way back machine

Shelby

I remember that cow catcher airdam.

I tried to remember his name all week end and could not , but I sat down at my pc and

there it was , I hate that , and I had the same problem at least a 100 times over the

meet , but things are what they are , we do what we can with what we have :)

Edited by Shelby

What about WelderWiz

best Vac Lines EVER!

yep another good one ,now the guy in ohio that did the drag racing thing big time ,, heck I bought my

auto trans from him ,, he was up around Dads area seems like he was in the process of moving about

the same time , one of my bro's drove up and picked it up and then delivered it to me at X-mas time

he was one of the first to do a rear gear swap 4:22's if I recall it right

question some where I heard the name BigJohn was at the meet ,, last I heard BigJoh was the name of

the member that bought my ol truck from Jimmy , if this was the same guy i'l be kicking my own tail for ever for not following up on what his problem was with it :(

while on the subject , there was a truck load of names I wanted to spend hours spending shooting the

bull with on a one on one , but there wasn't that much time for , that is my one regret about this

meet,,, other then for getting my hat

lol Scotty this is a health up date for you lol my face head and even my ears hurt SUN BURN

florida boys too stupid to remember to bring hat or TX just has no trees ;)

the wife had to get my crutches for me to make it from the car into the house :) and I'm still on

them lol

but my lungs were great the entire time I was there . no blood no pain nothing , all my life I have heard about people having to move out west because of their health but didn't really be leave it

;) but I enjoyed every min of it , I really need to run and buy a lotto ticket , both flights I :)

I was truly looking forward to meeting you after all these years

Yeah! I met Tainters when they came all the way to race at Byron, IL. Let me try their slicks for better launch but mine didn't have the pep at that time to take advantage.

Later spend quite some time with them doing full susp. bushing kit, brakes, susp/springs, etc. Later returned for MPI & turbo swap. They're the ones that got my max hp dyno #s in.

Never did meet Nick or see that locomotive shovel front end, but was amazed he busted out those numbers with a small 16g and go-go juice.

Got me all nostalgic... I miss MitsuMark and BoostedYack. Mark sold me so many parts early on including the 83 hood I still have, payed $375 for it and grumbled about it at the time.. heh heh. Yack had one of the first Starion motor swapped Mighty Max's, and an epic afro.

Shelby, the bigjohn mentioned in the meet thread is john mcgrath, jmacten. Hes an old timer from way back before my time in 01-02. Pretty sure hes been around since early 90s or before. One hell of a great guy and extremely knowledgeable, but kind of quiet.

The big john that bought your old truck from jimmy is over in tennessee. I dunno how long hes been around, but hes another pretty cool dude. Him and his wife dee have a hand in the p.f. Meets. Couldnt ask for nicer people.

Now all we got to do is get you to p.f.

yep another good one ,now the guy in ohio that did the drag racing thing big time ,, heck I bought my

auto trans from him ,, he was up around Dads area seems like he was in the process of moving about

the same time , one of my bro's drove up and picked it up and then delivered it to me at X-mas time

he was one of the first to do a rear gear swap 4:22's if I recall it right

Shelby. I'm thinking that that is Joe, from Joe dog racing. great guys.. I think he is still around.. has a site....

http://joedogracing.com/

posible but i don't think so this guy was moveing out of ohio

just too many yrs and too many names :(

Thats was Twistedwankel Shelby. He was BIG into SCCA auto-x, took the white car he had to Nationals and cleaned house. I talked him him alot when I got my first car way back when. Offalot knew him too, how many of ya'll know Offalots claim to fame on here? lol

Edited by AndyW

Thats was Twistedwankel Shelby. He was BIG into SCCA auto-x, took the white car he had to Nationals and cleaned house. I talked him him alot when I got my first car way back when. Offalot knew him too, how many of ya'll know Offalots claim to fame on here? lol

He hitch-hiked the entire country in the dead of winter. Spent a few days here before heading to FL and then West. He should have written a book about all his adventures and different types of people he met.

Jimmy