I'm done with the G54B

questsale

Jinx

I've made 450 awhp on a stock long block daily driven I know what I can do with a 4g63. That doesn't mean it's something that most people can do and make it live. A 4g63 is a fantastic motor but when you factor in the cost of making it rwd with a tranny that won't break after two burnouts. There are better options in my opinion.

• Like 1

yeah, tranny adapt cost can be a deal breaker. Are you going auto or manual ?

I was talking to a cat 15+ years ago at moroso whose full wt street rx7 TII ran a couple 9.6s on stock gearbox! Good enough for me

A close friend puts numerous boxes behind his JZs.... so I'm covered if I get stuck (4g63 + TII 5spd).

His home d.i.y. jobs been working well for years. His personal 2J/TH400 full wt street 240sx 5.8 1/8th (still more left in it)

He actually prefers the z32/rb25 5spd over the r154(thrush washer & notchy shifting). He found em cheaper & easier too

Did a couple JZ-nissan 6speed as well, but said he didn't like em

I am running a r154 and im on my 3rd one. The first two broke in the 350whp range. I broke a shift fork in one and the other the case cracked. Yes majority of the 4g swap cost is in the tranny and bell housing. For the cost of that alone you cant buy a 1jz swap. I had the adapter plate to go gm auto but I prefer stick and you have to cut the floor and tranny tunnel to get a th400 to fit nice. I don't want to go through all that again.

You must be biying crappy r154s that come with the 7m housing and that have been beat on for 100k prior to yours swap. Buy a low milage soarer tranny see if 350hp breaks it...

Mikie's was low mileage soarer and it broke. I think they are all hit or miss. Mine is making some odd noises. I'm considering the 370z 6 speed trans if I can fit it.

low milage soarer tranny and it had a bent input shaft.. figure that out.. lol... Also the weak point on the R154 is the 1-2 shift fork, the thrust washer and bearing retainer.

I sent my trans to marlin crawler and had them do a heavy duty rebuild. Which includes billit bearing retainer, shift fork and thrust washer. shouldnt have any more issues with mine now

I've seen another friend open up 3 or so of those 154s and used crawler bits. Dunno either box history

the two 1Js I mentioned above..... one is a mkIII supra @6.8sec 1/8th. Like 600hp / ~580 tq Spraying. That car is a very heavy pig, so that gbox must catch hell. The other is a considerably lighter 1J 93' 240sx ~6.7 1/8th

A 154 can get the job done. My buddy has punished enough of them, so I'll take his word on them vs the nissan 5spd

Nuttin funny here <<<lmfao^^^

I love my 8o's turdo motor. Its un driveable at 5oo whp. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

There is nuttin wrong with swaps I myself with be doing a swap. But I want v8 turbo auto ac. Im gettin old......