Whats the Top Speed you've achived in your SQ?

nomad

had my at just past 150ish on a long straight in the mountains. seen 140 afew times in lower elevations. and mike i know that feeling your talking about mine went away with a wheel and tire change. 17's with low profile tires vs 14's with balloons

17s??? The best I could come up with that had the right bolt pattern and offset were a set of 15s and they weren't easy to find. I didn't want to use spacers. It did improve the ride quite a bit with just the 1 inch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

120.. I was late too, had a retard in the car telling me to turn the turbo on also. >.<

HAHAHAHA i can imagine one of my noob friends saying that!! funniest thing ive ever read....

135 in my silver one. s16g and a tep head.

saw your 240sx picture, realized i just added you as a friend on Facebook like a few hours. your jason?? im graham, was tellin you my car looked just like your buddy trevor's car. small world lol, just knew it was you because of the 240 pic in your sig

anyway, fastest ive hit was 80mph, and i don't even have a licenst yet LOL!!! it was on back roads, and i wasnt pushin it all the way.

Graham

17s??? The best I could come up with that had the right bolt pattern and offset were a set of 15s and they weren't easy to find. I didn't want to use spacers. It did improve the ride quite a bit with just the 1 inch.

there rims were free and i needed spacers to just move the rears out so they didn't look so far in.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/klinkzor/sidecar.jpg

they still look to far in and the car needs about a 1in drop to look right to me with the low profile's

there rims were free and i needed spacers to just move the rears out so they didn't look so far in.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/klinkzor/sidecar.jpg

they still look to far in and the car needs about a 1in drop to look right to me with the low profile's

nice rims...but there doesn't seem to be much shoe there for the car to run.

nice rims...but there doesn't seem to be much shoe there for the car to run.

the rear tires a odd ball thats one of those stretch tire deals so there's not much tread to contact on that one

heres a better pic with the car in the air

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/klinkzor/lift.jpg

there a large improvement over the factory 14's

Edited by 83_project_toy

In my bone stock 88 except for synthetic motorr oil I passed 140.Pulling still and last time I looked was about 145 then let off.that was manny miles and 14 years ago.I got worried about deer and obviously jail so I backed off.

Have had it to 120-125 so many times.didn't top out much more with mods;just got there way quicker.

I won't try that again on a public road if i can help it.Would like to run om the Nashville super speedway just to see what it could do.

I have had my 325 to 115 a few times.not as fast as starion.just makes me wanna hurry and finish rebuilding it.

I've never gotten my speedometer to read over 80mph.

I rebuilt the motor, turned up the boost, even ran av gas but it just wont go past 80.

Yeah, 83's are limited to 85MPH. They have a mechanical AND electronic limiter... aka, lack of power. LMAO!!

Pretty sure it's 85MPH and not 80. I think you forgot cuz you haven't gone that fast in so long LOL...

I've seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot... ON THE BRAKES!!

-Robert

Lol yeah i think its 85 or at least thats what my challenger shows.

jeez 180 in an rx-7 minagera?

Why do our cars top out so low? I would think just the way the motor's are built...or would it be more of a low final gear.

Cruising at 70mph at 3k rpm :P

Why do our cars top out so low? I would think just the way the motor's are built...or would it be more of a low final gear.

Yeah, your Mikuni carb'd 2.6 is not going to go any faster than 85... LMAO...

JK, I had my near stock 2.6 truck pulling past 110, 115... and then I passed a Mustang 5.slow that said "STATE POLICE" on it. He asked, "You know how fast you were going?" I said, "...75??" He laughed, "Yeah, I don't think so... you were going a lot faster than that. I know because I could barely catch up to you, and I've got a 5.0." He was nice, and didn't know how fast I was really going... so I got a ticket for 65 in a 55.

You guys having trouble with high speed stability and feel, should lower your cars... it improved my truck a lot. Also got up to speed quicker too.

-Robert

Yep fastest i have ever gone, and that was dumb on the highway. Only at the track or salt flats :-P

Yeah, 83's are limited to 85MPH. They have a mechanical AND electronic limiter... aka, lack of power. LMAO!!

Pretty sure it's 85MPH and not 80. I think you forgot cuz you haven't gone that fast in so long LOL...

I've seen the way you drive, you've got a heavy foot... ON THE BRAKES!!

-Robert

You are correct in that it is 85 and not 80.

You seem to be confused about my driving and the car's ability though.

How did you do against me and my 83 at the strip the last time we had a meet?

How much power did your car put out compared to my 83 when we had the dyno meet?

:confused0024: :rofl3:

hm i dont think his f/a 18 can go mach 4 ;) a clean-winged super hornet could prob get around 3. just like a clean winged f-15. u cant really tell when your up there, but at low alt. mach speeds are pretty crazy

*been on an incentive flight*

ive done 110 with my mini truck on a trailer behind me. wasnt on purpose. more like w=one of those things where you just get in a zone to drive. my buddy was asleep, woke up and looked at the speedo and says, have you lost your mind. thats when i realized how fast i was going, almost crapped my pants at that moment.

it seems at least once a month we have to have some one ask the same question over and over,,

why not make one of them a sticky and SAY YES WE KNOW

and then the speed limit is 80 on the interstate ,,actualy for the first two yrs of driveing i think no new driver should be alow'd to drive over 75 on any road ,and anything over 55 they need an adult with them :biggrinumbrella1: