Dyno sheet

bigmandsm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what you get when you post a dyno sheet without any backup evidence....plane and simple.

Bigman, either race someone or get some witnesses to your dyno run....I,  like some people want to know if this is for real.....if a G54b can get that much HP/TQ, I'm gonna think twice about swapping a V8 into mine.

Willing to sell your secrets? ;) Better put a patent on it.

Why doesn't everyone just WAIT until Sakura posts his info./video and THEN let the doubters start ranting.  I know the 2.6 is a truck motor, and therefore leans toward a healthier torque curve, but until you know for a fact (!) what Sakura (another Chuck Norris/Octagon fan - hehe!) has, or hasn't done, try something new, (SSSSSSHHHHHHH!)  Props to Rusty and DC!  Sakura, please hurry up w/info. and video, unless these other good people ARE right?!!

I have been saying for a few years now the 2.6 can make power. I have messed around with many diff combos Well over 30 diff combos. And I am working right now on putting it all together like it should be done I realy dont plan on going on and on how fast  it will be tell I get it done. But I have NO dought at all that the 2.6 can make a dyno like the one he posted and if you read it thats not a stock cam now....

As far as I can rember Only one quest Guy every rode in the car when it was running well that would be Carlos from Det.  

Going by the wieght and the MPH  in the 1/4 I had a MIN 341Hp AVG to the wheels

AVG reflecting the RPMS I used at the track so thats not from idel but I used On AVG 341wrhp to get down the track. That one the ONE and only pass I did at 15psi. I can think of a few things I could have done to make a bit more power well any how I am fixing every thing in the next build shoudl have it done late this year.

Funny how all the 'experts' that say no way a G54B dyno will look like that dont have any dynos over 250-270 HP.  I guess your just never gonna see 300 wHP on your blocks.  YEs I think throwing lots of boost at these cars in stock trim just blows up the torque figures, but think about it.  Getting alot of cylinder pressure and guess what u get lots of torque. but if the engine cant breath you wont see much HP. Put a gt35r turbo w,tial 38 mm wastgate custom air 2 water cooler,custom water inj kit, and whatever else he has on there and why not?  I mean Im seeing hondas in magazines making power near that level with big turbos and external wastegates..  But if all youve played with are mitsu turbos (hahah tdo5 20gs and stuff) then yeah your gonna have a hard time reaching this power level..even with a header ..

You assume nobody knows this?

Sakura can blow his motor the F$%^ apart on each run, everyone else can't.

Stock intake?  MPI none-the-less...With No2..

Sakura also said he used the STOCK valves.. LOL  Nobody buys that either..

The point is, that dyno graph simply isn't from a stock displacement g54b..

You throw boost and CFM at these motors, all they'll do is throw torque back at you..Even if you go MPI and port the S%$# out of the head(raising effeciency), the motor is going to puke out torque, with HP trying to catch up..Not the other way around...

And for the record, I believed him in his other post.. This particular dyno is what pushed me over the edge..

Is anyone home?  Since when were these motors NOT torque monsters..

Dc, you're smarter than that... ;)

My point is that you guys are all shooting him down before you even see what he's got. if he shows up with a ford Mod motor then, by all means, flame the crap out of him.

I could post all day here that I'm 5' tall, weigh in at 100lbs. and have a 13" Willy and not one of you doubters could say with any certainty that it's not true now could you?

But you would flame me all day long and tell me I'm full of crap cause you've seen so many Willies and none has been that big so far!! That doesn't mean it couldn't happen though does it, just cause you've never seen one?

But guess what? you don't really know for sure until it's in your damn face, right?

So like I said, If he doesn't have it, he won't show it to you. But he said he would.

So shut up and wait,  see if you can learn something.

Just because you or someone you know hasn't been able to pull this off doesn't mean that Bigman hasn't figured out a way around the roadblocks of the G54B.

Show us your stuff bigmandsm, I'll back you up till you make us both look like fools.

Turborusty

If nothing else, this has been an interesting thread.

It seems as if the camps are somewhat divided by those who have tried to make power the "right" way(mpi, etc.) crying foul and those who are aspiring to make power with stock intakes and such hoping he has discovered the Holy Grail and will share his secrets with them. Before I get flamed for the statement, please notice I placed quotations around the word right.

I will say right now I'm not enough of expert to say it isn't possible. On the other hand, let's review the facts as we know them so far:

1) 357whp, 402wtq on 2/10/05 and 486 whp, 395wtq one week later, with as far as we know a similar set-up(except maybe a different cam).

2) dyno sheet was imported from mustangmods.com

3) stock bottom end

4) stock intake

5) pressure from us on the boards to produce a dyno sheet (keep in mind he has a product to sell)

6) No one, that I know of with a g54b, has ever producing a hp curve even close to the one posted.

No one item by itself should necessarily leads one to cry foul, but put together smells fishy at the very least. Especially the part about gaining over 130whp while losing 7wft/lb tq.

While very skeptical, I will reserve judgement and allow him a reasonable time to provide some credible type of documentation. I honestly hope it's true, I'd be the first in line to pay for his discovery.

To use DC's analogy of a 13" willy, while we may not have personally seen one(or care to) we've all heard the stories. However, this dyno would be the equivalent of a 26" willy and that's where some are saying "yeah... right."

I am personally about 4 weeks away from completing some major modifications that will shed some light on the reasonably limits of what I can do with this engine. Until then, or until he provides credible documentation, I will remain skeptical. And by the way, I have no secrets and will share with anyone that wants to know what I have learned.

Finally, I don't feel he should take offense to the skeptics, you can't make that kind of claim and expect everyone to bow without providing some type of proof.

Dave

Freedom of speech........if i posted a dyno slip, and know one believe me.. i wouldn't care.....sure the g54b can produce any numbers you want, knowone is debating that.....but is this dyno slip is real?...after you factor in the situations...

I am personally about 4 weeks away from completing some major modifications that will shed some light on the reasonably limits of what I can do with this engine. Until then, or until he provides credible documentation, I will remain skeptical. And by the way, I have no secrets and will share with anyone that wants to know what I have learned.

Finally, I don't feel he should take offense to the skeptics, you can't make that kind of claim and expect everyone to bow without providing some type of proof.

Dave

Well put.....

If this was a Honda forum...yeah you might make a few dollars on your discovery...but this is a Starquest ...cars that some people don't know existed...if I want to make money selling HP/TQ , I'll be gettin into them Hondas!

Me and my buddy been playing around with Desktop Dyno half the day yesterday...guy is a big muscle car fan...he says this guy might have got it down pat, from a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most likely doable), he says it's a 6.

Note the "if".... ;D

Props to Turborusty and 88Whitestarion!!!!  Very level-headed, and not prone to go off half-cocked! Now, if anyone wants to see some REALLY insane hp./tq. monsters, go to central florida turbos (totally sic,-- I LIKE IT!!!) and click on the dyno VIDEOS!!!

To use DC's analogy of a 13" willy, while we may not have personally seen one(or care to) we've all heard the stories. However, this dyno would be the equivalent of a 26" willy and that's where some are saying "yeah... right."

Wasnt me that was turborusty..

• 2 weeks later...

This belongs on the BS forum, because thats what it is...BS. 100 More HP than torque on the G54B...? Not in a million years, it should be the other way around. So that means hes making around 200 more hp than he should be, if you dyno 400 torque with a G54B then you will most likely have around 325hp, and this guy is making 175hp more than what a typicall G54B would make given the torque... Look how high the Torque is at 2500 rpm, with a GT35R you won't be making much boost if any at all that low in the RPM range, not only that but to keep the power coming that high in the r's would mean a big cam, which means no low end torque... This look's a lot like a supercharged 4.6...

DJ

Wow... i need to get ahold of what some of you guys are smoking....  g54b with stock manifold, stock cam, and stock bottom end.... if it was possible he blew the motor trying i havent seem him reply yet.  Their is no way in H3ll a g54b can make that kind of hp with that little torque..  the stock conquest manifold might flow like 150cfm per port lol.  I know of a few 4g63's running 600hp or above on stock manifolds but they are hogged out. the stock 4g63 manifold restricts like 20cfm to the head and its 3x the manifold the conquest one is.  Another question is how can you put down that power and not have trans problems.  I know ppl are having problems with the conquest internals in a d50 narrow block trans and a mild 4g63.  Id tell you guys that want a fast car to swap to a 4g63 but you'll have to venture into the dsm forums to get the real info....  and if its torque you want then id go with a 63/64 hybrid with 100mm stroke.  

and before you make anymore honda comments... a 4g63 stock head flows.. just a quick cut and paste from http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53893

Now the test subject was a totally stock 1G head. It still has the factory valve job and valves.

Here are the numbers that I have collected as of now.

Stock head with no intake and a ¾†radius entry. #3 intake runner. As you can see these are a good flowing head to begin with.

Lift CFM

.050 48.91

.100 94.21

.150 139.62

.200 181.24

.250 216.94

.300 241.11

.350 261.52

.400 271.14

.450 280.45

Stock head with a stock intake. No T.B. with a ¾†radius entry. #3 intake runner. You can see not only does the stock intake kill the upper lift flow like everyone knew, but it hurts low lift flow as well.

Lift CFM

.050 33.75

.100 88.70

.150 128.18

.200 169.87

.250 202.57

.300 223.95

.350 238.73

.400 245.79

.450 252.65

and honda heads flow better.... you do the math.. when 2+2=5 the g54b will lay a dyno down like that

thats more than my .02... you conquest guys never stop amazing me with your bs.

HOLY SH&* !!!  So what you're saying is that 4 valves flow better than 2?!  Someone notify mitsubishi and Ferrari F1, they'll jump over to 4 valves in a heartbeat!  (oh wait, they already have)  AND DSMs make more power than the G54B!?  Tell Mistu to stop using the G54B in sports cars!  (oh wait, they already have)

TSirocket-

1.  90% of everyone here knows all of what you just said

2.  90% of everyone here believes that this thread is pure BS

3.  YOU are one of "YOU CONQUEST GUYS"

4.  There's just as much BS in the DSM workd as the 'quest world-and a LOT more rice

5.  Sweet mod- "ground tb butterfly"   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I thought this was about dyno numbers with the 2.6, Who cares what a honda head flows,this is a starion conquest site,We go to a honda site for that . Damn every time I'm in my quest some kid in a honda wants to race me,so when I hand them there a** they always park and talk smack, something like "My head flows better".HeHe

I believe that dyno chart left was incorrect, I will be getting together with Bigmanndsm soon and will let you know what the deal is. As far as I know he has got a good reputation with mistus and was one of the original starting members of CCDSM along with his friends at Victor Research in East Hartford CT. I also believe he is good friends with Dave Bushier and have worked together. Not trying to start nothing just stating some facts and if there is some magic bud involed I want some.

and before you make anymore honda comments... a 4g63 stock head flows.. just a quick cut and paste from http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53893

Now the test subject was a totally stock 1G head. It still has the factory valve job and valves.

Here are the numbers that I have collected as of now.

Stock head with no intake and a ¾†radius entry. #3 intake runner. As you can see these are a good flowing head to begin with.

Lift CFM

.050 48.91

.100 94.21

.150 139.62

.200 181.24

.250 216.94

.300 241.11

.350 261.52

.400 271.14

.450 280.45

Stock head with a stock intake. No T.B. with a ¾†radius entry. #3 intake runner. You can see not only does the stock intake kill the upper lift flow like everyone knew, but it hurts low lift flow as well.

Lift CFM

.050 33.75

.100 88.70

.150 128.18

.200 169.87

.250 202.57

.300 223.95

.350 238.73

.400 245.79

.450 252.65

and honda heads flow better.... you do the math.. when 2+2=5 the g54b will lay a dyno down like that

thats more than my .02... you conquest guys never stop amazing me with your bs.

Boy talk about a old post of mine. That was a few weeks of my life testing on the flowbench.

Here is a link to another street driven (true steet car) DSM and the power that it made.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread...;highlight=polk

Polk

Again, isn't this a CONQUEST MODS FORUM!,if you want DSMs go to my boys at the CCDSM site. This is why this site sucks now ,Why wouldn't be BSing about our cars here ,this is what this site is for!.Ignorant people our on here posting about hondas are fast or how much better the eclipse is, We Don't Care.

Sorry about the venting, but you get what I saying.