NDD Motorsports Subframes

GoldStar

31 minutes ago, RB25SQ said:

I’ve contacted them a couple times for updates using a couple different methods. I try to be patient and understanding but its hard especially when I'm just excited for cool parts

I don't want to throw them under the bus but last time i contacted them 5 months ago he said he would check on it and never got back to me, i didn't follow up either though, busy summer. I've contacted them again recently and may try again if i don’ hear back soon 

I've been talking with them through Facebook.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, Grendel said:

Thanks. 

DId you dispute the charge with your service provider?

I did look. I also talked with him at length, I own an auto rodsteration business and understand delays.. I asked when stuff would ship, he said before Christmas.  So I placed the order.

If it doesn't ship by then, I will cancel the order. 

Unfortunately, I did, but I never got the chargeback returned.  So I still get to bi-weekly ask them where my product is.

I do see now there are options that weren't available before... like swaybar mounts.  Never thought the original wouldn't have it.

There's also the option of a power rack now instead of just manual.

Edited by tux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How could a company do that to it's customers?  Especially the starquest community. That's upsetting.  Wish I could make these on my own.

I saw a post on facebook about this issue, and not sure if it was the owner or employee that responded. He said that there are places that have a 2 year wait for fabricated parts. Thats fine, but at least be up front about that from the start. And if you are really slammed with work, hire more staff!

Looking at his website, you can still checkout the parts people have been waiting on for a year and a half. If you are so backed up why would you allow that?

Edited by Mech

How hard would it be to find a company to build these parts for us and start a group buy?

Looks like no one has posted on the group purchase section since 2015 lol. i dont know if that was due to the starquestclub website crashing awhile back. Starquestclub is not the website it used to be  😪

Edited by Mech
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mech said:

How hard would it be to find a company to build these parts for us and start a group buy?

Looks like no one has posted on the group purchase section since 2015 lol. i dont know if that was due to the starquestclub website crashing awhile back. Starquestclub is not the website it used to be  😪

You can fabricate anything you set your mind to.

NDD can even fabricate timelines of delivery!

• Haha 2

I found a shop in Los angeles that would fabricate the same parts as NDD. They said their turn around time is 2 weeks. and they can start soon. 

a set of rear control arms and the jig would be $2,000

one rear subframe and the jig would be $3,000

After the jigs are built, 2 rear arms would be 650-700, and 1 subframe 600-650.This includes powder coating. Pretty close to NDD price.  BUT, to get these prices, they would need 10 orders. The more orders the cheaper it gets.

They would also need a control arm, and a subframe to replicate. Kind of hard for me to pull mine out of my ca right now.... If someone had stock spares laying around that would be good.

If a group buy was started, if everyone paid a little more towards the design cost, it could work.  But seems like the group buy section on this website is dead. And it seems like these parts are not high demand, so don't know if this is really worth pursuing.

Regardless, i think the best thing to do, is just find another company.

Edited by Mech

This is my opinion and how I’m going about my build. 

this is a dead chassis and if custom parts are to be made they need to either use universal parts or parts of a chassis that will be supported for decades. For example if you’re going to reproduce suspension parts use universal poly bushings and or universal balljoints. Use a ford 8.8 center section for cheap parts and gear sets. Eventually all torque tubes will be gone, posi clutches will wear out, ring gears used up, CV joints gone. Updating the suspension to S13 / S14 components would probably be a good idea. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKB94 said:

This is my opinion and how I’m going about my build. 

this is a dead chassis and if custom parts are to be made they need to either use universal parts or parts of a chassis that will be supported for decades. For example if you’re going to reproduce suspension parts use universal poly bushings and or universal balljoints. Use a ford 8.8 center section for cheap parts and gear sets. Eventually all torque tubes will be gone, posi clutches will wear out, ring gears used up, CV joints gone. Updating the suspension to S13 / S14 components would probably be a good idea. 

Eventually the S-chassis stuff will start to disappear.

My wife checked out these guys on Facebook, they are claiming they have most starquest parts in stock and are ready to be shipped. It's  cool this company is making parts but hopefully they make it up to the people that paid and are not just money grabbing.

17 minutes ago, tux said:

In 15 days I will celebrate my one year anniversary of not having parts I paid for.

Josh stopped responding to me. 

whats crazy is that you can still order those parts through their website. You should leave them a bad review on google maps so other people dont fall victim.

1 hour ago, Mech said:

whats crazy is that you can still order those parts through their website. You should leave them a bad review on google maps so other people dont fall victim.

Oh I did

• 2 weeks later...

No updates, but today is me and NDD's one year anniversary.

He just gives excuses.

I guess 1 year anniversary is paper.  My gift to him will be late, but I'll be filing with the FTC for fraud.