 85 is on my bucket list. that may be why.lol
  • Like 1