You DO NOT deserve this car!!

zactek

I'm furious after reading this post in the "cars for sale" section called "Gold automatic flatbody New York"

The Who/When/Why/Where:

Exactly a year ago, I sold my car to a 'friend" of 25 years who is no longer my friend. I had it for over 17 years and carefully restored, modified and kept it well maintained. I recently got married, had a baby, and needed a bigger car to keep up; my play toy was no longer adequate...I have no way to keep 2 cars so I started looking for a wagon and when my "friend" heard I'm selling my Starion, he begged me to buy it. After numerous e-mails and endless questions, he bought the car and I picked up my wagon the next day. Everything was disclosed to him, I spent hours showing him the car, DROVE the car over an hour in city/highway traffic with him, his mother, fully loaded with extra parts I gave him for free. Made sure he got home OK and there were no problems, there were none. 3 months passed by and out of nowhere he's telling me the car is garbage, needs endless things and he wants his money back.I'm pretty sure his mechanic (who's a hack at best) damaged many things on the car and is trying to get money out of him (a pattern with him for many years). I tell him I have no way to take the car back and THEN, a slew of insults from him mentioning my family,Palestinians.hunger, Jews and Hitler. I had enough and haven't dealt with him since.Now I see him trying to sell the car for parts. The car was a labor of love with over 10K invested, and he ran it into the ground within a year between him and his lack-of knowledge mechanic. People like him should not own cars like this and don't deserve them. Sorry to vent, hopefully someone with knowledge and respect will buy it and put it to proper use.

This is the short version, take a look in the "cars for sale" and decide for yourself....

Zack K.

• Like 1

I remember that guy, I believe Kreal sold him a running engine from his black Quest, tried to get money back EtC, claiming no compression. Turns out they were turning the crank over by hand trying to test compression.. LOL

I must say he did fess up and apologize for the error.....

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76373&hl=kreal

Dad

Edited by Dad

I remember that guy, I believe Kreal sold him a running engine from his black Quest, tried to get money back EtC, claiming no compression. Turns out they were turning the crank over by hand trying to test compression.. LOL

I must say he did fess up and apologize for the error.....

http://www.starquest...=76373&hl=kreal

Dad

You got it, that's him! I looked at his current for sale post closely, and 90% of the things he listed are "wrong" or possibly need replacement were replaced less than 2 years ago. He's looking for problems where there isn't any and listening to his mechanic who's misdiagnosing everything and without asking anyone else's opinions, especially on here.I sold him a perfectly usable car with which I never had problems. Amazing how in less than a year, EVERYTHING possibly needs replacement.....All that car needs is a heater core

(or bypass it with a hose), master cylinder adjustment fro more travel,and a Megasquirt adjustment near idle

Zack K.

Well, delete all emails from him, and just let it go. I spent 10 years building my quest and sold it for far less than I had hoped, and whatever the current owner does to it is his prerogative. Luckily for me, he's keeping it running and improving what needs to be improved, or replacing things that need to be replaced (in that car's case, it's the body).

No matter how attached I was or still am, it's his now and I can't tell him what "should" be done. Just as he can't tell me what I "should have" done. The guy you sold your car to can't tell you anything. He also can't get his money back because you aren't wal mart or some huge bidness. You're a private citizen and the sale was final.

Too bad he's antisemitic.

People see the results and the glory of the work you put into a project, but not the work itself. Had a buddy many years ago had an F250, lifted, painted nicely, same story, started a family and needed something more practical. Hesitantly sold it to a lady friend of ours who never saw the hours we put into it keeping it on the road...only the fun times when we were cruising. When it started needing maintenance she started griping about the truck AND my buddy.

I would save all the contacts between you two, just in case. Some folks need to drive Honda's

This was yours Zack! I read the post when it 1st appeared last night. Really didn't make much sense, but I read it "all!"

I suggest: Someone just buy the car @ the deal of the price it is, or even less?... diagnose any "real" issues, get it back on track; & ENJOY the car! ;)

How's the baby? Happy Holiday! It's a beautiful day here! :)

This was yours Zack! I read the post when it 1st appeared last night. Really didn't make much sense, but I read it "all!"

I suggest: Someone just buy the car @ the deal of the price it is, or even less?... diagnose any "real" issues, get it back on track; & ENJOY the car! ;)

How's the baby? Happy Holiday! It's a beautiful day here! :)

Yes, that was mine! Just the TB-pro and the S&M strut bars are worth the $1K he's asking for.....idiot :mad:

If he would have been human about it and ASKED me what was wrong.....instead he went to a hack mechanic who messed everything up.Thousands of hours spent on the car and numerous FREE hours I gave him fixing his other cars, and this is the thanks I get, mocking my labor, knowledge and abilities, while he can't even change a headlight bulb....

The baby's great, healthy and taking up a lot of my time lately! :P

Yes, that was mine! Just the TB-pro and the S&M strut bars are worth the $1K he's asking for.....idiot :mad:

If he would have been human about it and ASKED me what was wrong.....instead he went to a hack mechanic who messed everything up.Thousands of hours spent on the car and numerous FREE hours I gave him fixing his other cars, and this is the thanks I get, mocking my labor, knowledge and abilities, while he can't even change a headlight bulb....

The baby's great, healthy and taking up a lot of my time lately! :P

I'm sure you're love'n it! Time flies by in general when look'n back Zack... but it's especially true w/ your children! Good news, enjoy every moment! Changes in life structure & time, are the biggest differences when blessed w/ children! Won't be long before they're sneak'n out taking your car for a midnight ride? ;)

^^^ or do business in general with family or friends...^^^

Yeah, i know....I usually don't.

But after everything was disclosed, and numerous chances for him to back out in the beginning, he insisted that he can take care of everything......and then killed it.

I thought he was competent enough and man enough, guess not.....

Zack K.

That does suck. Every best intention...bla bla bla... Hope someone on here can pick it up. Sounds like you put a lot of wrench time and $$$ in it. Sorry you gotta hear all that crap from a friend.

D

24 years of friendship down the toilet over a car ? back in my old country Scotland this dood would be laying in the gutter out cold after spitting up his teeth looking up my kilt as my Doc Martins rained down on his skull , what an ahole , his "mechanic" is as big a hole as he is man , he's pointing the finger in the wrong direction imo Edited by SOTTY
  • Like 1

So how does this work Zack... its an 87 but a flat body?

Yes, built in October of 86, Labeled, considered, and registered as an 87 according to VIN. Last year the flatties were made.

When i bought it back in 1995, I didn't even know they existed, lol. Still can't believe how bad this guy is making it out to be. Most of that stuff are simple fixes, OR completely unneccesary (except foor the blown heater core-if that really even happened)

Zack K..