anyone here has a 86-88 s12 200sx ?!

prototype78

Had an 86 hatchback s12/gazelle. Fun little car... Heavy, no power, and a real turd. But youll definitley feel more 80s than in a starion.

Youll see what i mean when you drive one;)

Oh ya AND!

The digital dash is quite funny! Ive yet to see one function 100%. Mine used to tell me i had 3/4 tank of fuel when really i had 1/4. At first i thought i had bought a very fuel economic car... Turns out it left me stranded with no fuel on the interstate, showing 1/2 tank.... Sometimes it would just stay at 3/4 lol.

My firt turbo car was ab 84 200sx. Talking car, womens voice, with fancy trip computer below the stereo unit. Electronic dash, power windows and all the bells and whitles Nissan could throw at it at the time.

I loved the car, was fun to drive. But as already mentioned, it nearly dragged its butt on hard take offs, felt heavy and under powered even for a turbo.

The V6 were not much better, in fact were worse. They were nose heavy.

But you dont really buy an old car like that for "performance" but more for nostalgia and driving something uncommon. These older cars cannot possibly be compared to new car performance.

Mr starion...Hahahahah..my wrangler did the same to me one time ,lucky me it was real close to an exit and to a gas station

Skullzaflare...yeah i also heard that its kind of slow for being a v6

Didn't know there was a v6, his was a turbo 4 cylinder. Think it was a old sr20

You can swap the VG30ET from a 300zx straight into it. Just get the computer and harness.

Also the RB series is a straight drop in as well. You can use a non turbo z trans from a later year Z31 or a Z32 tranny. Buy a cross member from a Nissan 200ZR (a Z31 300zx with a RB20 was a factory option in Japan)

They are fun cars and easy to build

It's almost the same automatic in a conquest. Honestly bell housing pattern looks the same other than starter on other side.

Change bell and put g54 in! Lol

No, no, no....then 2 weeks later he's parting it out cuz he blew a headgasket and everyone low balls him on the complete car! :lol:

No, no, no....then 2 weeks later he's parting it out cuz he blew a headgasket and everyone low balls him on the complete car! :lol:

i had never blown a headgasket on these motors, i dont see how people do it...i have destroyed alot of pistons on TBi though

Cool little cars. Seen a couple come in my work at a Nissan dealership the 5 years I've been there. They were beat to s*** but they can have alot of potential. Basically and older S-chassis car with a poopy solid rear axle. Swaps are a plenty and the JDM aero parts look killer! I dig them, they came in coupe and hatch form.

But you dont really buy an old car like that for "performance" but more for nostalgia and driving something uncommon. These older cars cannot possibly be compared to new car performance.

Ditto. Let's be real if you're in the market for an 80's car it's probably not because raw performance by modern standards is the main factor. It's probably because 80's cars have some swagger and a clean, dropped S12 with tasteful mods will stand out at the car meet or cruising, and show you've got some soul.

These older cars cannot possibly be compared to new car performance.

with a few dollars, old cars (like the S12) 'come alive' and will outperform most new cars.... for a fraction of the cost

one of our clubmembers swapped the sohc ca18Et for the dohc ca18DEt.

With only a evoIII 16g/header, 550s, SAFC, zx AFM, fmic, exhaust, clutch

Lights up 3rd gear at will. Few new cars can. Suspension, brakes... pick your poison