Megasquirt on TBI questions.

Does anyone here have a megasquirt of any variety setup on a stockish car with TBI?  I want to eventually move to one of Scott's setups or possibly build my own.  

Does anyone has a MSQ from a TBI car they could send me to look at?  I have an MS3X+Microsquirt on another car so I am experienced in the platform. I would however like to see how a TBI starquest looks in Tuner Studio vs current NA v8 setup.  

My car is running well but the wiring is in pretty rough shape under the hood.  A clean and delete with a megasquirt add might be a good project for this coming winter.  Just kicking tires at the moment.  

Should be some links in the MPI forum. When I originally set mine up fuel only on TBI it was relatively quick and easy. Hit me up if you need help. I'm sure I have a slew of tunes from TBI cars over the years 

Edited by psu_Crash

I don't see how it's going to be much different than an NA V8 besides the fact it will have positive pressure value areas of the maps. 

Are you going to run the same size injectors and run them paired in batch fire? Not sure how TB is normally set up in TS.

I'm debating making a Microsquirt setup for a little 125 bike I'm about to buy. Basically a Honda Grom clone so I'm curious as to how TBI is setup since this bike only has one injector

My Flatty is MS-TBI running two secondary injectors along with a flex fuel sensor and COP.  There aren’t any huge differences in the VE table between MPI and TBI, certainly the overall VE is higher and extends somewhat higher in the rpm axis but you’d only notice if looking at them side by side.

• 1 year later...

I too am looking to run MS with the stock TB.   Wondering about how to run the idle control.  Would like to do away with the isc/mpc.  I have looked into the PWM/ IAC valve options.  Not sure the best way here.   Also, I use the replacement Trilogy Turbo injectors and wondering can I reuse  them in a batch fire setup, or do I need 2 secondaries like  Scott87 is doing.   BlueCuda , would love any update you can give along the way.  

Thanks!

Eric

Was also considering same setup with some type of aic

I have found it much easier to go without any idle control on the G54, it has lots of torque at 900 rpm and can handle the AC and power steering without issue, unlike a Miata for example.  If you set hot idle for 900-950 rpm then the only issue is cold idle, right around 600, but you can fix that with your foot.

23 hours ago, scott87star said:

I have found it much easier to go without any idle control on the G54, it has lots of torque at 900 rpm and can handle the AC and power steering without issue, unlike a Miata for example.  If you set hot idle for 900-950 rpm then the only issue is cold idle, right around 600, but you can fix that with your foot.

I agree. Years back I used a PWM valve for idle control. It did work well once it was all figured out. Then one day it stuck open and scared the snot out of me. Removed and never looked back. My foot is the cold start "fast idle controller" now