Something went bang?

good ol ACT at work. Doing what they do best.... causing damage

Your car likes you when it breaks down close to home

it would be cool if someone made a stronger billet fork

or get a better designed clutch

Edited by jinx

Glad you were home John. But... I do believe if it can be done... you dah man to hook it! Sorry budd. Better try a "billet replacement?" ;)

Lucky you were close to home.

Once in a while I get lucky. Last year the slave went out about 4 miles from home.

That is nasty! were you beating on it when that happened?

No just a drive to and from work with a side trip to the e85 station. But I did run a 12.55 at 113 a few weeks ago. :)

good ol ACT at work. Doing what they do best.... causing damage

Your car likes you when it breaks down close to home

or get a better designed clutch

I hate that clutch every time I push it in. But it will hold the power. What do you have behind your g54b?

it look like it has been cracked for a while.....u can see the crack line where it collected dirt filling the void.......

There looks to be two crack lines on it. It was not disengaging as well as it did last year.

Edited by StarquestRescue

ugly... luckily it looks like the pieces didn't go rattling around the bellhousing causing more damage. In all of my cars i strongly enforce the 5 second rule, the clutch should NEVER be in for more than 5 seconds... when your clutch pedal is in is when there is stress on the master, slave, and fork, otherwise they are at rest and with heavier duty pressure plates this becomes even more important. I compare it to lifting a very heavy weight, not too hard to lift it up and put it down, but think of the added stress of holding it up for an extended period of time. This is what you ask of your clutch system when you hold that pedal in, drives me nuts when I see someone in traffic or at a light with the clutch pedal in the whole time.

not saying your guilty of this, I'd say its more from the heavier duty pressure plate and old fatigued clutch fork, still a good rule to heed. It would be nice to find a stronger fork, or a multi disk clutch setup.

I hate that clutch every time I push it in. But it will hold the power. What do you have behind your g54b?

my 'best' 54 going in a rolla wagon(substantially lighter than a starquest). I doubt even the 60-1 would smoke the XTD 240mm

For a heavy street starquest, I would have gone to a "clutch house", like some race guys do.

Single disc, lifting the front wheels of full weight street 1.8 rollas, with "reasonable" pedal effort.... is what I'd persue.

Alot of clutch magic resides in the compounds apparently

I was also had a bad vibration that was getting worse. When I did not find the source in the bell housing, I looked around and found a collapsed pass side motor mount.

The top plate is setting on the collar. It looks like the rubber broke down and oozed out of place. Maybe the heat killed it? This was new from rock auto about 4 years ago. They fit and looked like crap from the get go. Only new motor mounts I ever bought. I put a 25 year old oem in. I think it has another 25 years in it.

The car is back together now, even put the muffler back on, and life is good. Muffler kills some power though :mad:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/StarquestRescue/DSC03484_zpsbf0d5431.jpg

Edited by StarquestRescue

hey John, you interested in a poly passenger mount? Phil has the market on the drivers side. lol Edited by wrngwae