FIP and prize for 07 Nationals

Dad

Since Burton has offered an alternative prize, and it was refused, I'd say it's a done deal. Life isn't perfectly fair, so how can we demand perfect fairness in our eyes. What has been done and offered to the winner sounds plenty fair to me. It is definitely between Tim/Burton and 'FIP'/ Ed & Scott'. Hopefully they will honor what they said as late as Sept. That would be great. In the meantime, let's remember that this site in itself has given us a great free venue of support for over 10 years now, and be happy that we have the opportunity to complain.

I guess I am hoping to set the expectancy level for event administrators. They are responsible for seeing the prize through, and have the right to offer an alternative like they did. From what I hear from everyone, they have done a great job with the meets and this example shows that too. I hope to make it to Branson this year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Tim C., Ed, Scott, and everyone else:

Gentlemen, as has been stated, Burton was in charge of the prizes. However, as National Meet Coordinator, I would like to make a few comments on the issue, and it can be transferred wherever it may need to go. I'm posting here, because the relevant parties are posting here as well.

Personally, I do not feel that FIP let me down. I feel that FIP let the entire club down, as well as Burton, who has worked tirelessly to procure the item in question for Greg. It is of my opinion that FIP has tarnished the spirit of the National Meet, as rules have been instituted this time as a direct result of what has happened. It is somewhat hypocritical in my opinion to boast of new accomplishments, however fine they may be, when promises are going unfulfilled to members of the community.

On a personal level, I am quite disappointed in FIP, as they made a promise to the entire community to provide their parts to be won at the National Meet, and the fact that they have not made good on this, a full year and a half later, as myself and two new planners begin work on the 2009 National Meet. They did contribute to the 2005 National Meet, and the parts arrived before the meet, so we assumed that they would not welch on this one. I remain disappointed at the fact that they did, and hope that their actions do not undermine a meet that myself and so far, MANY people work very hard to put on for the good of the community.

In conclusion, Tim C, you are most welcome at the meet, we would love to see you there. I do not think it's concluded that Greg does not want a replacement prize, it's perfectly understandeable to want, and require what was promised, and I do not fault him for that decision. My hat is off to Burton for continuing to pursue the matter, and he knows that if he wishes for any help from me, that I am willing to do anything I can.

Tim

Edited by UlrichWolf

I wanna know why they returned to the boards and answered like 2 questions and then freakin disappeared. There was a thread for us to ask them questions, and it looks like it got deleted.

Thats BS man.

I wanna know why they returned to the boards and answered like 2 questions and then freakin disappeared. There was a thread for us to ask them questions, and it looks like it got deleted.

Thats BS man.

It's right here (Its up in the stickys in the MPI fourm) http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80779 and its the only thing that Ed ever looks at when he logs on (i usualy tell him when there are REAL (IE not "how do i change the firmware on my fip controller?"or "how do i make the maps larger") questions posted in there.

Josh

It's right here (Its up in the stickys in the MPI fourm) http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80779 and its the only thing that Ed ever looks at when he logs on (i usualy tell him when there are REAL (IE not "how do i change the firmware on my fip controller?"or "how do i make the maps larger") questions posted in there.

Josh

oh haha you had it stickied. you tricky devil! :scared0016:

Josh, do you think they will ever be "FIP" the company again? and sell a fuel computer? that new one they have or whatever?

oh haha you had it stickied. you tricky devil! :scared0016:

Josh, do you think they will ever be "FIP" the company again? and sell a fuel computer? that new one they have or whatever?

Kyle,

I stickied it without prompting from techmaster or anyone else. At the time it appeared that FIP was back and willing to help the sqc community. Why is Josh under attack at all. That would be like attacking you for knowing Fanta.

Jimmy

Kyle,

I stickied it without prompting from techmaster or anyone else. At the time it appeared that FIP was back and willing to help the sqc community. Why is Josh under attack at all. That would be like attacking you for knowing Fanta.

Jimmy

Fanta who? :confused0024:

I hate to say it... but Josh is the only contact anyone here has anymore to FIP.Or the guys who used to be FIp or whatever So everyone with a peeve with FIP is trying to go through him. sorry josh. i have no peeve with Josh or FIP though, didnt mean for it to seem as such if it did

There was rumor of a FIP2 new system they might be releasing and i was curious if there was ever gonna be any intent on selling it or any other products again

Josh,

Perhaps you could ask Ed or Scott to give me a call.

If they are willing, I will gladly Pm you the phone number. Or.....I can call them on my dime. I would like very much to contact them regarding this matter.

Tim

Yes, go ahead and send it.

Fanta who? :confused0024:

I hate to say it... but Josh is the only contact anyone here has anymore to FIP.Or the guys who used to be FIp or whatever So everyone with a peeve with FIP is trying to go through him. sorry josh. i have no peeve with Josh or FIP though, didnt mean for it to seem as such if it did

There was rumor of a FIP2 new system they might be releasing and i was curious if there was ever gonna be any intent on selling it or any other products again

The gen2 FIP stuff is not a rumor it is indeed real and running their car (it is very nice IMHO), However I don't think they will be selling it because they really don’t have time to support it anymore since they returned to their day jobs.

Exactly, and that's why the one individual who had a bad experience with them directly can post in the feedback forum about it and let it go. They aren't a company any more, things in life happen, etc... No money was invested, so they have not ripped him off. He is out nothing but his hopes. In fact, the promise was initially to Tim, and they hoped to make good on it by telling the winner that, but major changes have happened to where they don't seem to be in the same position to make good on the promise. The event administration is ultimately responsible for making good on the promise they alone gave to the winner, not FIP. Tim can post negative feedback because the loss was his. I don't blame him for not awarding an alternate prize in lieu of FIP flaking out either. No one here is made of money, so we have to act like a family and forgive and forget, or we are the ones who are making ourselves suffer through needless stress about bygones.

FIP may not have the ability to make the items any more, or since they aren't manufacturing them like before, their cost would be much, much more, so we can't expect them to do it now. For example, an employee gets in a car accident and can't work anymore. Should the employer expect him to come to work? Of course not.

Can everyone please give these guys a break and move on?

I can't believe you would say that, first off the administration was volunteer members from this site who devoted a lot of time and effort. If a vendor tells them that they are donating- such and such part what are they supposed to do??? Give me a break!

And as for no money invested- Greg paid for a ticket! He won a prize so was not eligible to win another- C'mon Tim you are better than that!

Just seems lately that a mans word isn't worth anything today.

And thank you Jimmy, At first I was pissed that you had my name starting this but it's OK now. I'd rather bring the scammers out in the open.

Dad

Randy,

What would you suggest that sqc do about this ? The events are arranged by members of this site and are members of the other sq sites also. We don't actively get involved in meets, prizes, donations, etc. ....just provide the means of communication.

I would suggest that in the future for anyone hosting a meet with prizes to take the "promised but not delivered" prizes and put them at the end of the drawings with communication to the participants that the prize is promised but not here so the risk of no payout is there.

Jimmy

Randy,

What would you suggest that sqc do about this ? The events are arranged by members of this site and are members of the other sq sites also. We don't actively get involved in meets, prizes, donations, etc. ....just provide the means of communication.

I would suggest that in the future for anyone hosting a meet with prizes to take the "promised but not delivered" prizes and put them at the end of the drawings with communication to the participants that the prize is promised but not here so the risk of no payout is there.

Jimmy

The only thing Jimmy I see is the support FIP is getting that i just don't see is justified, It's like lay off they had problems. leave them alone etc, It's great what they are doing with the car- Thats BS./ I have yet to see them apologize or just plain tell Greg that he isn't getting his prize. he either is or isn't.

If it was me in there shoes and I could not come thru then I would tell him! Period. Eat the crow and go on. At least greg would Know where he stands.

I know they did not make the post but really they should let the members know where they stand- they even still have the site up were you can purchase products.

Got I hate typing my thoughts.

Randy

I don't see what the big deal is, its not like anybody paid for something they didn't get... Times are hard. plain and simple, I see both sides, but for real.........

He paid for a ticket in the raffle.

They promised... in fact why not tell him he won't get it and close the deal

Randy,

Jimmy

We have handled the situation for future raffles. At least as far as the 2009 National meet is concerned.

Even as far as the last meet is concerned, the owners continued to promise to fulfill their obligation, long after the meet was over. All I see left is a question of integrity. People have tough times and that can be understood. I know that I and several others have had to sacrifice sometimes, to provide the things that were promised. That just shows that there is always a way to make good on a obligation. It all comes down to how important it is to the individual.

It is great that they can continue to push the envelope, just don't expect for that to wipe away past issues. If it were important, the same time and energies could have put to rest the outstanding responsibilities.

JR

He paid for a ticket in the raffle.

They promised... in fact why not tell him he won't get it and close the deal

everyone is not understanding what your are saying..

DAD is saying he did pay for a ticket, he did not pay full price for the setup, but did buy a raffel ticket. he should be awarded the prize..

DAD is also saying, that FIP should call greg and say, hey we will ship the prize, or hey sorry things fell through we can not ship you the prize you won.

however i understand why greg did not take what burton offered.. it was not burton who owed him anything..

that in a way would be like DAD needing a turbo, an BURTON telling i have, i tell DAD to pay shipping and i wil send it., then stop talking to him, and BURTON offering him one because i did not do what i said..

it would not be BURTONS place to make good on my deal.

all everyone wants if for FIP to say

hey greg, we are sorry, we can not give you the prize.. sorry, we were in the wrong..

The fact that the comment was made..."greg refused an alternative prize"....c'mon.....He refused Marks labor hours when Mark has more important things to do that cover for someone else's problem. The fact that Mark offered and Greg refused shows how stand up they both are.....Its like helping someone when they are broke down on the side of the road....YOU DON"T TAKE THEIR MONEY IF THEY OFFER IT TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that the comment was made..."greg refused an alternative prize"....c'mon.....He refused Marks labor hours when Mark has more important things to do that cover for someone else's problem. The fact that Mark offered and Greg refused shows how stand up they both are.....Its like helping someone when they are broke down on the side of the road....YOU DON"T TAKE THEIR MONEY IF THEY OFFER IT TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY!

WHEN YOU HELP AN OLD LADY CARRY GROCERYS, AND SHE OFFERS YOU 5 DOLLARS, YOU TELL HER NO ITS OK, BUT THANK YOU..

First I would like assure everyone that Greg will receive his free kit. Scott talked to Greg a little while ago and told him he will receive his kit, but it would be awhile till I was able to finish it.

I shut the FIP shop down when my little sister was in the hospital so I could visit every day. All paid for kits were shipped at that time. After an extended time in the hospital Mary passed away.

The shop remains closed as far as taking any orders.

I also noticed that know one seems to remember the thousands of dollars worth of kits we have already given to the club and meets.

Also the kit was to be given away FREE not with paid for raffle tickets!

Regards,

Ed

Tthe tickets were in the registration packs. There were a limited number per person, and only one prize to a person. Perhaps the correct word would be "drawing" rather than raffle. Edited by jolyrgr